1981 DELOREAN DMC-12 PROFESSIONALLY RESTORED PERFECT CONDITION LOW MILES!
- Condition: Used
- Make: DeLorean
- Model: DMC-12
- Type: COUPE
- Trim: GRAY INTERIOR
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 24,908
- VIN: SCEDT26T7BD003159
- Color: STAINLESS STEEL
- Engine size: 2.85 PRV ENGINE
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 5 SPEED MANUAL
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: GRAY
- Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 DeLorean DMC-12 GRAY INTERIOR
FULL VIDEO WALK AROUND VIDEO AND TEST DRIVE VIDEO AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE. I CAN NOT UPLOAD THEM HERE. JUST GO ON YOUTUBE AND SEARCH "DELOREAN 3159".
THERE ARE TWO VIDEOS.
I ALSO HAVE 141 PHOTOS OF THE FRAME AND DETAILED SHOTS OF THE CAR LOCATED IN A GOOGLE PHOTO ALBUM. EBAY WILL NOT ALLOW ME INCLUDE THE LINK. PLEASE MESSAGE ME FOR IT.
You are bidding on a 1981 Delorean DMC-12. This car is VIN SCEDT26T7BD003159 and is an August 1981 build. It has 24,908 miles on it. It is equipped with a 5 speed transmission, gray interior and all of the standard and typical accessories Deloreans came with. (The only options available were Stick vs. Auto, and Black or Gray Interior).
This vehicle is a one owner car which has been meticulously maintained and cared for it's entire life. It has NEVER been stored outdoors, NEVER driven in any rain or inclement weather. The car actually even had the original Goodyear NCT tires on it when I acquired it. (I saved them and they are included with the car if you wish). The previous owner moved out of the country and this car did sit unused indoors for 10 years.
These cars have many quirks, and problem areas that are not obvious to the naked eye. I am experienced with Deloreans, and currently own a "time machine". I work for several Delorean customers in the region at my shop "Jon Miller Car Care Center" in Tuckerton, NJ. I work primarily under the guidance of Rob Grady of P.J. Grady in West Sayville, NY.
All of the work that was done to this car happened here at my shop, and then the car went to PJ Grady's for the final "going over" and procedures that he is an expert in. Between the two of us, we have spent a combined 120 hours of restoration and preservation work to insure that this car is AS GOOD as any Delorean can physically be.
This car has a 100% RUST FREE frame! 100% RUST FREE roof box, RUST FREE suspension and driveline, and is also 100% accident free.
While under my care the car received these services:
- Metal Frame completely cleaned, detailed, and waxed. (Original epoxy coating in flawless condition)
- Fiberglass Space Frame cleaned, detailed, and waxed.
- stainless steel panels are perfect, and no re-graining is or was required.
- Bumpers were also in excellent original condition and do not require any service.
---There is one blemish on the left front corner of the front fascia. it is touched up,
but could be done better. I could not justify any further repair considering that the
original paint is still in perfect condition otherwise on the bumper. This is the only
blemish on the entire car.
·New radiator and all hoses on the car. this includes all heater and bypass hoses.
·Plastic coolant bottle was replaced with a SS bottle, and a new radiator cap was also fitted.
·New Fuel Pump, Boot, Fuel Filter, Fuel Accumulator, and Remanufactured Fuel Distributor. Also the fuel hoses were all replaced from the pump to the accumulator. The Cold start thermotime switch was replaced, and the mechanical fuel injection was tuned. The distributor cap, wires, and spark plugs have been replaced as well.
·AC was retrofitted to R-134a, leak tested, and also the cycling switch was changed to a R-134a switch and the orifice tube was replaced. That allows the ac to run at the proper pressure for 134a and is just as cold as the original R-12 was.
·Tires were replaced with brand new Cooper Cobras in the back and Cooper CS3 in the front. (This is the closest available tires to make a "match set").
---Original tires were preserved and come with the car if you want them.
·Driver's side window regulator tube was cracked. There is a cheap fix for this, but it is temporary. I opted to COMPLETELY replace BOTH window motors, and regulators completely. These were very expensive, but it's the right way to fix the car.
·Both belts were original on the car. I replaced both and saved the old ones.
·The alternator was the original Ducellior unit. THEY ARE GARBAGE. I upgraded the car to the GM alternator which has become standard procedure for these cars. I saved the original which did still work.
