1985 AMC Eagle Limited 4x4 Station Wagon SUV RARE 4WD
Price: US $5,500.00 Item location: Kerhonkson, New York, United States
- Make: AMC
- Model: Eagle Limited
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Chrome
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 135,000
- VIN: 2CCCK3876FB715791
- Color: Caramel
- Engine size: 258 Straight Six
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Caramel
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Cassette Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 AMC Eagle Limited ChromeYou've stumbled upon the best AMC Eagle on the internet. Let me tell you why. You can find one for $2500-$3500 that's been sitting collecting dust in a barn or ridden into the ground, that's what I did, or you can get this beautiful specimen for a little bit more, knowing that the hard work of the restoration has already been done and you've got a solid, badass car for life.
Since I bought this car in January for $3400 here on eBay, this is what I've done to it:
1. Patch welded 3 different spots where the frame was cracked with heavy duty iron patches, making it stronger than ever.
2. Replaced all the brakes, pads, drums, rotors, calipers, and hoses in the front and back.
3. The whole front end has been replaced, including the inner/outer tie rods. pitman arm, steering stabilizer, wheel bearings and seals (in the front, was gonna do the back next), replaced bushings with heavier duty grease fittings.
4. New power steering pump, new starter + solenoid, battery, cables and terminals, new distributor, cap, rotor, wires and plugs. Adjusted timing to make it run smoother.
5. Replaced all headlights and blinker bulbs, rewired headlights to make them SUPER bright (that's usually a problem on these).
6. New brain box.
7. New horn assembly.
8. All new belts, several new pulleys.
I've put over $8k into this car, it was on it's way to becoming a fully restored specimen but a cross country move is forcing me to abandon the project. Next you'd just need cosmetic stuff, all the mechanical is sound!
Ask all questions before bidding. Hope this one goes to a good home. Remember it is over 30 years old so it has it's quirks, but I've been using it as a daily driver and have never had problems on my rocky, hilly land with it maneuvering where it needs to go. 4 wheel drive works like a champ with the flip of a switch! This was the first car ever to have 4 wheel drive. You get the muscle car vibe with the off-road feel. Pretty cool car. :)