1949 Dodge Deluxe 5 Window Pick Up RARE California Truck located in Michigan
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Other Pickups
- Type: Short Bed Pick Up
- Year: 1949
- Mileage: 62,000
- VIN: 9236381
- Color: Beige
- Engine size: 216 CU IN Straight 6 Cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1949 Dodge Other Pickups
1949 DODGE B1B-108 PILOT HOUSE SHORT BED PICKUP
5 WINDOW CAB, 100% STOCK,
Semi-Restored original with 62,000 original miles
CALIFORNIA TRUCK, VIN# = MADE IN LOS ANGELES, CA !
★3rd OWNER~ Well Cared For Rust Free Truck from the High Desert★
- 157.15 / 121.88
CLEAR TITLE as "1949 Dodge Pickup" with the original Dodge Brothers VIN on the registration
This is a LOW STARTING Bid. Buyer responsible for shipping from Traverse City, MI. Seller will deliver for free within 400 miles of Traverse City, MI or assist with seller to arrange reputable low cost shipping. Questions? Call: (215) 378-7303
100% STOCK withOriginalSerial Numbers - original engine, original VIN plate on driver doorA-pillar, etc.
This is the highly sought after SHORT BED PICKUP (6-1/2 ft. bed); the short 108" wheelbase makes this a very nimble truck to drive (vs. the more common 3/4 ton trucks). Dodge VIN =Los Angeles, CaliforniaDodge factory.
Decals on the truck are removable. We added them to promote our brewery located in Traverse City Michigan and gain visibility for our business which it certainly has! This is a great way to promote your business while having fun with the Classic Vehicle hobby, taking it to local car shows and events. It is ALWAYS a CONVERSATION STARTER, people LOVE this truck! We are selling it simply to invest more $$ into our business or we wouldn't be selling it!
This is the really hard to findNO RUSTLos Angeles, CA made, 100% stock, unmolested, 69-year-old DodgeB-Series, 5-Window pickup that is almost driven daily by the 3rdowner. I bought it for marketing purposes at our brewery in Traverse City, Michigan where we moved it from California to “summer” in Michigan. It has low 62,000 original miles and has lived its entire life in the desert (on a farm west of Mojave, CA& in Valencia, CA).The prices of these RUNNINGvintagepickups are boomingoftendoubling from what they sold for just five years ago!
· Newer Authentic Style $$$ Wiring Harness(bumper to bumper)byRhode Island Wiring ServiceInc. made fromfactoryschematic.
· Turn signalswere added for safety
· Seat beltsadded for safety
· Side view mirrorsadded for safety
· Passenger Door Locks with KEY as it should.
· Driver Door locks with interior handle as it should.
· Door Interior Remotes & Exterior Handles work perfectly.
· 100% Stock,218 ci, Straight 6 flat head engine.
· 95 HP at 3600 rpm & 175 ft-lb of torque at 1600 rpm.
· Only Lucas zinc hot rod oil used (to avoid flattened cam lobes)
· Nice 60 to 75 Lbs oil pressure is normal (depends on rpm)
· 3-Speed Manual transmission shifts effortlessly.
· New brakes, new wheel cylinders, new master cylinder &
new brake lines (easy to stop). E-Brake works as it should.
· Routine maintenance this past year includes: lube, oil change,
· NOS Amp Gauge, kill switch, new battery cables, new 6v coil,
new 7mm plug wires, newVR25 Voltage Regulator, new Gates
23936 Fuel Neck Hose, rebuilt 15 gal gas tank, new radiator
· hoses, new Gates fan belt, new 1.625in freeze plugs, 2 NOS
canvas hoodstraps, new M16186 fuel pump, NOS door lock,
· new GL-5 gear oil in rear pumpkin & transmission .
· T-142 Straight 6 flat head engine.
· Every tank of fuel gets premium 92 octane + Lucas Oil 10929
· Safeguard Ethanol Fuel Conditioner + Lucas Oil 10020 Fuel
· Additive & Upper Cylinder Lubricant
· The original owner restored this truck about 12 years ago
· All wiring is modern wire with a cloth outer shield(for the correct
· OEM vintage look)& factory style end terminals; it is the proper heavy
gaugewire for 6 Volt amp loads.
· Every wire end is tagged and numberedfor easy maintenance.
· Window crank mechanisms work perfectly; rolls up / down.
· L&R vent / wind wing widows operate & latch just fine.
· New L&R door windowglass & ventglass.
· New window weather-stripon all windows and window rattlers have all been replaced.
· STRAIGHTBODYas shown in photos; no bondo anywhere!
· Doors are SOLID with NO rust & rock solid bottoms.
· Cab floor is rockSOLID - see close up photos
· Doors open & close effortless; are perfectly aligned to cab.
· 5-Window "Deluxe" Cab with corner quarter windows.
· Rear wall of cab is Sound Insulated and Lined (see photo).
· Bench seat has ORIGINAL mohair padding & slides easily.
· Brand new tires and spare with an original OEM rim30" Tall 30 x 9.50 / R15 Tires on Stock 1940's MoPar 15x5.5" Rims, 5 on 4-1/2" lugs
· (Rims were professionally trued before installation)
· Auction includes four 1948-50 correct hubcaps as shown.
4.10 rear end gear ratio / Hypoid rear axle.
· Brand new battery - nationally guaranteed until Sept. 2017.
· Tailgate operates smoothly, as it should; NOcreaks & NO squeaks.
· Truck bed is one solid sheet of 5/32" galvanized steel, see photo.
· Windshield wipers don't work (suggest converting to electric) and there is a working gas gauge which is not hooked up.
· Glove box has the original interior box still in great condition.
· Yes, the speedometer & odometer both work.
This is a 100% stock vintage Dodge vehicle that is 69 years old(think about it, HarryTruman was US President when this truck was made).Good luck bidding.