1970 DODGE CHALLENGER FACTORY BIG BLOCK PROMO CAR-HIGH OPTIONED W/440 4SPEED!!!!
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Challenger
- SubModel: M Promotional
- Type: Hardtop
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 100,000
- VIN: JH23L0B100423
- Color: Burnt Orange
- Engine size: 440
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Burnt Orange
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Dodge Challenger
You are bidding on a 1970 Dodge Challenger factory 383 Slap Stick automatic big block that now has a 440 and an A833 4 Speed. This 1970 Dodge Challenger has an extremely low VIN Build Sequence number, 100432! This is one of the lowest build numbers I have ever seen on a 1970 Challenger.
This car also has a M in the beginning of its sequence number, the owner feels strongly that this is a factory code designating this as a Promotional ordered/built vehicle.
This could mean the car was built as a factory show vehicle to be at auto shows, an advertising vehicle in commercials and or brochures, a chrysler executive/prop vehicle internally among other things. This M does mean it is special, you will find very few other cars built with this M Designation in the sequence number.
Aside from the low production number and Promo Code this Challenger is LOADED down with Factory Options! The Fender Tag is completely full!
Here is a breakdown of the fender tag
1970 Dodge Challenger Fender Tag Decoding
Y05 26 EN1
N85 M88 P31 R35 V7W
C55 C62 G33 H51 L31 M21
V1W A01 A62 B51 C15 C16
FK5 HRK4 000 802 M00242
E61 D32 JH23 L0B 100423
Note: The fender tag is read from left to right, and from bottom to top.
E61 = 383 8 cylinder 1- 2bbl, 290 hp.
D32 = A727 3-speed automatic transmission
J = car line = Challenger
H = Price class = High
23 = body type = 2-door hardtop
L = Engine = 383 8 cylinder 1-2bbl.
0 = Model year = 1970
B = Assembly plant = Hamtramck, Michigan
100423 = Serial number
FK5 = Paint, Dark Burnt Orange Metallic
HRK4 = H = trim grade, high; R = Bucket seat leather and vinyl; K4 = Burnt Orange
000 = Upper door frame paint
802 = Scheduled production date = Saturday, August 2, 1969
M00242 = (Possible Promo Code M) Gate, base and line sequence number
V1W = Vinyl roof-full-white
A01 = Light package â€“glove box lock, map/courtesy lamp, reading and dome lamp, glove box lamp, ash receiver lamp, cargo compartment lamp, trunk compartment lamp, turn signal lights (not available on â€™70-â€™71 Challenger with sport hood), ignition switch lamp with timer, headlamp-on buzzer, headlamp switch lamp with timer.
A62 = Rallye instrument cluster: Trip odometer, 150 mph speedometer, instrument panel woodgrain, tachometer, clock, fuel, oil and temperature gauges, ammeter, 3-speed/variable wipers,
B51 = Power brakes
C15 = Deluxe seat belts/federal restraint system: Instrument panel â€œfasten seat beltsâ€ light with time delay, high-style push-button buckles-color keyed, loop guides on belt ends and buckle stowage brackets.
C16 = Console with woodgrain panel
C55 = Bucket seats
C62 = Bucket seat-left 6-way adjustable
G33 = Left-hand outside rear view mirror â€“ remote/chrome/racing
H51 = Air conditioning with front heater
L31 = Turn signal light â€“ hood/fender
M21 = Drip rail molding
N85 = Tachometer
M88 = Deck molding treatment
P31 = Power windows
R35 = Radio-AM/FM-MX-Stereo
V7W = Accent stripes-Longitudinal paint (white)
Y05 = Build to specifications for U.S.A.
26 = 26 inch radiator width
EN1= End of Sales Codes
This Challenger is an extremely low production number, being 100423 it is a very early release car and adds to the as listed above a factory 383 Big Block with a 727 Slap Stick automatic transmission but at some point was converted to a 440 4 Speed!
The numbers matching motor and transmission are long gone and the drivetrain in the car is completely untested and unknown. The 440 is not a HP block but does have a correct set of HP Manifolds and is hooked up to a A833 4 Speed and exits via the driveshaft to a 8 3/4 rear differential and optional 11"rear drum brakes!
This is an original FK5 Burnt Orange car with Burnt Orange interior and White Vinyl Top. It has all of the interior panels and the factory Power Window switches and mechanisms are all still in the car and complete and the wiring harness to the windows seems to be in good condition.
