1969 Dodge D100: Great Truck, But I'm Outta Time
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Other Pickups
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: d100
- Year: 1969
- VIN: 1187098637
- Color: Med Green
- Engine size: 318
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: Auto (a727)
- Interior color: Med Green/ White Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Dodge Other Pickups
1969 Dodge D-100 (Sweptline) Pickup Truck worthy of Mr. GreenJean's Farm!
Quick Summary: It's a Beautiful Truck in Great Condition. One could almost say, t’s Almost New. Additionally, nbsp;I would Drive it anywhere. Everytime I take the truck out, get compliments & thumbs-ups.
- Almost Is Everything Restored Super-Clean & most everything 'gone-through'. This truck has been 're-booted', o to speak. Remaining Items are minor (i.e. -minor cosmetics/trim, weaks & turn signal switch, ackup lights). This is due to me having to start a new job assignment & just running out of time This 46 yr old truck seems newer than many 4.6yr old trucks
- NEW, BEAUTIFUL PAINT Job completed on May 1 of this year
- Excellent Body – Some small areas of Filler) to smooth out dings & a door dent. Some areas can be seen up close (& in intense light). Otherwise, he overall Presentation always gets lots of compliments
- Glass is in good shape
- Engine Compartment Cleaned Up & Refinished to coordinate w/ new overall paint finish
- Bed is in great shape
- No ‘Cancer’
- Rust is limited to surface (mainly in the Bed & is quite superficial)
- Had (but no longer Has) rust spots on floor pans – As these did not need full pans, hese have been cut out, reated & Patched with new metal
- 318-V8 w/ 4Barrell Carb upgrade Starts, Runs, dles, rives Great & Has Excellent Power
- Mechanical Upgrades: I believe the previous owner installed a Mild-Moderate Cam as it pulls stronger than stock, et idles smoothly. Excellent Oil Pressure (avgs+/-50). Doesn’t have a problem w/ burning oil at all. Has a small oil leak, o more than a few drops (no measurable loss, ut it’s there, onetheless). I believe the Heads are from a later model ‘LA’ engine, s the motor runs great on 87 Octane gas.
- Electrical Upgrades include:
- Charging System: Updated Higher Amp Alternator w/ Electronic Voltage Regulator w/ higher gauge wiring
- No Bulkhead Connector issues: Wiring has been checked, amp; re-crimped/soldered where needed.
- Ignition System: Mopar Performance Electronic Ignition & Distributor upgrade
- Upgraded LED bulbs have been installed in Dash Lights & Tail Lighting
- Exhaust System: Flowmasters provide a nice rumble
- Transmission (A727) shifts & drives very well
- Rear End
- Heavier Duty Springs & Differential (believe it came off of a 1980s-90s B250 Van). As such, his D100 might rate as a D200 as far as towing & loading goes (but I haven't done any towing nor much loading)
- U-Joint replaced
- Interior is Fair-Good
- I would like to have the time to get new seat upholstery, onetheless I have Seat Covers to install which are new & presentable in the meantime
- Interior Surfaces, anels & Dash have been refinished & looks very nice
- Nice, STRAIGHT Manual Steering which is VERY EASY to turn & does not wander
- New HD Tie Rods (2014)
- Springs are good & firm - No Sagging
- Shocks are in good shape
- Brakes & Hubs
- Almost 100% New
- The only parts that are not new are some rear brake hardware, acking plates, -Brake.
- New M. Cylinder, tl & Rubber Lines, etering Block/Adjustable Prop Valve, ront Hubs, ug Bolts, earings, otors, ounting Plate, Hardware, alipers, ads, ear Shoes
- I think the Rear Drums are new…honestly can’t remember, ut they look new
- Front Disc Brake Upgrade (by Scarebird) this year, ess than 300 miles of use
- Because of this plus the Steering & Hubs make this an extremely (& surprisingly) easy to drive, mooth & predictable Truck.
- Tires & Wheels
- Almost 100% New Goodyear Wranglers (less than 200 miles on them…the ‘blue’ is still on the white lettering!)
- Good Condition Aluminum ‘Ultra’ Wheels
I don’t want to sell this cool truck, nbsp;but I don’t get to drive it or see it much due to an overseas job. Because of this, t is up for sale. I would like to finish off the remaining minor cosmetics & restoration work, ut I am just out of time. As such, his truck needs a new home.
Other Known Issues (to the best of my knowledge)
- Gas Gauge (or maybe the Sending Unit) doesn't work
- Oil & Ammeter gauges are disconnected
- Turn Signal Switch needs replacing
- Needs the Neutral Switch checked
- Backup Lights are disconnected
- Rear Bumper is OK, ut needs some straightening by a metal shop
- One piece of alum. trim was mangled up due to a meeting with a bollard
- Badges are original & could use a refurb
- Dash Pad has 2-3 small cracks, o foam showing & in spite of this, t looks very nice
- Previous owner made a sloppy cut into the Dash for a radio. this is not an issue with the radio (or a delete panel) installed, hough.
- I scratched a spot (3/4" or so) near the passenger side windshield wiper. It's not big, ut I cussed myself for it
Overall, would rate this truck at about an 85 out of 100. Not a Car Show winner, ut pretty close. As with most older cars in my State (GA), his car actually will be sold with a valid Bill of Sale AND a Georgia Law Enforcement Form T-22B ( In summary, his certifies that a Law Enforcemt Officer has Checked with the Georgia Crime Info Ctr & National Crime Info Ctr to certify that the vehicle is not stolen & is legally registered). With these documents, valid Title can be obtained from most States in the USA.
The Fine Print:
As-Is, here-Is Sale. While I have made a good faith listing of the vehicle’s condition & issues that I can identify, here may be others which I have not found. Descriptions are based on my opinion of the vehicle. As such, o Warranty of any kind is made (Fer Gawd's sake, t's a 46yr old vehicle!). Personal Inspections are welcomed & encouraged - at Buyer’s expense. Buyer Pays Any Fees associated with Transaction. Transactions are to be conducted Face-to-Face. Cash be 'In-Hand' before Car & Title are exchanged. All other Non-Cash must Clear Immediately & be verified by proper authority (i.e.-my bank). Once Transaction is committed: a) a $750 NON-Refundable deposit required, ) Full Transaction must be completed within 10 days of accepted bid, f not, eposit is forfeited & vehicle is put back on the market. This vehicle is also marketed locally. This listing can be discontinued at any time, or any reason. With all that said, et’s do a Good Faith transaction & we can work through all the details as they arise.
More description & photos to follow as soon as I can get more time to post it.
If interested, lease email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “69 D100' in the title)Best Regards.