1953 Fiat 500C Topolino Grey
- Condition: Used
- Make: Fiat
- Model: 500
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Fiat 500C Topolino
- Year: 1953
- Mileage: 750
- Color: Grey
- Engine size: 4 Cylinder 570 CC
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Rear Wheel Drive
- Interior color: Brown
- Options: Convertible, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1953 Fiat 5001953 Fiat 500C Topolino Grey
Chassis number: 434365
The car is currently in Italy but custom clearance and shipping to New York are included in the final selling price. Once payment is settled, e will take care at our own expenses of shipping the car with a container to the port of New York. Customs clearance will also be at our expense and a full set of original documents will be provided to insure a quick registration with the US DOT. The buyer will only have to take care of shipping from our warehouse in New Jersey to the final destination in the US. Delivery time to New Jersey is estimated to be between 20 to 30 days from payment.
We will be glad to provide quotes for shipping in Europe, outh America, apan, sia, nd Australia. Just send us an email.
We accept payments through PayPal, r bank wires. Thank you
For info: my website fiat500vintage.com - email: firstname.lastname@example.orgHistory(from Wikipedia)
The Topolino was one of the smallest cars in the world at the time of its production. Launched in 1937, hree models were produced until 1955, ll with only minor mechanical and cosmetic changes. It was equipped with a 569cc four-cylinder, ide-valve, ater-cooled engine mounted in front of the front axle,(later an overhead valve motor) and so was a full-scale car rather than acyclecar. The radiator was located behind the engine which made possible a lowered aerodynamic nose profile at a time when competitors had a flat, early vertical grille.The shape of the car's front allowed exceptional forward visibility.
Rear suspension initially used quarter-elliptic rear springs, ut buyers frequently squeezed four or five people into the nominally two-seater car, nd in later models the chassis was extended at the rear to allow for more robust semi-elliptic springs.
With horsepower of about 13bhp,its top speed was about 53mph (85km/h), nd it could achieve about 39.2 miles per US gallon (6.00L/100km; 47.1mpg-imp). The target price given when the car was planned was 5,000 lire.In the event the price at launch was 9,750 lirethough the decade was one of falling prices in several part of Europe and later in the 1930s the Topolino was sold for about 8,900lire. Despite being more expensive than first envisioned, he car was competitively priced.Nearly 520,000 were sold.
Three models were produced. Model A and B shared the same body, nly the engine of model B had 16hp, s. 13hp of Model A. Model A was produced from 1937 to 1948, hile B was produced in 1948 and 1949. Model A was offered as a 2-doorcoupè, -doorcabrioletand a 2-doorvan,while Model B also introduced a 3-doorestateunder the name 500 B Giardinetta ("estate car"). Model C was introduced in 1949 with a restyled body and the same engine as Model B, nd was offered in 2-doorcoupè, -doorcabriolet, -doorestateand 2-doorvanversions. In 1952, iardinetta was renamed Belvedere ("A turret or other raised structure offering a pleasant view of the surrounding area", eferring to its sunroof). Model C was produced until 1955.
The car for sale was produced in Italy in 1955 and had a complete mechanical and body work restoration in 2015 in Teramo - Abruzzo(Italy). The brown lather interior was also re-done in 2015. This was a very meticulous and chomprehensive renovation and the end-result is spectacular. At a recent event, his biutifull car was valued over EURO 40,000.
Since its 2015 restoration, he car has covered only 750 km. It runs perfectly, ith all switches and gauges working properly, t is a great fun to drive, nd it is a great attention getter. The car is also registered with ASI, he official Italian Historic Vehicle Register that accepts only vehicles with 100% original parts, nd high standard renovations.
On request we can provide other info and more photos.
Buy as an investment:The value of this car for hagerty.com
MODEL OVERVIEW1953 Fiat 500 Topolino Info
- 0" >
- Body Styles
- 2dr Coupe
- 0" >
- Engine Types
- 4-cyl. 570cc/13hp 1b
CURRENT & HISTORICAL VALUESView current vehicle values and see how they’ve changed over time in 3-year, -year and to-date intervals. Compare these values to other vehicles and benchmark financial indices.
- $53,800Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, n the right colors, riving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, he vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, nd materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."$35,700#2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, ut will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, hrome, lass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, o unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is "excellent."
- $23,500#3 vehicles could possess some, ut not all of the issues of a #4 vehicle, ut they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, orrect interior where applicable. #3 vehicles drive and run well, ut might have some incorrect parts. These vehicles are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, nd the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one word description of a #3 vehicle.
- $15,200#4 vehicles are daily drivers, ith flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, he windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, nd perhaps the body has a minor dent. Split seams or a cracked dash, here applicable, ight be present. No major parts are missing, ut the wheels could differ from the originals, r other non- stock additions might be present. A #4 vehicle can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4 vehicle.
- this car auction is grade 1-2-Value 40.000$