1949 Dodge Power Wagon Woody
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Power Wagon
- SubModel: Woody
- Trim: Red
- Year: 1949
- Mileage: 13,600
- VIN: 83918398
- Engine size: 130 HP, 236 CI inline 6-cylinder engine
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Drive type: 4-speed transmission with dual-range 4-wheel drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1949 Dodge Power Wagon WoodyView Moreimages and video atwww.1949dodgepowerwagonwoody.comTHE ULTIMATE DODGE POWER WAGONHIGHLIGHTS
- Best of Show quality, not your ordinary restored “Flat Fender” Farm, “Stump Puller" or Military Restoration.
- Professionally painted, color sanded and buffed to the highest degree of excellence. Flawless attention to detail in regards to sheet metal, paint, engine compartment, wood construction, chassis and varnished to the highest standards obtainable: Proven by the multiple awards received listed below.
- There are only two examples of Dodge Power Woodies that exist and only one used as a Fire Truck. The other was sent to a professional woody maker which used a Power Wagon pick up truck; the cab was cut and sides were removed and then a woody body was retrofitted, just as this Fire Truck was assembled. Both makers followed the same guidelines for the fabrication of the wood body. However, this Power Wagon Woody Fire Truck was taken the highest level of restoration and remains in the same condition today.
- This Dodge Power Wagon Woody Fire Truck had the luxury of being meticulously cared for by a Fire Department that took pride in keeping the vehicle in "Emergency Ready” running condition and “Show Ready” for public display and yearly hometown parades. Truly a fine example of the ever diminishing and sought after piece of Americana History.
- 13,600 documented miles
- Original 236/130 HP engine
- Original 4-speed transmission
- Dual range 4-wheel drive
- Factory power brakes
- Original sheet metal
- Barton American front-mounted pump
- Interior axe storage and hose reels
- Photo album of restoration
- Purchased in 1949 by the Cooperstown Fire Department in rural upstate New York and used as a Battalion Chief’s vehicle, showing a remarkable 13,600 original miles.
- Winner of two Boyd Coddington awards at Del Mar Good Guys event
- Winner of Best Specialty Car at Newport Beach Concours D'Elegance
- First place winner at Newport Beach Golf Club Concours D'Elegance
- First place at the Grand National Roadster Show
- Wavecrest Woodys People's Choice Award
- Wavecrest Woodys Mayors Pick award
- Best in Class at the Corona Del Mar Concours D'Elegance
- Best of Show at Car Care show
- Best in Class at the Huntington Beach Concours D' Elegance
- Featured in videos and photos on many websites
- Featured in ………………. Magazines, featured in the $495.00 Coffee Table Collectable Book “Fetherston’s Treasure Box of Classic Woodys".
This stunning 1949 Dodge Power Wagon has garnered a long list of accolades that includes the Best of Specialty Car at Newport Beach Concours d’Elegance, First Place at the Grand National Roadster Show, two Boyd Coddington Awards at the Del Mar Good Guys event, First Place at the Newport Beach Golf Club Concours d’Elegeance, Wavecrest Woodys People’s Choice Award, Wavecrest Woodys Mayor’s Pick Award and many more.Historically, the Power Wagon earned a good reputation during World War II, but actually gained more respect here at home helping municipalities, companies and individuals accomplish difficult tasks in the field.Versatile, the Power Wagon was proven as a robust and durable truck that could be had in either Pick Up or Station Wagon (SUV) body styles.Dodge could pretty much tailor a Power Wagon exactly as the customer wanted it with upgraded electrical systems, heavy duty winches, multiple spotlights, 4-wheel drive, heavy duty cooling systems, towing packages and so much more to create the perfect tool for getting whatever job might need doing, done.Further, customers found it easy to adapt their trucks with aftermarket parts.Through the years, the Power Wagon gained a reputation of being the epitome of extreme light duty trucks and was associated with people involved in heavy, hard manual labor.This 1949 Dodge Power Wagon was ordered new by a fire department in rural upstate New York and used as the Battalion Chief’s vehicle. The truck features superb wood, paint and interior work. Having traversed only 13,600 documented miles, it boasts its original 130 HP, 236 CI inline 6-cylinder engine and 4-speed transmission with dual-range 4-wheel drive and sheet metal.Up front is a Barton American front-mounted pump while the interior hosts storage for an axe and hose reels.VIN/SERIAL
INQUIREPlease send email to Randy Palmerrpalmer@krewtech.comfor all inquiries.
Custom Enclosed Trailer Available -Pictures Here
The trailer was built by Ultra Trailers in Anaheim, CA. It was custom built especially for the Power Wagon and includes the following:
1. 22’ enclosed trailer with custom height rear door.
2. Side "man door".
3. Electric brakes with new battery.
4. New white vinyl trim.
5. Polished aluminum stone guard.
6. Inside light and new air vent.
7. Tires have about 1000 miles on them, 200 before the Monterey trip.
8. New tie downs.
9. Weight distribution adjustable hitch with adjustable bars, trails very well.
10. Marker lights, brake lights and turn indicator lights all work.
11. Excellent condition with very few small scratches.
12. New spare tire.
13. Universal clip on extension mirrors.
14. It only has 1000 miles since new.
15. Clear title and new registration.