The Original 3 speaker Dash Board still houses the original Rally Gauge Cluster with 8k RPM Tach, Air conditioning controller. The correct rally switch panel includes a factory rear window defogger switch. The Rim Blow Steering Wheel is still present as is the factory cruise control multifunction turn signal stalk on the original floor shift steering column. (Missing Cruise control servo under hood)
This was a factory leather (SE Option but not ordered as an SE!) bucket seat and console car that looks like someone got really close to finishing up converting into a 4 speed car but stalled and never got a â€œfloor humpâ€ so the shifter and rods are visible along with the side and top of the A833 4 speed transmission.
To add even more to the lengthy list of options, this car looks to have been equipped with a factory rear window Louver set and a Go Wing mounted to the deck lid! (Both of which are long gone)
This would be a very light restoration project (Compared to the other e body projects for sale right now for this money!) and even though it isnâ€™t a R/T car it is a very deserving vehicle because of its amazing options.
Either way the car is finished up there is no going wrong with a car like this. Itâ€™s a E Body, itâ€™s complete, it already has a 440 and a 4 speed in the car that could be removed and sold to finance the 383 and 727 that would be correct for the car or rebuild the 440 and 4 speed toss a 6 Pak on it and have one hell of a fun Six Pak Recreation that will be stunning with all of these options and finished in Burnt Orange And White??? Beautiful!!!
Go factory Original with the 383 2bbl and have a very unique vehicle in todayâ€™s sea of recreation cars out there and highlight the fact that this is an extremely high optioned big block luxury equipped E-Body.This is a killer optioned 70 Challenger that will knock peoples socks off when they see it!
Again the car has a 8 3/4 rear differential, front disk brakes and solid front and rear cross members and frame rails. This car has all of its tinted glass, the front windshield will need to be replaced. There is little to no rust in the inner fenders, around the hood hinges and radiator core support.
Donâ€™t let this great barn find Challenger get away, there are many in much worse condition that are being sold for a lot more than this one is going to cost you. This car restored is will be stunning no Matter how you build it!
Mopar to Ya!
The shipping price is within the contiguous United States of America.Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Ask prior to bidding.
I will ship over seas but the price will differ from the listing price. No exception, send your postal code and I will send you a shipping quote.
And now 10 rules you MUST READ!
1. Your bid is a contract! If you are the successful bidder, you are expected to pay! Please have all contingencies handled and your money in place BEFORE you bid! No retractions will be allowed, so be sure BEFORE you bid! Please read and understand this: ASK QUESTIONS AND GET ANSWERS BEFORE YOU BID.
2. A $500.00 NON -NEGOTIABLENON - REFUNDABLE partial payment/deposit is due within 24 hours of end of auction. This can be by bank wire transfer or Pay Pal.
Balance is due within 7 days of auction's conclusion. This can be by bank wire transfer as well, and is probably the safest method.
3. Please note that the car is currently at my residence inChampaign Illinois.
4. Vehicle and papers will not leave here until paid in full with cleared funds. If you are paying with ANY kind of check, it must clear MY bank before car or ownership will be released. No exceptions! Please note that with all the fraudulent money orders out there, most banks treat them like personal checks and place a 5 to 7 business day hold on them. Wire transfer is the best method. If you are paying balance on pickup, it must be cash in person. No exceptions.
5. Vehicle is sold strictly as-is at my premisies with no guarantee or warranty of any kind.
6. Transportation is the buyer's responsibility. I will try to reasonably help and accommodate you any way I can, but it still YOUR responsibility.
7. If you cannot pick up immediately, that is fine, it can be left here for a reasonable period. However, it still must be paid for within the 7 days, and you should secure insurance as I cannot be responsible for loss or damage due to circumstances beyond my control or act of God.
8. Please ask and get satisfactory answers to all questions BEFORE YOU BID! Since sold strictly as/is, no warranty or returns, once you bid, you have made a binding contract.
9. Car is locally for sale. If I find a buyer through that venue, I reserve the right to end auction early. Please call or text me at 5 two 0-Seven 3 zero-8 six 9 ninewith any further questions and leave a messages if i so not answer.
10. If you have been an Ebay member for less than a year and/or have less than 10 feedbacks, and/or have less than a 95% rating, you MUST contact me BEFORE you bid. Failure to do this may result in my cancelling your bid and blocking you from bidding on my items current and future. I understand that new members can be great customers, but I must talk to you first. Thanks a lot.
I am sorry for all the rules, but it seems that 5% of difficult people spoil it for the 95% who are good. Thanks very much for looking! Again, please feel free to call or text 5 two 0-seven 3 zero-8 six 9 ninewith any questions and leave a message if there is no answer.
Thanks for looking!Andthank to whomever wrote these amazing rules...Perfectly done.