|1981 DeLorean for sale #4038, automatic, only 14,329 original miles, excellent history.|
Cherished, garaged and meticulously maintained by same owner for 26 years.
Recent inspection report by DeLorean expert Dave Bauerle from Bauerle Automotive says:
"Overall this is a very nice DeLorean. With the exception of the power antenna and the power locks everything works well. The frame is rust free and the coating is good. Steering and suspension is all very good. The stainless is straight without blemishes and the graining is good. The interior is in good condition with no cracks. This DeLorean looks and drives very well. It obviously has been well taken care of."
- 14,329 original miles
- Accident free
- Original paint on painted areas (front and rear fascia, etc.)
- Original leather
- No cracks in dashboard, no rips in leather
- Ice cold AC
- New high output alternator
- Tires in almost new condition
- Stainless steel shifter plate
- New headlight switch
- Original front license bracket
- Original spare wheel and tire
- Original car jack and wrench set
- Original cargo net
- Original floor mats
- Fuel pump, fuel accumulator, injectors etc. have been upgraded over the years as part of its regular maintenance.
- As a better alternative to the DMC stage I upgrade, a UK stainless steel exhaust, heat shield, catalytic converters and manifold were installed. The UK Stainless Steel exhaust (from Stainless Exhaust Specialist in Nottingham, England) is very well known in DeLorean circles for its high quality and perfect fit while delivering a great exhaust note and increased power. It increases power by 15HP while also meeting emissions regulations. The system without catalytic converters costs over $2,000. Catalytic converters were recently added at an extra cost of $1,000. The stainless steel catalytic delete pipes are also included in the sale.
- new headliner with fiberglass backing (re-mediatesmildew smell of 35 year old carton board headliner pieces), costs $550
- Upgraded automatic transmission computer from Gullwing Design replaced 35 year old circuit with transistors, resulting in quicker and smoother up and down shifting, cost: $350
Car was regularly driven and maintained. At the end of last year, DeLorean specialist Dave Bauerle went through every detail to ensure car is in perfect condition. Service and inspection record comes with the sale.
This car has made 3 transatlantic voyages. First when it was shipped from Northern Ireland to the US and then back and forth to Belgium by its second owner. This DeLorean was purchased by its current owner in the summer of 1990 and then immediately shipped to Belgium where it was registered and enjoyed until 2008. To enable registration in Belgium, the DeLorean received front and rear fog lights, and its side markers were blacked out. Thesemodificationsare part of this car's history but can easily be reversed by the new owner. In 2008, the owner shipped the car back to the United States, registered and continued to enjoy it.
The DeLorean comes with 2 original keys, manual, shop manuals, original sticker price, DeLorean magazines, paperwork, transportation bills, Belgian registration papers, etc.
Bid with confidence, see my eBay profile. The car will notdisappoint, but do inspect in person if at all possible.
Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests for more photos.