1964 Galaxie 500 "427 Lightweight Tribute"
Price: - Item location: Redmond, Washington, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Galaxie
- Type: Fastback
- Trim: 500 "Lightweight Tribute"
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 98,000
- VIN: 4P66X202960
- Color: Pagoda Green
- Engine size: 427 Dual Quad
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: Automatic
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Ford GalaxieEquipped with a Ford 427 C5AE-A dual quad, ou are looking at a pristine piece of authentic mid 60's American muscle. Presented in the original Pagoda Green color with black factory bucket seats. Built at Ford Motor Company's Twin Cities Assembly Plant, t is the oldest Ford plant in operation, aving been first built in 1924. This car was then purchased at Tenvoorde Ford in St Cloud, N, he oldest private dealership in existence, established in 1903. This car stayed right there in Minnesota for over 40 years, wned by a Ford assembly worker at the plant this car was built. With under 100,000 original miles,he performed the restoration and upgrades himself over a 14 year period between 1995 to 2006 (an 11 year restoration). This car is an exemplary example as to the very limited racing specifications that were coming out of the factory at this time, large forbearer to the muscle car era. In its restored condition this car has seen less than 1500 miles.
This original Galaxie 500 car is highly detailed and an award winning recreation of the Lightweight Factory Drag Cars including a fiberglass tear drop hood, iberglass front fenders, runk, ore supports and inner fenders. Just like the originals, his car boasts a factory spec roll bar, ear seat delete and heater delete. Just like the originals this car is set-up with the 427 dual quad motor spec, ut there's more, his retired Ford mechanic made sure it had the best of everything:
* Ford 427 FE date stamped C5AE-A. This engine was the most powerful passenger car engine produced for retail sale by Ford Motor Company.
* Performance C6 transmission with R code server and iron tail with a Specialty Auto Cool cooler, 6-pinion wide ratio gearset, nd custom built torque convertor.
* Competition Tri-Y Headers with 3" stainless steel exhaust with SS Borla mufflers.
* Rare dual Holley 9150 4 barrel carbs, odel #c3ae ca. These original pieces were rebuilt at the Holley factory in 2013.
* 4.259 Venola Pistons, agle H-beam Rods, nd Triton 1100 front sump oil pump
* Dynoed at 574hp at 6200rpm and 522ft/lbs at 5000rpm SFI flywheel, TI Super Damper, nd ARP rod bolts and throughout.
* Edelbrock ED-60079 Aluminum heads (ported), nd ED-8805 Waterpump Full Harland Sharp mechanical roller assembly with billet rocker stands, mith brothers push rods and titanium valve spring retainers Mallory Electronic Ignition system and wires.
* QA1 Precision Products shocks all around Billet fabricated motor oil pan
. Mark Williams 3rd Member attached to the Ford 9" with 4.11 gears running through a Detroit Locker all turned with an ultra high-end 3.75" carbon fiber driveshaft.
* For safety this car has an external battery switch, nd driveshaft loop, nd a line lock.
Don' t miss your opportunity to own this big, ad piece of American horsepower, uscle and history.