Price: US $3,383.00 Item location: Huron, Ohio, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: DeSoto
- Model: Airflow
- SubModel: Weird!
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1934
- Mileage: 9,999,999
- VIN: 5070182
- Color: Red
- Engine size: Ford 300 Inline 6 (4.9L)
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1934 DeSoto Airflow Weird!1934 Desoto Airflow. Ford 300 4.9L six cylinder with Offy Intake, Edelbrock Carb and Header w/ dual exhaust, C6 Automatic, GMC Sonoma Rear. Mustang II Rack and Pinion front suspension with Power Steering and GM Disk Brakes. Electric fuel pump, electric wipers. GM Column with Tilt Wheel.
I purchased this vehicle a little over 3 years ago. It was originally built in Texas and then shipped to BC Canada. I purchased it from the gentleman in Canada. Believing in full disclosure, I purchased this car with the expectation it was a safe driving car and all the items listed worked. Upon receiving it, I found that there were a number of issues. Many of these (the expensive ones) I've corrected. In the past 2 years the car has received:
- A complete, brand new Heidt's Mustang II front suspension with Power Steering, Power Disk Brakesand Sway Bar. This was professionally installed by Nickel's Hot Rod's in Port Clinton, Ohio.
- C6 Tranny pan replaced and C6 rebuilt with all new gaskets, etc..
- New Rear End Bearings, seals and fluids.
- New HEI Distributor, wires and E3 plugs.
- New Rocket Racing Salt Flats wheels with BF Goodrich Silvertown Wide White radials.
- New Optima Yellow Top battery.
- New Oil Pump and Pan Gasket.
- Entire brake system was completely gone through to ensure smooth proper function of the power brakes, pedal, etc.... Brake lights now work as they should.
- All 4 seats have functioning 3 point seatbelts.
What is NOT good,
- Radio is an absolute POS and needs to be replaced, including the 4 speakers.
- Speedometer does not work.....cable is broken and was not hooked up when Vehicle was returned to the United States and an "MPH" Speedo needed to be reinstalled.
- Headliner Needs to be replaced.
- Interior is completely custom and needs some work. Drivers door armrest needs another bracket fabricated as it keeps coming loose.
- I would remove the 2" lowering blocks from the rear end to get the front and rear at the same height.
- Air Con compressor needs small bracket fabricated that allows more of a range of adjustment to tension belt properly.
- Front door windows on both sides have small cracks at the leading edge. (All Glass is replacement safety glass).
- Leather seats in front are electric....but not connected to a power source.