1964 Ford Galaxie 500xl resto rod pro touring lowrider classic 390 bagged
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Galaxie
- SubModel: 500xl
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 500xl
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 463C64L908131
- Color: White
- Engine size: 390
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Ford Galaxie 500xl
Up for auction is my freshly completed 1964 Galaxie 500xl 390 big block auto. Drivetrain is a fresh rebuild with literally under 5 miles since completed (drove from shop to home) the rebuilt NUMBERS MATCHING 390 big block produces approx. 300hp and the rebuilt NUMBERS MATCHING automatic transmission shifts like the day it came out of the factory. The project took about a year to complete and during that time things changed (as they usually do) no room for the car and unfortunately it has to go. The reserve is set at a fraction of what I have into it - anyone who ever commissioned a build to be done will understand the amount of money it takes to complete one of these projects - particularly if you are paying to have it done. With that said, will list the features/items of the car to the best of my ability - please feel free to ask questions if I missed something or you need any clarification.
- Fresh rebuilt numbers matching 390 big block
- Fresh rebuilt numbers matching automatic transmission
- New rad, aster cylinder, tc
- Willwood 6 piston brakes all around
- Full ride-tech level 2 Galaxie kit - see ridetech website and look under complete kits, hen Galaxie stage 2 with digital control/readout unit
- Additional compressor and tank for faster response time (dual compressor and tank setup)
- New full exhaust
- Body was stripped, ompletely shaved (including handles) and painted wimbledon white
- All chrome was powder coated black - with the exception of window moldings - those were wrapped in black 3M - flawless!
- Riddler 20" x 8.5" (rear)and 18" x 8" (front) wheels and new tires - after received they were powder coated black
- Remote door poppers
- 75% of the interior replaced to make it showroom condition (full red interior) the 500xl has the front buckets with center console - very cool looking
- Custom gauge cluster with autometer gauges
Not to mention the hundreds of smaller things like gaskets, ey cylinders, iring, ew battery,etc etc etc that gets replaced on a build like this along the way
Visually the car is absolutely stunning - blacking out all the chrome gives it a very SINISTER look and with the air ride laid out it is likely the most stunning Galaxie you will ever see. I kept the interior red to match the large 6 piston red brake calipers, hich really pop through the black powder coated wheels. I did not tint the car as I wanted the mint condition classic red interior to pop as well. Under the front hood I spent money to keep it stock looking as I feel there is some value in this car being numbers matching - I also liked the stock under hood contrast with the pro touring exterior concept - it is as clean as you will get it. In the trunk we laid out the stainless air ride components as if they were on display including an added 2nd compressor and 2nd air tank for faster on demand air - it also balanced it out nicely.
Please note that some of the pics were during the build so if something looks incomplete, hat's because it was - the car is complete, ested, uns perfect, nd everything operated perfect - blinkers, ipers etc.
Hoping she goes to a good home where someone will really enjoy her.
The vehicle is available to viewing anytime - I will accommodate any reasonable request for showings - as far as shipping is concerned, uyer is responsible for shipping, will of course accommodate and help in anyway I can - will help load, over, rotect, ill document condition digitally upon load - PLEASE have insurance when shipping cars and try to use a reputable shipping company, eard of a few nightmares - and not looking to get caught up in any shipping drama.
Please do not bid if you have no means to buy the car, know this sounds like a given, ut happens to people all the time on ebay - please send $2K upon winning auction and make a reasonable effort to pay balance within 7 days - ideally you have the funds readily available when bidding and not choose the close of the auction to apply for a loan.
Lastly, am not a dealer - not looking for a trade unless it is something I simply can't refuse.
Again, lease email if you have any specific questions that I may have not covered.