1957 Dodge D100 Sweptside
Price: - Item location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Other Pickups
- Year: 1957
- Mileage: 5,500
- VIN: no vin
- Engine size: 315 Poly
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1957 Dodge Other PickupsWe will deliver in the Nashville are for Free but will deliver for a fee outside of Nashville TN.
- Less than 200 produced in 1957
- Comprehensive body-off restoration
- 315 CI V-8 Polly engine
- Featured on the front cover of the November 2011 issue of WPC news magazine
- One of the rarest vehicles of the 1950s, only 1,260 of these stylish trucks were built from 1957-59; this one boasts a 315/204 HP V-8 engine and3 speed on the column manualtransmission, . Largely a luxury pickup for its day, few were sold and only a handful survive today, a rarity double whammy that makes them hugely desirable to collectors.Tthe Sweptside was an attempt to spruce up Dodge’s Truck design and attract customers away from Ford and extremely popular Chevrolet, something Dodge had been working hard to accomplish for a number of years. The companypulled out many stops, offering high-powered V-8 engines, unique styling even outside the Sweptside line, refined interiors and a host of design and engineering opportunities putting Dodge above the competition. To a small degree, Sweptside worked, showing customers that Dodge was indeed offering the Forward Look in all its vehicles, but really it created a unique moment in Mopar history and something for collectors to look forward to. The Sweptside ceased production in 1959 with only 1,260 examples built, 1957 being the lowest production year. There’s something to be said for having one of the rarest vehicles from the 1950s.