1962 Ford Thunderbird Roadster Convertible Rare Ford Motor Company Promotions
- Condition: New
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Trim: Roadster Convertible
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 3,600
- VIN: 2Y85Z106867
- Engine size: V8 390ci
- Drive type: Rear
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Ford Thunderbird
ALERT FORD COLLECTORS
This is a Top of the line 1962 Thunderbird# 106867 with theSport RoadsterPackage 1 of about 1400 produced
This particular 1962 Roadster # 106867 is a Rare M-10StampedCompany Car bought by Ford Motor Co.
Shipped to Ford Division Garage in Dearborn, I on September 23rd 1961
See pictures of originalInvoice / Bill of sale, you will see ( Ford division General officeCar Promotion & training )
We believe that this car was used for the December 1961 Motor Trend review of the New 1962 T-bird (see picture)
we have the magazine as well.
From what we can tell once Ford was done with its launch of the 1962 Roadster, nbsp;this T-bird was sold to aprivate Gentleman in March of 1962out of Lewis Motors in Gastonia, C to a fellow named Howard B. Yancey theOwner of The Southern Reneedling Co.
Eventually this T-bird was acquired buy the fellow who took on the Rotisserie restoration.
We acquired this vehicle as it sits now about 1 year ago. from a Gentleman in PA.
When you see THIS 62 T-birdJUST SCREAMS JET AGE >very cool from every angle >>>
- Just 3,600 carful miles on this Gem since full Rotisserie nut and bolt Restoration toas New Condition,this is as close to a 100 point car as you will find.
- Original Cruise-O-maticTransmission.
- Ford factory Crate Motorinstalled 390Ci V8with Tri power carbsdyno@ 400HP / withonly 3600 mileson motor.
- OriginalRangoon Red Paint really pops like no color I have seen in years.
-White leather interior isin perfect Concours condition and really compliments the red color and the white wall tires and original wire wheels.
- Working updated Air Conditioning system.
We havethe real ORIGINALfactory owners manual book. NOT a Reproduction.
Everything works as it should, ou will not find a rare M10Ford T-bird of this body style anyplace in the world.
Restoration would cost $150,000. or moreto bring a car to this level.
ThisThunderbird runs and drivessonice and is ready to go turn some heads and is arare birdinvestment quality American classic.
Please call Ed 845-351-2201 to schedule and appointment to see this Rare American Classic !