1981 Fiat 124 Pininfarina 2000 Spider Convertible 2-Door 2.0L 5-Speed- RARE Car!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Fiat
- Model: Other
- SubModel: 124
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Spider Convertible 2-Door
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 61,400
- VIN: ZFAAS00B3B8186385
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2.0L 1995CC l4 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 Fiat Other 124Up for sale is a rare 1981 Fiat 124 Pininfarina 2000 Spider Convertible- there were fewer than 5,000 of these produced in '81. Car is red with tan interior and top. Overall, the car is in decent shape to be so old. Comes with a lot of original parts, like all 4 wheels with center caps and spare, jack, steering wheel, seats, and more.
Has an aftermarket ANSA exhaust and appears to have been repainted the original red. A roll bar has been installed.
Shows less than 61,500 miles on odometer as of listing.
The previous owner let this car sit in a garage for about 10 years mostly undriven. It shows on some of the rubber parts. I bought this car to fix up and resell, but my daily driver died, I lost my job, and I need a car. I'll trade this for a decent Toyota Matrix or Rav4 or something similar. PLEASE don't make a deal on this and back out- I'm being super honest about it, and I need a car ASAP!
I got as far putting a new water pump, timing belt, drive belt, ignition, ignition coil, distributor magnetic pickup, radiator, thermostat fan switch, plugs, and wires on the car, as well as cleaning it up real well and buffing it (pics were taken pre-buffing). It keeps great temperature, runs pretty well, and is fun to drive. Heater and fan work. I drove it about 60 miles with the top down on 3/26 and it was up to the task. The top is great except for one small spot that I had to patch. I don't know if the top's original.
Comes with a CD player and shop manual. No original manual. Tires are old, but have lots of tread left.
Now for important things that will need attention:
1. The engine idles rough until it warms up.
2. The engine knocks. I can't tell what it is- piston rod, oil pump, just plan for the worst to play it safe and be pleasantly surprised if it's something better. As I said, the car will drive just fine, and it doesn't smoke.
3. The transmission pops out of 4th gear when you let off the gas. I'm not sure if this is due to old tranny fluid, or if it needs a syncro kit, or what.
4. I keep it covered, but when it rains or you wash it water leaks into the floorboard because the seals are old and bad right in front of the windshield (between windshield and hood).
5. I would bleed the breaks and put new hoses on.
6. I would install a new fuel filter (may be why it idles rough).
7. Needs some electrical attention. When the lights are on bright, they will randomly turn off from time to time. Also, the green arrows for the turn signals don't work, and you have to flip the turn signals off manually (but the signals, themselves, work). Also, the wipers are real slow.
8. Needs visors and a driver mirror.
I'm sorry, but due to so many non-paying buyers I require you to have a PayPal account to buy- I'm sorry if there's any inconvenience.
I probably have other items listed, too, so please take a look! Many of my items are also for sale locally, and will be removed if sold locally.
Questions- If you have any questions, please feel free to ask through eBay messages, or you can text or call cell #423-827-4376.
Payment- I accept PayPal, but call, text, or eBay message with any questions.
Shipping- shipping is up to the buyer. I can help coordinate a pickup, but buyer will need to arrange the plans to move the vehicle.