1985 DODGE RAM B250 VAN 1 Owner Very Low Miles V8 AT AC Full Power IMMACULATE !
Price: US $4,700.00 Item location: Cape Coral, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Ram Van
- SubModel: B250 PROSPECTOR, "Classic" Conversion
- Type: Van Camper
- Trim: PROSPECTOR
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 76,821
- VIN: 2B6HB23W8FK205778
- Color: Metallic Brown/Mocha
- Engine size: 5.9 Liter 360 CI V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Mocha & Tan
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Dodge Ram Van B250 PROSPECTOR, "Classic" Conversion* 1985 DODGE RAM B250 PROSPECTOR * * CLASSIC "Diplomat" CONVERSION VAN * * 3/4 Ton, 15 Window * * ALL ORIGINAL, NEAR MINT!! * * Very RARE to Find in This Condition! *Before you and up for bid is my 1985 DODGE RAM B250, (3/4 ton) Conversion Van. The particulars of the RAM are as follows:
* One family owned. On 10/05/85, Harold & Joyce Watkins of Florence, Colorado arrived at The Bill Berry Motor Company in Canon City, Colorado, to take delivery of their new 1985 Dodge Ram B250 Conversion Van. A Colorado ranching family nearing retirement, they determined that they wanted to travel America, and visit our national parks. At the time of purchase, they were in their mid-60's. Joyce passed in 2011. Upon Harold turning 91, it was determined that he would no longer drive. Upon his passing in 2014, the van was bequeathed to his brother.
* DODGE RAM B250, 3/4 ton reinforced frame, suspension, etc., designed to support the additional weight of passengers & cargo beyond that of a 1/2 ton van.
* An almost entirely original B250, a survivor...not a restored van.
* EXTREMELY RARE "PROSPECTOR" edition.
* Conversion performed by CLASSIC CONVERSIONS.
* Garaged & pampered. When not traveling, the van was always stored indoors.
* Guaranteed to have ZERO RUST. NO Winter driving and therefore NO exposure to salt, mag chloride or any corrosive agents.
* NO ACCIDENT History! CARFAX certified (in hand) corroborates the ownership, miles and no accident history.
* ONLY 76,821 original miles, approximately 2500 per year. I just personally drove the van 1000K miles, it drove beautifully and without incident.
* Purchase price is 1985 exceeded $25K.
* Exclusively dealer maintained
* Save for a small barn door mishap to the driver door, the two tone metallic chocolate brown & mocha paint is 98% original. The paint shows beautifully with amazing luster and reflection! (see pics)
* Non-smoker owned, no pets or odors.
* 5.9 Liter (360 CI) V8. These engines are ultra reliable, deliver good power and decent fuel efficiency. They are among the most durable motors ever offered by Chrysler. The van starts right up first turn of the key and holds a steady idle. There are NO annoying drips or leaks anywhere.
* Legendary TorqueFlite 727 Automatic Transmission, amazingly smooth through all up shifts and into reverse.
* 4 BBL Carburetor
* Full power, windows, locks, cruise control, all operating properly.
* ICE COLD Front & Rear AC.
* Beautiful & immaculate interior ! I would rate it a 9.5 out of 10.
* 7 Adult Size seating capability
* 4 oversize and very comfortable fully reclining captain's chairs. Think La-Z-Boy recliners. The 2 front swivel to face the rear area.
* The rear bench seat configures to either seat 3 across quite comfortably, or two on each end extremely comfortably, with the center portion folding flat. (see pics)
* The rear bench folds flat to a full size bed, approximately 54" X 75".
* The thick pile carpeting is in beautiful condition throughout, showing virtually no wear, as shoes were not permitted.
* Beautiful upholstery throughout, as the seats were always covered.
* Perfect headliner(s), (see pic)
* Every convenience and safety feature is fully operational.
* Factory AM/FM/Cassette player w/ PANASONIC graphic equalizer, 8 speakers, while the system is period correct, it plays fine.
* COBRA 40-Channel CB Radio, 2-Way, emergency channel 9, fully operational
* Overhead soft tract lighting throughout the van in addition to individual reading lamps. The van can be fully illuminated.
* Pop out ventilation windows for the two side & two rear doors. 4 additional privacy curtains are provided for these 4 doors.
* 15 window van, the rear glass is darker privacy glass.
* 6 easy pull down window frame integrated shades, in excellent condition. These further to darken the cabin for privacy & sleeping. With the shades up, the oversize windows offer excellent outward vision.
* Both front windows roll up & down smoothly, the side vent windows open and close properly
* Left rear wood cabinet housing for the rear AC unit, the upper area of the cabinet has an integrated 30 qt. GOTT cooler.
* Right rear wood cabinet storage, the upper area is the provision for a small TV. (13"-15") the wiring is present, the TV is not. I will try to locate it. If unsuccessful, these are readily available and inexpensive.
* Wood pedestal table, removable for easier access.
* Perfect dash, NO cracks
* All weatherstripping and gaskets are soft & pliable.
