matching #'s 383, factory TX9 triple black, highly optioned SE, drive & show
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Charger
- Trim: SE
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 98,000
- VIN: WP29L1A130882
- Engine size: 383
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 4bbl 727 automatic factory TX9 code triple black w/ bucket seats, center console, floor shifter, ralley gauge instrument cluster.
- The body is solid & straight as an arrow. It has never had replacement panels nor allot of patch work. The trunk pan did have some surface rust that was cleaned & sealed. The front & rear bumpers have been re-chromed & shine like mirrors.
- The enginehas about5000 miles on rebuild, using the original matching numbers block. It has a heavy duty aluminum radiator, abig lopey cam, Edelbrock Aluminum Performance Heads, Edelbrock aluminum intake & Edelbrock 4 barrel carburetor. Hooker super comp headders, 2.5" exhaust running through a pair of flow masters. The engine is strong & with a very aggressive sound & attitude. I have the original matching numbers heads in a box that will come w/ the car.
- The transmission is not matching numbers. Itis a 727 automatic that was just taken down & had all new seals & a new 2500 stall converter. It has less than a hundred miles on it since over haul.
- The interior is in very good condition with the exception of a few buttons missing from the seats& some minor scratches on the plastic sail panels.The headliner is excellent. I don't know for sure, but I assume the interior was redone some time ago b/c it's too nice to be original.
- Brakes, steering & suspension - The front end was overhauled a few years ago. The shocks are maybe 5 years old. It has air shocks in the rear. The brakes are manual, 4 wheel drum brakes. They'rein good shape & function as they were meant to, it takes some time to bring this heavy car to a stop. If I were going to use this as a daily driver, I would upgrade to a performance brake system.
- Summary - overall this is an impressive car that is an above average driver quality classic.It might win a small town car show trophy but is by no means a trailer queen. It's never had a full nut bolt restoration, but has a long history of constant service work. I have stacks of receipts to follow this car from myself & the 2previous owners.
Check out these videos for more details...
https://youtu.be/2g1mdbdN_kE surface rust inside trunk has been cleaned & sealed w/ por15, since this video was made. It looks much better now.
The car is located in Currituck County NC. Call me if you would like to schedule a time to see the car 252-619-8067
FINANCING AVAILABLE ?
I am willing to work with classic car lenders such as J.J. Best & Woodward bank, as well as lending from major US banks, however, the car & title stays in my possession until the check clears & I can turnthe check or wire transferinto physical cash that I can walk out of the bank with. The car will not be picked up until the funds become cash in my pockets, no exceptions. This usually takes 2 business days for a wire transfer & as much as 10 business days for a check. The car is kept safelyin a climate controlled show room with 24 hour security and video surveillance, so it's in safe keeping while we wait for the funds to clear.