1965 Dodge Dart GT, restored in very good+ condition
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Dart
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 1,000
- VIN: L455132930
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 273-2V
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Dodge Dart GT
1965 Dodge Dart GT - Collectible driver
Looking for some nostalgia in a vehicle that looks great, turns heads, and will put you back in the day? This will fit the bill perfectly, showing just a hint of fin.
You're looking at a restored 1965 Dodge Dart GT 273 - 2V. This was a top of the line Dart (except for the limited edition Dart Charger).
This is restored to stock standard, and to a very good condition. There are three way to go with this car. You can take care of a couple of little left-over items, and have a near-perfect like-new 1965 Dart. Or, you could take this car and upgrade it as a resto-mod, upgrading brakes, motor, whatever suits your fancy. Or, take it home and drive it around the way it is to see, share, be seen, and enjoy.
About the car:
- GT 273 - 2V. This is an 8-cylinder small-block motor. It's got plenty of power (official numbers: 180hp; 260 lb-ft torque).
- Bucket seats
- Automatic transmission - 1st year of the floor shift and only year of the mini console
- Manual steering and brakes
- Stock suspension including the 4 on 5 directional wheel studs
- Matching numbers
- Two-owner car with original black California plates
- Rust-free California car
- Glass, chrome in excellent condition
Full stock restoration - less than 1,000 miles since! It's stock with a couple of little extras:
- Engine and transmission-out and rebuilt
- Freshly painted with polyurethane
- Vinyl roof in excellent condition
- Garaged since restoration
- One tiny door ding - barely visible
Extra goodies: Moon wheels and tires, radio/cd player, tachometer.
The story.... The car was purchased from the original owners son who had the restoration done. Retains the owners work parking stickers and the son's high school sticker. The only items not restored are the steering wheel and upholstery. If you want to replace the upholstery, new seat foam is included (upholstery would cost about $400). Also, the under carriage is not detailed. This is a no-rust and no-dent California car. Garaged since the restoration and maybe driven 1,000 miles. The odometer reads 50,000 miles, but this is a replacement; estimated lifetime mileage on the car is over 100K miles. Starts and runs with no issues. Stops people in their tracks every time its driven. It is insured with Grundy collector car insurance. Clear title. Registration is out of date.
I'm selling this on behalf of my brother-in-law who is dealing with some unfortunate personal issues. Reasonable offers considered, but we're not in a rush, and want the right buyer. He loves this car and wants to find it a good home. Car is located in Mountain View, CA and available for inspection or test drive.