Rare WC9 WWII Ambulance, Like WC54 but 1/2 ton with only 2,288 units produced.
Price: US $7,500.00 Item location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Power Wagon
- Trim: Ambulance
- Year: 1941
- Mileage: 7,389
- VIN: 8674958
- Engine size: 225 Slant 6
- Drive type: 4x4 Want to buy? Contact seller!
1941 Dodge Power Wagon
- Rare 1941 Dodge WC9 World War II Military Ambulance. Similar to the WC54 but these were 1/2 ton models produced for only 1 year in 1941 with only 2,288 units. They produced over 22,000 WC54's between 1942-1945. This is the original WC. WC was a Dodge model code: W for 1941 and C for half-ton rating. The C code was retained for the ¾ ton and 1½ ton 6×6 Dodges. Very solid condition with almost no rust. 225 slant 6 engine turns freely but is not currently running. 12 volt system. Has a Dodge power seat installed and also includes the original drivers seat.
- This is one of 2,288 ½-ton ambulances built in 1941 for the Army by Dodge. Designated WC9, hey were only produced for one year. It’s stated purpose was "to transport sick and wounded personnel". It had racks and straps to carry four stretchers, nd two fold-down bench seats for patients able to sit. There were medical equipment storage boxes on the floor along each wall. The rear of the ambulance was equipped with dome lights and an electric ventilation fan. The searchlight was used to look for wounded on the battlefield. There was a blackout headlamp on the left front of the brush guard. It throws a dim beam visible to 75 feet in front of the vehicle. The ½-ton series of trucks were used mostly in the Zone of the Interior, ncluding the Territory of Alaska.
- Has been parked here in North Idaho for the last 20 years. It was recently inspected by the State Police and a title search was done through the DMV and no records were found. We believe this vehicle has never been titled as a civilian vehicle since serving in the military. Bill of sale only will be provided but military vehicles are generally easy to title.
- Call 2O8-7O4-5125 or email with any and all questions. Bid to win, lease do not bid unless you intend to follow purchase. Located in Coeur d'Alene, daho, ust west of Spokane, ashington on Interstate 90. Buyer responsible for arranging transport but we will assist in any way we can. Check the eBay links above for shipping quotes or check online for shippers. Prices are lower now due to low gas prices. $500 non-refundable Paypal deposit due immediately with Buy It Now, alance due in 7 days. Thanks and good luck bidding.