* Center front wood console & wood console in the center of the fold down rear bench
* Excellent door panels throughout
* Aluminum rear ladder for roof access to luggage rack. I weigh 230 lbs., and it supports me.
* Aluminum roof luggage/cargo rack
* REESE hitch, while never used for towing, the brochure indicates that the RAM is capable of towing 5000-6500 lbs.
* Tow package, period correct electric brake controller & light connection, tested and fully operational.
* "VAN BOARD" aluminum step up running boards.
* Lower front wind deflector
* Hood stone/bug guard
* 4 Brand New MICHELIN LTX tires, zero miles. Lockable full size spare, never mounted.
* Beautiful Custom Chrome Wheels
* Very nice grill, no cracks or breaks
* Beautiful Chrome Bumpers, no pits or discoloration
* Original jack & tire tool
* 2 sets of original keys, custom windshield shade
* All original owners manuals, service records & supplemental operational pamphlets.
* All service is current and up to date. Recent service included: all fresh fluids, filters, belts, hoses, battery, full brake service, (rotors turned, new pads) new exhaust system including a new catalytic converter, new carburetor, chassis lube, 4 wheel alignment, and voltage regulator.
* The engine compartment is immaculate.
At 31 years of age, the B250 RAM PROSPECTOR looks, runs, and drive great! It is in remarkable condition, and a testament to the conscientious care that it has always received during its ownership.
You are bidding to purchase the B250 RAM, not to be the first to "look at it'. Thank you.
Please have your funding in place prior to placing your bid. Thank you.
Inspections are welcome and will be facilitated to the best of my ability prior to the auction concluding.
Transportation/shipping/delivery, are the sole responsibility of the buyer. I will gladly assist to coordinate with your chosen shipper.
I can recommend a reputable shipper for you, if needed.
The van and I are presently located in S.W. Florida. (Ft. Myers vicinity) If you choose to fly in and drive home, I will gladly pick you up from the S.W. Regional Airport in Ft. Myers.
* A $1000.00 initial payment is due & payable within 24 hours of auction close VIA PayPal. NO exceptions.
* The buyer is required to contact me by phone within 24 hours of auction close to discuss further arrangements.
The balance is to be paid within 7 days thereafter under condition and arrangement made between myself and the buyer.
The balance is to be paid via a legitimate bank to bank wire transfer, or cash in person, if you are to fly in and drive home.
I do NOT accept PayPal for the entire purchase amount, only the initial $1000.00 payment.
The RAM and title to the RAM, will not be released until payment in full has been received. Upon receipt of payment in full, I will overnight VIA FEDEX the title and bill of sale to the new owner. If you are to fly in and drive home, I will offer the option of hand delivering these to you upon your arrival.
* If you are "new" to eBay, have 0% feedback, less than 10 eBay transactions, or excessive negative feedback, you will need to call me prior to placing your bid and express your intentions. If you do not call prior, your bid will be cancelled and you will be blocked from further bidding. This is to preserve the integrity of the auction for legitimate buyers.
I have set a reasonable and fair reserve for the RAM. It is commensurate with the condition of the van, the ownership history, and the very low miles. DO NOT ask me what the reserve is, as I will not disclose it. Bid what you can afford and are willing to pay for the exemplary condition 1985 DODGE B250 RAM PROSPECTOR Classic Diplomat Conversion Van that you see before you. Thank you.
eBay only provides for 24 pictures. I have selected pictures that best present a concise overview of the van. If you would like any area specific photographs, simply request them.
If you would like to discuss a "buy it now", call me and present your offer. DO NOT call and ask me, "what's the lowest that you'll take"?
I answer my phone quicker than I respond to e-mail. Call me directly with any questions. If you reach voice mail, leave me a brief message and I will return your call promptly.
I am not a dealer. I am a collector hobbyist and a legitimate seller. I am seeking a legitimate buyer. Since 2007, I have sold more than 30 of my personal vehicles through eBay. Almost all have had their expectations exceeded. Ask any and all questions freely, do not assume anything not mentioned is included. I always strive to thoroughly, accurately, and honestly represent the condition of a vehicle.
Buyers from the U.S., Canada, the UK, Europe, Russia, Australia, and New Zealand are welcome and encouraged to bid with confidence.
This van is ideal for retirees, couples, or anyone wanting to travel America, just as it was intended when new. It would also be ideal for foreign visitors desiring to come to the states for this summer, and have an exceptional vehicle to travel in comfort. One could come for the summer, and then sell the van prior to returning home.
This RAM B250 PROSPECTOR conversion van is as nice of a classic van as you are likely to find. It is a classic van in beautiful condition throughout. Completely road worthy, it is ready to be driven anywhere & enjoyed, with full peace of mind.
I believe this B250 RAM Prospector to be in investment grade condition. The astute collector knows that the best investment in the collector vehicle market is an original vehicle, not a restored vehicle. One can paint a vehicle 20 times, however, it is only original once.
Thanks for looking and good luck when you bid!