1983 Dodge D150 440 cid
Price: US $2,500.00 Item location: Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Other Pickups
- Type: 2 DOOR SHORT BED
- Trim: RAM
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 158,876
- VIN: 1B7FD14H1DS401250
- Color: RED
- Engine size: 7.2(440 CID)
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: GAS
- Transmission: AUTOMATIC
- Drive type: 2 WD
- Interior color: RED
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 Dodge Other Pickups1983 DODGE D150 PICKUP440 BIG BLOCK
I am listing for sale my dodge truck. I purchased it as a project but I recently got another project that I would like to fix instead. I am just trying to recoup some of the money I have put in it.
I removed the factory slant six and put a big block in its place. It was a clean build and looks factory. All connections are factory.
- The engine is from a 1978 D450. Its a bog block 440.
- The transmission is a 727 from a 1966 Plymouth fury.
- I have installed a carter competition carb and mickey Thompson valve covers.
The engine runs good and shifts good. I left the factory single exhaust so it sounds just like a small block.
I will list the small problems I have seen.
- Has a transmission pan leak(common on older dodges)
- Needs dual exhaust to increase flow and performance
- Transmission is slow when first started(older dodge torque converters leak down when they sit) Every dodge I have owned did this.
I have driven the truck a little recently. It drives great and would be a great sleeper. You could also change heads and intake for more performance.
The truck has a new radiator and hoses along with a thermostat.
Needs interior work and a drivers mirror.
Sold as-is with no warranty. Please ask any questions before bidding500.00 deposit within 24 hrs.