·The shock absorbers were replaced with NOS Delorean originals that came with the car.
·The wiper blades were changed using the correct BOSCH blades. The originals were saved.
All four calipers were replaced with SS sleeved units.
Brake hoses were replaced.
Master Cylinder was replaced and all the lines were flushed with DOT 4 synthetic fluid.
Pads and Rotors were in good shape and I left them alone.
E-Brake was adjusted properly and evenly.
- CLUTCH Master cylinder and slave cylinder were both replaced with rebuilt units.
- The shifter linkage was adjusted to provide smooth shifts.
- The engine was seeping oil from the crank seal. It was replaced with an improved double wall seal, and also the oil pressure switch was replaced with a rebuilt unit because of a high failure rate.
- All fluids were changed including engine oil, trans fluid, clutch fluid, brake fluid, and coolant.
- ELECTRICAL Cooling fan relay update kit was installed, cooling fan sending sender was replaced, all bulbs were checked and serviced if required, horns were both adjusted for tone and relocated so water would not damage them.
- All of the bulkhead connections were removed, treated and cleaned and reinstalled.
- DOORS. The torsion bars were adjusted by PJ Grady, and all of the jams, latches, seals, and strikers were adjusted. The doors feel smooth as butter. The lock rods were insulated for noise, the inner dew wipes were replaced, the door frame edges were filed down, and new seals were installed on the doors and windshield frame. The light and buzzer switches were adjusted, and everything regarding the doors works perfectly! Naturally all of the gas pistons in the car were replaced.
- The front of the frame had a recall that was not performed back in the day. It was the addition of two support braces for the front leading edges of the frame. This was completed at PJ Grady. The fuel pump inertia switch was also relocated as per the recall.
The headliner was professionally replaced.
The heater core seal at the heater box was resealed.
I installed a "Mat-aligner" kit. This straightens all of the switches in the
console and prevents accidentally hitting them. nice subtle touch!
The shaft at the base of the steering column are common for rattles. I
replaced it with a new one. No more rattling!
- There were many other incidental upgrades and repairs that were made as well.
It is important to remember that this was all done to a car that appeared to be in perfect running order. Be careful what you buy. Deloreans look great, but unless it has been maintained by an experienced professional, you will spend thousands of dollars servicing components you didn't know it had! I restored this car to be a NO EXCUSES perfect running, driving, and cruising DMC. I didn't do it to make money. I did it because I love these cars.
If you want a perfect low mileage DMC that you can enjoy without doing any repairs, and want a perfect body, and perfect interior... This is your car.
If you have any questions, Please feel free to call me at 609-713-9609. I have taken about 100 photos of the car inside and out. They are available.
Buyer is responsible for shipping arraignments, and agrees to pay $199 doc transfer fee, and NJ residents must pay 6.875% sales tax. Payment is to be certified funds only and car or title will not be released until payment clears. I do have an enclosed trailer, and I can deliver the car within a 200 mile radius of Tuckerton NJ for an additional $4.00 per mile.On Jan-21-17 at 09:52:22 PST, seller added the following information:
Get your own valid XHTML YouTube embed codeOn Jan-21-17 at 09:54:38 PST, seller added the following information:
Get your own valid XHTML YouTube embed codeOn Jan-21-17 at 10:01:29 PST, seller added the following information:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPBvKHS8E0E9GzOcEFqJwKC7iUjBZug3mUUrRRSX9oFjTQ5iyPv2mFlgiRmCL7gZQ?key=UEhUUDRsbnp3V1VDalpMVkpSNy1EZDl5enRnWlpnOn Jan-21-17 at 10:06:23 PST, seller added the following information:
141 PHOTOS OF THE CAR, AND ITS RESTORATION ARE LOCATED AT THIS LINK. JUST COPY AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR BROWSER. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPBvKHS8E0E9GzOcEFqJwKC7iUjBZug3mUUrRRSX9oFjTQ5iyPv2mFlgiRmCL7gZQ?key=UEhUUDRsbnp3V1VDalpMVkpSNy1EZDl5enRnWlpnOn Jan-21-17 at 11:17:09 PST, seller added the following information:
INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS: Please message or call me, I was unable to revise to accept international bids.