426 Hemi Dodge Challenger R/T, Shaker Hood, A32 Super Track Pack
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Challenger
- Type: Two door hardtop. R/T
- Trim: R/T
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 33,960
- VIN: JS23ROB311180
- Color: Dark Metallic Green EF8
- Engine size: 426ci 425HP
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Disc Brakes, Super Trac Pack, Shaker Hood
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black with Cloth Houndstooth insurts
- Options: AM radio w/8 track player,deluxe Interior, Factory side stripe Delete, Optional Painted Bumble Bee rear Stripe, Factory Shaker Hood
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
2016 Pinehurst Concourse d'Elegance Post war "American Performance" winner Brief History:
- We purchased the car from Robert Ross the original owner who was a soldier from Jacksonville Fl stationed at Fort Bragg NC. Robert bought the car new just before being sent to Vietnam on a one year tour. When Robert returned from Vietnam he drove the car for a couple years until the car had engine problems. He parked the car under a friends shed and returned to Florida . When we bought the car from Robert in 1979 the car showed 30,609 original miles on the odometer and a 1973 inspection ticker on the windshield. It had not been driven since 1974 and had been kept under the shed and out of the weather. The car sat for about 3 years until we could get the title and lien released and afford to get it running again. We have years of vehicle registrations,state inspections,pictures from the day we brought it home and pictures from years of owning the Hemi Challenger. Plus much more documentation that is included in the sale. Hopefully our Hemi Challenger will be bought by someone who will take care of our very rare one of a kind car for years to come.We have had the car for 39 years and drove the car every so often and logged another 3500 miles on the car. This Hemi Challenger R/T now has 33,960 ACTUAL original miles on the odometer!
A complete restoration/refresh was completed in 2012 by Chuck Smith Classic Cars retaining most of the cars original parts and NOS Mopar parts, after which the car was put on display for two years at Floyd Garrett’s Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, Tennessee. We have driven our Hemi Challenger R/T Approximately 15/20 miles since restoration was completed.
Our R-code Hemi Challenger R/T boasts a 426/425 HP Hemi engine with a correct date code unnumbered block. The original numbers matching Torqueflite automatic transmission,the original 4.10:1 Dana 60 rear end and the original Shaker hood are also intact. the A32 Super Performance Axle Package was the drivetrain option of choic, which includes the Hemi-specific seven-blade Torque Drive fan, dual-point ignition and 26-inch heavy-duty radiator with shroud, HD power front disc brakes and Sure Grip differential..Other optional features include a High trim grade H5X9 Black interior with high-back vinyl bucket seats featuring very rare White and Black cloth hounds tooth inserts, the original console with slap-stick shifter, AM radio with 8-Track tape player and adjustable rear speaker, three-spoke wood-rimmed steering wheel, Rallye instrumentation and in-dash clock, glasss,door panels,dash and steering wheel are all original to the car and are unrestored.Our car has been refreshed in its EF8 factory Dark Green Metallic paint with V9X factory optional painted Black transverse bumble bee strip, and incorporates dual chromed remote outside mirrors and 15-inch Rallye wheels with correct Goodyear Polyglas GT tires. It is listed in the Chrysler Registry as the only 1970 Hemi R/T Challenger equipped with its particular set of colors and options. Our Hemi comes with great documentation including three different original broadcast sheets, both original unrestored fender tags/door vin tag, previous registrations and state inspections,copy of the original owners lien release, mileage documentation,complete Chrysler Registry(Galen Govier) report, a 1970 Hamtramck Historical Registry letter. Also a Chrysler Corporation Production Option Code Book decoding our Hemi Challengers fender tags and build sheets.Also includes a rare original 1970 Chrysler/Dodge/Challenger dealer parts dept complete replacement parts catalog. An original Dodge Dealership Advertisement Record (with the original cover) that was played on Radio stations and in dealer showrooms "Introducing" the NEW 1970 Dodge Challenger. Photos of the car that span over our 39 years of ownership history.
The Hemi Challenger R/T is at least 90% original including all the sheet metal. Never wrecked or damaged.The Chassis underneath looks just as nice and has all the correct date coded NOS mufflers and exaust system.
This Hemi Challenger is NOT a resurrected "brought back from the dead"junkyard rust bucket, or a so called "Barnfind". A true two owners since new car
The Hemi Challenger R/T starts, runs, and drives like new. The buyer is welcome AND encouraged to come and inspect the car before shipment is arranged.
Two-owner since sold new Hemi Challenger R/TOwned by current owner since 1979
Documented with three different original broadcast sheets.One from the back seat, one from under front seat and one taped to the back of glove box that was not discovered until the restoration. Copy of the original owners 1973 lien release
Current owners original title
One of one as optioned documented by Chrysler Registry (Galen Govier)
33,960 actual miles
Both Original paint, unrestored fender tags
Original door vin tag Original tinted glass
Original sheet metal Original shaker hood Original automatic transmission
Original 4.10 Dana 60 rear end
Date code correct unstamped 426 cu in/425 hp Hemi engine A32 Super Performance Axle Package
Power disc brakes
One of only 11 Hemi Challengers built in 1970 with the shaker hood
Refreshed in its factory EF8 Dark Green Metallic with V9X painted Black Transverse Bumble Bee stripe
Rare H5X9 High trim grade interior factory package
Optional factory Black bucket seats with hounds tooth cloth inserts
Original AM radio with 8-Track
15 inch Rallye wheels with correct Goodyear Polyglas GT tires
Correct factory collapsible spare.