1986 Mustang GT, 18,0xx original miles--no reserve~!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: GT/LX
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 18,099
- VIN: 1FABP28M3GF305917
- Color: Deep Canyon Red
- Engine size: 5.0 (302ci)
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Ford Mustang GT/LX
Folks: if you are near northern Virginia, ou should contact me to come by and see this car in person. I think that you will find it to be a fabulous specimen of a foxbody Mustang.
Remember driving your 5.0/5-speed Mustang? Want to get that feeling back? This is your chance to own a true survivor, 1986 Mustang GT that hasn't been modified and that has only 18,000 miles. How can it be? Check the history report; this Mustang was stolenin 1987, nd didn't get re-titled until 2012, 5 years later.This car must have spent many years in hiding after it was stolen, nd it is in amazing condition, specially for its age. Important note: because it was once stolen, he car will has a reconstructed title.The car does not appear to ever have beenin a wreck, ndnearly everythingin is is original and intact.
I was driving on a back road in 2014 and saw this car with a for sale sign, nd I just had to have it. For the first year after I bought it, enjoyed many hours with my sons doing the work outlined below. The car is solid, nd was driven quite regularly this past summer, ut I have a newer Mustang as my daily driver, nd I am willing to give this car up to a good home.
Here is what we did with the car since buying it:
- New spark plugs, ires, nd distributor
- New serpentine belt
- New front brake rotors & pads, ew rear shoes/rebuild, led all brakes
- New front wheel bearings (old style brake rotor)
- Changed power steering fluid
- Oil changed twice (I have put only 3,000 miles on the car)
- New hood lining/insulation
- New fuel filter
- Installed K&N drop in air filter
- New front dash top
- New headliner
- New visors
- New seatbelt buckle cover
- Replaced rear view mirror
- Repaired Marchal foglamps
- Fixed interior "map light"
- Installed new motors for power windows (new guide rod bushings too)
- Fixed fuel gauge (replaced sending unit in fuel tank)
- Replaced master headlight switch
- Installed four new sealed beam headlights
- Note: the car has a modern sony AM/FM/CD with aux input for your iPod.
- Replaced outer door/window beltline weatherstrip
- Replaced left sail window outer frame (that was a hard part to find)
- New blue oval on front grille
- New Mustang GT decal on back deck-lid
There is a tiny (seeping) oil leak from one of the valve covers. I have parked this car in my garage for the past year and the floor has been very nearly drip free. The slight leak usually burns off on the header--I've never added oil while changing the oil annually and driving <2,000 miles/year.
There are no other issues that I am aware of on this car. The cruise control, ear de-froster, og lights, igarette lighter, nd map lights all work. The Ford 5.0 pushrod V-8 is a legendary engine, nd this one only only has about 600 miles per year on it. Kumho Ecsta all seasons are new-ish with lots of tread (see the photos), nd yes, he traction-lok rear end still likes to lay down "11s."
All of this said, t is a 30 year old car. No warranty is offered or implied, nd when you drive any car this old small or large problems can occur. However, y daughter drove this car on a couple of trips two hours away over the summer without incident, ut with many thumbs-up from fellow travelers, ven on the spot offers to buy it.It cruises down the hiway quite easily at 75 mph.
I posted 22 pictures here, ut if you don't see the picture that you need to see to buy this one, ontact me and I will see what I can do.
You can pick the car up here in Virginia or arrange your own shipping. I also might sell the vehicle locally, o I reserve the right to cancel the auction.
This is a great car that needs to find its next loving owner. Please bid only if you are willing to take good car of this classic foxbody Mustang.