1965 Ford Mustang GT
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: GT
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 76,655
- VIN: 5r07a231265
- Color: Ivy Green
- Engine size: 289 4BBL
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Ford Mustang GT1965 Ford Mustang GT
We purchased this car in 2003. Unfortunately, e have not used and enjoyed the car like we thought we would. Nor do we think we will in the future. As a result, e have decided to sell it and let someone who will use it own it.
This car was built in San Jose, A and received an 18 month restoration at Mustang Ranch in San Jose, A ending in October 1994. We have more than $23,000 in receipts documenting the restoration. It was issued a branded title by the state of California in February 1995. The owner we purchased it from bought it in February 1996 and relocated it to Puyallup, A. They sold it to us in April of 2003 and we relocated it to Oregon City, R.
It received a number of upgrades when it was restored:
- Engine rebuilt with forged pistons, V-1 cam and Edelbrock Performer intake manifold.
- T-5 five speed transmission
- Lincoln rear axle with disk brakes
- Dual circuit master cylinder
- Cable operated hood lock with key located under the dash
- Torque Thrust Wheels
- Air Conditioning
- GT package
- Pony Interior
- Front Disk Brakes
- Power Steering
- A Code Engine
More recently we added a Momo steering wheel. The original steering wheel is included. We have also recently replaced the master cylinder (3 months ago), row radiator (2008), ront brakes (900 miles ago) and battery (last month).
The car is a nice driver quality car. It still needs tinkering with though. Here are some items we know need to be done:
- The ammeter flickers and doesn't register correctly.
- Air conditioner parts work but the system has a leak. We believe the leak is in the condenser, ut it needs to be checked out.
- The driver seat has two small tears in the seat bottom (see photo).
- The driver door panel has a small tear next to the door pull (see photo).
- It has two small areas where the paint is bubbling, ne behind each rear wheel (see photos). They have been stable since we have owned the car. The paint is very presentable but not perfect. There are chips and scratches from being used. There are small cracks in the paint behind each rear side window (see photo).
- The passenger side hood hinge leaves the hood a little high on that side. It can be pushed down, ut probably needs replacing.
- The car wanders a little when driving. We suspect the tie rod ends as the rubber is perished, ut it needs to be checked out.
- The tires were on the car when we purchased it. They are old and should probably be replaced before driving regularly. We do have all 4 center caps for the wheels.
In 13 years of ownership, e have put less than 1000 miles on the car. It has been started and run fairly regularly. I'm sure you will find other things that need doing on the car and it should be thoroughly checked out before driving it very far. We have no records from prior to 1993, o the odometer reading is not documented and should not be presumed to be original. Please bid accordingly.
We have taken the car to several local car shows and have received 2 trophies.
Please message me with your phone number if you have questions or want to set up an inspection.
- Non refundable deposit of $200 due within 2 days of auction end. Payment in full within 3 days of auction end via wire transfer, ank check or cash. Funds have to clear our bank before release of car or title. Car needs to be removed within 2 weeks of the end of the auction. We will be happy deliver the car via trailer if you are local to us (within 200 miles) or work with your shipper.
- Please only bid if you have the funds and will complete the transaction. We want the car to go to someone who will enjoy the car, lease allow that to happen.
- Inspections are welcome during the bidding period. Inspections will not be permitted after the bidding period. Due to the age of the car and condition of the tires, est drives will not be permitted. We will be happy to start and warm up the car, emonstrate that it goes, teers, tops, tc. We will take interested bidders for a short ride to demonstrate the car if requested, eather permitting. We can put it up on the lift so the underside can be inspected thoroughly.
- By bidding on this car, ou agree that you are completely satisfied with the condition of the car and will have no recourse if the condition is found to be unsatisfactory after the purchase. Again, nspections are welcome during the bidding period. Please bid accordingly.
- Car is sold as-is, here-is with no warranties or guarantees expressed or implied. Please bid accordingly.