1973 FERRARI DINO GTS - PROFESSIONAL COSMETIC RESTORATION OF AN ORIGINAL EXAMPLE
Price: US $105,655.00 Item location: Pleasanton, California, United States
- Make: Ferrari
- Model: Other
- SubModel: DINO GTS
- Type: SPIDER
- Trim: 2 Door
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 84,509
- VIN: 04868
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2.4 Litre
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 5 SPEED
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Ferrari Other DINO GTS
1973 Ferrari Dino GTS
From the Collection of a Discriminating Collector
An Appreciating Classic - One of 1,274 Examples Produced
Absolutely Brilliant Cosmetic Restoration - Originally Configured Dino GTS
NOTE: Our listings not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please read the OVERVIEW below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Ferrari and answer any questions over the telephone, including our "Buy it Now” policy. Yes, the Ferrari can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
Named for Enzo Ferrari's son, Alfredino, who died in 1956 at the age of 24 as the result of muscular dystrophy, the Dino was, fittingly, a 'Baby' Ferrari that was dimensionally smaller and more nimble than any other street Ferrari. Its mid-placed engine was a Ferrari first for a street car, and the engine itself is a gem: a lovely quad cam V6 that reflected the lessons learned from producing V6s for Dino race cars like the 206 SP. The styling for the car was done by Pininfarina, and remains to many one of the most beautiful and exotic Ferrari's of the period. Certainly the view from the driver's seat over the two prominently curved fenders is one of the most evocative road going driver's seat views. In fact, the car has been labeled ‽one of the Most Beautiful Ferrari's of all Time” by multiple publications including: Forbes, Gear Patrol, CNBC, Motor Trend and others.
This particular car represents a very an example that has been through a comprehensive, no expense spared cosmetic restoration. As a U.S. market example, it is beautifully presented and retains factory correct components and configuration. When the car received a bare metal re-spray and cosmetic restoration, approximately 10 years ago, it was finished in a striking bright red with a lovely tan interior. The restoration is photo documented and represents a complete restoration of a very original example. Current mileage shows 84,548 and is stated as correct although the cars age qualifies it as Total Mileage Unknown (TMU) due to it being 25+ years of age. Since the restoration, the Dino has traveled fewer than 1,000 miles.
For the past 6+ years, the Ferrari has been in a dry region in Northern California in a climate controlled facility as part of an exclusive collection of vehicles. We are representing the collection as a result of the owner's medical realities and desire to liquidate his collection of vehicles. The Dino was purchased from the caregiver who managed the comprehensive restoration and has a history of being in California for many years.
The car is in absolutely beautiful cosmetic condition, certainly meeting show quality standards for local and regional gatherings. The body is extremely straight with excellent panel fit and operation. The door bottoms, rockers, splash areas, and the remainder of the body are exceptional the undercarriage remains in original condition. As a long time California car, the Dino shows absolutely no indication of rust or even the patina seen on cars that have ‽lived” in humid or inclement weather regions.
The paintwork was done to very high standards and is brilliant. It is totally free from significant defects with high gloss paint and lovely brightwork. It has the appearance of a fresh restoration as a result of being properly stored and used minimally. The rubber trim is in excellent shape, as are the lights and glass. The top is a nice original complete with fasteners but not restored to the quality of the body, interior and rear trunk. The wheels are nice originals and sit on older Michelin XWX tires. The car is devoid of Ferrari badging with the exception of an added ‽prancing horse” on the left rear of the Dino.
The interior is correct and in exceptional condition throughout. The seat upholstery and dashboard both appear to have been re-done in factory materials and are free from any defects that detract from the beauty of the Dino's interior. The carpets are in lovely condition and appear new and logo floor mats cover the front sides. The instruments and controls are in excellent condition, as is the center console, all of which appear to be original. The steering wheel has been upgraded to a signed Nardi wheel and is fitted with a "Dino” yellow center horn button.
The engine compartment, trunk, and front compartment are all very clean and correct in appearance. The engine is correctly restored in appearance and is virtually spotless. The factory air-box remains in place with correct semi-gloss finish and decals. The front compartment ("Frunk”) is in excellent shape with correct plastic liner, fuse covers, and original spare that includes a Ferrari logo cover that could be installed. The spare wears an XWX tire. The windscreen washer bag is present and intact. The trunk has correct type carpet in excellent condition and the car comes with tool roll with tools, jack bag with jack, and an aftermarket repair manual. In both the front compartment and the trunk, the plastics are in exceptionally nice condition.
The car runs and drives very well, and benefited from a recent minor tune. The motor is responsive, powerful, and, of course, emits and intoxicating exhaust note. The gearbox functions well with good synchromesh gears once the car is warmed up. Characteristically, the car can occasionally slip out of first gear on heavy acceleration but, when driven easily this is not an issues and may well be a function of improper linkage adjustment. The steering is tight, as is the chassis, giving the car a nice coherent feel. The brakes are effective and linear in operation.
While the Dino starts, runs and drives very well, a recent independent inspection reveals the need for some relatively minor updating to bring the car into a level that corresponds with the exceptional condition of the body and interior. To ensure safety we recommend changing the older factory proper Michelin tires with a new set, replacement of fuel lines and coolant hoses, a valve cover gasket and replacement of a few suspension bushings. Considering the rapid appreciation of Ferrari Dino's and the anticipated upward trend, the investment to bring the car to a higher level would be relatively nominal.
This is a unique opportunity to acquire a Dino GTS at a very competitive price and may be especially attractive to a buyer who has contacts that are able to address the minor mechanical issues. It is a truly striking, desirable, limited production Dino GTS that is complete with factory tools, jack and other factory items and remains in its original configuration.
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 23 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 900+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license / registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Ferrari by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As a race car, we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle.
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner, previous owners, or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
2007 European Car - Editor's Choice
2007 Concorso Italiano Eiitors' Choice
Terms & Conditions
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd.