RARE 1974 D200 CREW CAB, 440-V8, LONG BED, BED COVER, 727 AUTO TRANS, GREAT COND
Price: US $8,500.00 Item location: Huntington Beach, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Other Pickups
- SubModel: D200
- Type: Crew Cab Pickup
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 183,600
- VIN: F26BD4S000004
- Color: White & blue
- Engine size: 440 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Dodge Other Pickups D200VERY RARE 1974 Crew Cab, with Long Bed and the 440 V-8. This was the 1st year the 440 was offered, & I was told this was #4 of only 26 of these made. It is in great condition, but does have some spots where there's a little body rust coming thru from the backside. Everywhere else is great. Structurally it's solid & the drive-train is all in excellent condition (see below).
* 440CI V8 engine. Only 60k miles since rebuilt . Torque plate bored, heads milled, valves & seats upgraded for unleaded gas, installed Edelbrock cam, intake manifold & headers.
* New engine mounted fuel pump & new electric fuel pump at the tank-valve.
* MSD Multi-spark, high output, electronic ignition.
* Built-up 727 automatic trany. Only 3900 mi. since rebuild. Strengthened in all fwd. gears AND reverse.
* Heavy duty, towing torque converter.
* Transmission cooler.
* Rear axle, differential & drive shaft also rebuilt 3900 mi. ago.
* Painted-in bed liner.
* Fiberglass bed cover.
* New Tires.
* Twin 25gal. fuel tanks.
* Tinted windows.
* Replaced cab mounts with new silicone mounts (much quieter).
* Replaced window seals (around top & sides) & skirts (across bottoms).
* Replaced door seals on all doors.
* Stainless Steel rear dropped bumper
* All Stainless Steel trims, mirrors & hub caps. (Also have trims for tailgate & around front window.)
I bought this about 27 years ago & have loved it all these years. Sadly, I got a bigger boat to tow & really needed a diesel & 4WD, so I think it's time for this guy to retire. It's a solid truck in good condition, that just needs a little TLC to be top notch. There is NO structural rust & the paint is beautiful. Unfortunately, there are a few pesky spots that have collected water & rusted out from the back side (see the pics). The AC works, but slowly leaks refrigerant so I would usually charge it up around July & it would get me thru the summer. Heater works & I just changed the water valve, but the push/pull wire broke (from the stress of the prev. bad valve). Muffler has hole from backfire (after changing carb...), but it sounds so good I never fixed it. I'd love to see someone cherry out this unique truck into a show truck or...? It's an awesome ride, really smooth, (not an old rattle box) & is just a pleasure to drive!