1935 DODGE KCL PICKUP TRUCK - GREAT DRIVER OR RESTORE
Price: US $9,999.00 Item location: Mars, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Other Pickups
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1935
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 8,064,940
- Color: Red
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1935 Dodge Other PickupsAs you can see, I collect Dodge pickup trucks. I was just completing a full frame-off restoration of a 1937 MC and had been looking for a 1933-35 to restore. These trucks seem to be impossible to find in decent condition, and even the junk is expensive.
So I purchased a 1935 KCL (this is the 119" wheelbase model) that was a solid candidate for restoration. Before I even got it home, I found a 1933 model that was a full original, survivor, and grabbed it up. This one will be cleaned up, but left in original condition.
So, I need to sell the 1935 as I don't have enough room for all three. The 1935 KCL is a great project for a driver or to restore. The sheet metal is in very good condition. I installed new front wheel cylinders and hoses, and it now has a very hard brake pedal. It drives and stops as a 1935 truck should.
The engine was changed out to a 1946 Plymouth engine (P15) that starts and runs fine. The electrical was converted to a 12V generator and a few other modifications were made to the ignition. A new 12V battery was installed. The dust cover needs to be reinstalled on the bell housing.
For those of you who are interested in a full stock restoration, here is what you should know:
1. Fuel tank was replaced with a SS tank that you can see in bed. The original style tank is available from SPRM Street Rods for about $250.
2. Wheels - the wheels on this truck are for an early post-war Dodge and should be marketable. I have a source for wheel and hubcaps.
3. Bed floor - they covered the bed floor with a sheet of metal as it had some holes. I had a floor made for my 1937 and if you have a local fab shop, this isn't too difficult. SPRM also sells a complete bed and parts. Or, you could repair what's here.
4. Front bumper - after doing a good deal of research, I discovered that the front bumper is similar (not the same) as that used on a 1935-36 car. These are available, and brackets are not too difficult to make.
5. Headlights - I have a set of the original headlights, along with some other parts that I have purchased for this truck. They are available for sale separately, so please ask.
This truck is for sale locally, so it may be taken down. If you have any interest in this or have questions, feel free to call me at 412-956-2852.