1969 Dodge Coronet 440 2-door Hardtop - Original Unrestored Condition
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Coronet
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 440 2-Door Hardtop
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 33386
- VIN: WH23G9E147069
- Engine size: 383 CID
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Dodge Coronet 440 2-Door Hardtop
Description: 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 2-door Hardtop. G-Code car with original, numbers matching, drivetrain of 383-2-barrel engine and a Heavy Duty 727 automatic transmission combination. Believed to be 1 of 2532 produced in this configuration. Source: http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=100.Based on the number of cars with this Coronetâ€™s option list, that number could be less. Optional equipment includes Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Brakes, High Trim Package, 3-speed Variable Wipers, Remote Racing Mirror, Fender mounted Turn Signals, Roof Drip Rail Moldings, Body Side Moldings, Bumper Guards, and Solid-State AM Radio. The Broadcast Sheet and copy of an old California title will accompany the sale of this car and photos of it are included in this listing. The original Fender Tag is still on the car, but is very rusted and it is difficult to see all build codes.
Background: I believe that I am the fourth owner of this Coronet 440, although I have no documentation to support this. This Coronet 440, although needing restoration, is in its original state. It is unmolested and complete as built in Fremont, California. I do not believe it has ever been apart. Originally purchased in Dunsmuir, California at Dunsmuir Dodge new, this Coronet 440 spent the first years of its life in the golden state. Later, an undetermined amount time in Nevada with what is believed to be the second owner based on the address listed on the copy of the California title provided in the documentation. You will note that this title displays the license plate number. This matches the license plates still on the car, which are the original California Black Plates issued when the car was new. 1969 was the last year for these to be used on automobiles. This Coronet 440 was then purchased by a gentleman in Idaho in 2007 from the owner in Nevada shown on the copy of the California title. He never titled the car in his name. 2007 was the last time it was running, and at the time of purchase, there were no concerns with the engine. I have no reason to think that it would not run with work. I have not tried to start the car. I purchased the car in November of 2016 with the intention of a factory restoration. The current Idaho title is free and clear in my name only. A Bill of Sale will be included. My personal and family life has changed, and I have decided to list this 1969 Coronet 440 for sale.
Exterior Condition: The overall condition of the exterior is good. Overall, it is very straight with mostly surface rust. This car was built with Gold Poly paint (Code Y4) and a Black Vinyl top (Code V1X). At some point, the vinyl top was removed and surface rust collected over time. There are no rust holes in the top. This car was also partially sanded from behind the doors to the back of the car. This has also resulted in surface rust. The removal of the vinyl top and the sanding of the body is believed to have occurred when the car was in Nevada. There are some other rust issues besides top and body panels, although minor. The center trunk pan needs either repaired or replaced as rust holes are present. The windshield was removed last summer to address replacement as it was badly broken. It was discovered that there was rust on the dash sill on the passenger side and would require skilled metal work to repair. Please see this area in the pictures. The windshield was not replaced. All the trim is complete and in good condition other than one piece on the left front fender and the front passenger side wheel well that will need repaired. The entire grill is near perfect, free of chips or cracking, including both headlight housings. All light lenses, although weathered, are complete and not cracked. Other than the windshield, all the glass is in good condition. The body panels line up and gaping is linear on the car, with exception of the left rear quarter panel as discussed below.
Left Rear Quarter Panel: At some point, long ago, this car was in an accident. The damage occurred on the left rear quarter panel and was enough to warrant what appears to be the replacement of the panel. A diagonal cut was made on the top of the quarter panel running to the corner of the trunk, and a vertical cut was made from approximately the middle of the wheel well upwards to meet the start of the diagonal cut. The remaining factory seams on the left side of the trunk, running to the back of the car and around the taillight area, were cut, and the factory panel removed. A replacement was installed from a donor car. Most of the welds of the replacement were of average work with exception of the horizontal weld on the top of the panel. Here there is a noticeable offset and the original panel and the replacement panel do not line up properly. Bondo was used to cover this offset. Some of this was removed to view the quality of the weld and lineup of the two panels. Please see the photos for detailed visual description. I believe a good Welder can repair the mistakes made during the initial repair process, and the panel can still be used.
Interior Condition: The black interior of the car, for restoration purposes, is in relatively good shape. The Dash is free of modifications and is complete with all original equipment. The Dash Pad is cracked, but I have a new replacement as noted below. The Steering Wheel has splits in it. The Door Panels are intact, both front and rear, and are in good condition. The passenger door armrest will require replacement. The Headliner will also require replacement. The Front Seat was removed by the previous owner and is no longer with the car. The Rear Seat will require repair to the back. The carpet was removed to view the floorboards. They are in good condition. There is some surface rust and pitting, but no holes are visible. This is mostly prevalent in front of the back seat and in the front passenger corner. It is believed this can be fixed and replacement is not needed.
Mechanics: All systems on the car with need to be checked. This includes the braking system, emergency brake included, as they are non-operational. There is oil in the engine, and transmission fluid in the transmission. They are both clear and full. There is no radiator fluid, brake fluid, or power steering fluid. There are no modifications done to any of mechanical components on the car. There is no battery. The original gas tank is in the car, but I have a new replacement in the box as noted below. This car is not drivable and will need to be either trailered or towed.
Title in Current Owners Name
Bill of Sale
Copy of California Title issued in 2007 using original license plates
Matched Set (came off the same car) of 15x7 steel rims painted black
OEM Set of 4 Dodge Hubcaps in box correct for this car.
Notes and Comments:
I have tried to decode the Fender Tag to the best of my ability. That means that I may be mistaken. However, I have spent quite a bit of time on this, and I stick to my best guess. There is also the Broadcast Sheet for reference. You will see that the â€œV1Xâ€ is showing unknown. This code is for the Black Vinyl Top.
I have not hooked up a battery to this car to check any of the systems.
I have many more detailed pictures of this car and a video of over 6 minutes discussing the car. They can be made available upon request by providing your valid e-mail address. If you would like to see something specific, please specify.
The Car Jack for this car, although not pictured, is included. It is complete.
You may call Mike for specific questions at 208-867-9294. Please leave a detailed message if no answer. I will return your call.
This car is located in Boise, Idaho.
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
- A $500 non-refundable deposit is due within 24 hours of auction end. Winning bidder must contact me and make arrangements for payment at that time. If no contact is made within 24 hours, I reserve the right to re-list the vehicle and sell it to the next high bidder or sell it otherwise. The remaining balance is due within 7 days of auction end. No exceptions. Any transaction fees are the responsibility of the buyer.
- This 1969 Coronet 440 2-Door Hardtop is sold as is, where is, with no warranty expressed or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made because of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, or have contracted to have the vehicle inspected, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value, and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.
- I accept cash, cashierâ€™s check, or bank transfer. I will notrelease the title or car until the funds in full have cleared my bank.The title is free and clear in my name. A bill of sale will also bewritten for both parties.Do not bid on this car unless you have the funds with intent to purchase.
- I do not deliver. Buyer is responsible for shipping and all associated shipping costs. I am notresponsible for any damages that may occur after purchase.
- If you are not sure about something, please ask! Do not assume anything not listed is included. I reserve the right to cancel bids for excessive negative feedback. I reserve the right to end the listing if the vehicle is no longer available for sale.
- Please do not bid on this auction unless you are serious about owning this vehicle. All non-paying high bidders will be reported to eBay, and negative feedback will be posted.
- Please only bid what you are willing to pay. If the reserve is not met, I may contact the High Bidder to offer a second chance option.
- I do not need help selling this 1969 Coronet 440, nor do I wish to put it on consignment.