1971 Dodge Challenger Restomod Project
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Challenger
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: JH23Gxxxxxx
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: none
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: dynamat
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Dodge ChallengerSelling my 1971 Dodge Challenger Restomod project car. Pics are of the car when it was sent to our professional painter for final body touch ups and final primer coat. Car is currently in grey primer and ready for final block and paint. Panel fitment is perfect and body work is perfectly straight front to back. Car was panel fitted before final body work was completed to ensure a perfectly straight car. Many man hours and custom modifications have been done to the car and listed below. This car was bought in So Cal and had virtually no rust. Car was soda blasted and then shot with epoxy primer inside and out. Body of the car was in great shape.
1. Custom built Strange Dana S 60 rear end narrowed 4 inches with 3.73 traclock
2. Custom made Rushforth Rated X wheels 19x12 rear and 19x8 front 3. Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires 225 40 ZR19 front and 325 30 ZR19 rear 4. Wilwood disc brakes front and rear.
5. Super Stock rear springs with spring relocation kit 6. Hotchkis complete sport front suspension package
7. Flaming river quick ratio manual steering box 8. Flaming river tilt wheel 9. Completely rebuilt rally dash cluster rebuilt by Instrument Specialties. Quarts clock upgrade and Tach for MSD ignition 10. Be cool aluminum radiator with dual fans rated for 1200 HP 11. Complete rebuilt Hemi 18 spline 4 speed with pistol grip, rods, Z bar, fork and an Ansen Scatter Shield 12. Custom fabricated frame connectors
13. Custom fabricated front and rear bumper. Narrowed flush to body and sucked in 14. Custom flush mount FUEL cap fabricated where original one was
15. Custom fabricated rear valance
16. Shaved marker lights 17. Shaved drip rails custom fabricated to hide window channel 18. AMD shaker hood and trim ring modified
19. Complete dynamat inside, roof, doors, floor, firewall and trunk 20. Rear wheel house has been mini tubed
21. Original trunk lid with factory provisions for Gull wing and aftermarket Gull Wing
22. Restored 71 Challenger Grill
23. More misc parts: All moldings, seat cores, 4 speed console and much more 24. Have late 60's high nickle 440 block available as well. Cleaned and magnaflux. No issues
25. New complete heater box and cables
Car was to be painted black
On May-19-19 at 11:28:59 PDT, seller added the following information:
For all interested in my 71 Challenger I will have more pictures of my car in final grey primer as it is today. I will also add a few of the underside, trunk, engine bay and detail pics of custom fab work done. Hope this helps with anyone that has interest and bidders. Appreciate everyone and their patience as I will be back in town to finish up adding pics.