1967 Ferrari 330 GT 2+2 Series II
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ferrari
- Model: Other
- SubModel: 330 GT 2+2 Series II
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 79,625
- Color: Rosso Red
- Engine size: Colombo-Styled LS-1 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Ferrari Other 330 GT 2+2 Series IISUMMARY:
This is a beautiful Ferrari 330 GT 2+2 Series II that drives and looks fantastic!It's a very good rust-free example of this classic 1960's Ferrari GT with agorgeousreplacement V8 engine. Very nice inside and out with very good condition leather throughout, ew and proper headliner, arpeting, nd engine hood liner. The previous owner – a famous Ferrari collector – removed the original 12-cylinder engine and installed it in his 330 GTC. In 2015, athfinder Motorsports installed an ingeniously camouflaged LS-1 that is virtually indistinguishable from the original,including OEM valve covers and proper dual oil filters (please see photos below). This car drives and sounds like the original! It has a gorgeous newly built Ferrari-spec stainless exhaust system from arecognizedFerrari specialist, uned to sound like a Columbo 12-cylinder. This isa perfect everyday driver without the stress of putting miles on the original engine or worries about hugely expensive tune-ups or rebuilds. US and overseas auctions in the past six-months have seen 330 GT 2+2's skyrocket, ith average-to-high sale prices ranging from $341,000 to $562,000 – this is a great investment that you can drive while it appreciates in value!
BACKGROUND ON THE 330 GT SERIES:Among the fastest appreciating Ferraris with collectors, he 330 GT 2+2 cars are the successor to the 250, nd were first introduced by Ferrari in 1963at the Brussels Auto Show.It was much more than a re-engined 250, owever, ith a sharper nose and tail, ontroversial quad headlights, nd a wide grille.All 330 models used an evolution of the 400 Superamerica’s 4.0 L Colombo V12 engine. It was substantially changed for the 330 cars, owever, ith wider bore spacing and the notable use of a true alternator rather than a dynamo generator. Unfortunately, aintenance and rebuild costs on these engines is extremely high, esulting in many owners limiting their enjoyment of these wonderful cars.
The vasty improved and highly coveted 1965 Series II version – like this car – featured a true five-speed gearbox instead of the overdrive four-speed of the prior year. Other changes included the switch to the more popular two-headlight instead of the quad-light front clip.Only 455 examples of the handsome and upgraded Series II 330 GT were built before the 365 GT arrived in 1967.DETAILS OF THIS CAR:Overall this is a very nice 1967 Ferrari 330 GT 2+2 Series II that is a pleasure to drive, ith great sound andperformance. Its handlingand ride is what one would expect to find in any well-maintained Ferrari, nd could be driven cross country or to any car show event without worry.This particular Series II 330GT 2+2 Series II is one of last built of only 455 examples constructed. Adding to its rarity, any of these cars having been parted out for 330 GTO andother Ferrari replicas, nd there are now even fewer in existence - especially in this condition.
This was a California carand delivered to Florida, here the restoration was left in the hands of Pathfinder Motorsports. I wanted a Ferrari that was original as possible, ooked and drove great, nd that could be used everyday and never worry about the expensive-to-service Ferrari engine or putting too many miles on the odometer. I decided to have Pathfinder create the nicest classic Ferrari ever powered by a non-Ferrari engine.
Fortunately the previous owner had only removed the engine; everything else was there, ncluding the excellent condition original 5-speed transmission. We installed a fresh all-aluminum LS1 motor using all the original Ferrari driveline components, ncluding the original transmission, rive shaft, ear end, nd more (see below). The engine was tuned to a relatively mild 350 hp, utting its output between that of the original Colombo 330 street engine and a full-race 4-liter engine.A custom Ferrari-spec exhaust was designed and built by a well-known supplier of original Ferrari exhaust systems and tuned to sound as close as possible to a Ferrari 12-cylinder (and not a Detroit V8). This guy is a genius – you will be amazed at how close to the original it sounds!
Also important was to have the engine compartment look and remain as original as possible. Therefore, o new holes were cut, ll original factory wiring was retained, ustom functional dual oil filters as found in the original were installed, long with a new set of period correct (and cleverly modified) valve covers. The idea was to make an aesthetically pleasing engine compartment that compliments the rest of the car. The new owner can install a Ferrari 12-cylinder engine, r keep this one and never worry about engine mileage or maintenance costs ... ever!
Theinterior is believed to be largely original and showing the correct amount of patina for its age, iving the car appropriate character andcharisma.Following a complete refurbishment, his 330 GT is ready to drive and enjoy in every respect. Here are some of the details of the car:
- Original interior in very good condition, ncludingoriginal leather seats, enter console, ear arm rest, eadliner, ndvisor
- New OEM front engine hood pad
- Original glass throughout
- Original wood steering wheel (like new)
- Original Borrani wire wheels (including spare)
- Factory power windows (that work!)
- Factory steering box and rack
- Original fuel tank (hot tanked, rimed, nd painted)
- Factory power steering with original steering fluid cooler
- Original Ferrari 5-speed transmission with new support bushings
- Original Dunlop brakes and booster (new master cylinder)
- Factory installed rear end with new Roto-Flex joints
- Original suspension (new shocks, way bar bushings, ie-rod ends)
- New and complete (headers back) custom Ferrari 275 GTB/Super America-style stainless steel exhaust (higher flow then the original 330 system) built and installed by Mike at Timevalve
- Paint shows no rust or bubbles and is 10+ years old (windshield and rear window removed and seals replaced)
- Chassis is both original and very clean (no signs of rust or collision damage)
- Original Ferrari 330 GT-style valve covers
- No radio or speaker holes
- Original twin fuse panels (functioning)
- New carpet (original carpeting in fair-to-good condition is available for the new owner)
- All original parts (e.g., ood pad) that were removed have also been saved
- Pirelli 215/70/15 VR tires - like new
- Chrome work done by Space Coast Plating (bumper, ail pipes, icense plate lights)
- All of the machine work on this car was performed by Dave Carlson
- Custom Ferrari clutch made by McLeod, ncluding the disc, elease bearing, ressure plate, nd aluminum flywheel.
AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION:The car is in Ft. Lauderdale, lorida and prospective buyers are encouraged to personally inspect this incredible Ferrari before the close of the auction – you won't be disappointed! I canalso help facilitate door-to-door shipping toanywhere in the world at an affordable price. If youhave any questions, r would like to schedule a pre-buy inspection, lease call Alan at +1 (321) 544-2320 anytime between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm EST.