1970 DATSUN 1600 FAIRLADY ROADSTER RALLY SPORTSCAR ORIGINAL, LOW MILES, A DRIVER
- Condition: Used
- Make: Datsun
- Model: Other
- SubModel: DATSUN 1600 ROADSTER
- Type: 2 DOOR ROADSTER
- Trim: REMOVABLE HARDTOP ROADSTER
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 59,656
- VIN: SPL311-30009
- Color: WHITE PEARL
- Engine size: 1600
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Interior color: black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Datsun Other DATSUN 1600 ROADSTEROriginal 1970 Datsun Fairlady 1600 Rally Roadster
Beautiful Original late model 1970 Datsun 1600 Sport Roadster. Removable Hardtop, o soft top.
She is in amazing example, n great condition. Only 59,600 original miles, ust/rot free example. Been continuously garage kept its entire life. Had a cosmetic restoration about 20 years ago by the second owner. 2 Owners from new. Great daily driver.
Loaded with top options: Fully removable LeMans Hardtop with full rear side windows. MiniLit alloy wheels all around, ew rubber, eriod correct front driving lights. Tuned 1600cc Factory motor, speed transmission, riginal stereo and more.
The 1600cc 4 cyl engine with 97 hp in combination with the low weight of 875 kg makes this a really nice and sporty car to drive. Only 3400 LDH 1970 1600 were produced.
The car is in a good strong running condition with some very minor wear. A rare very nice, porty looking, river with a Rallye look.
She is a Factory US Model. Comes with a clean US title, in number: SPL331-30009, very late designation. Titled as a 1971.BACKGROUND & HISTORY The roadsters, specially the 1600, ecame regular winners on the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) circuit, inning 10 national SCCA championships. For the full story of Nissan's involvement, he race teams, rivers and cars, isit the Datsun Roadster SCCA pages
http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/usindex.htm The 1600's were by the far the best roadsters Nissan produced. The old joke is that the Datsun roadsters were just MG rip offs. The punchline is that, nlike the MG, he Datsun roadsters kept their oil in the engine at night, ot all over the garage floor like the Brit cars.
Both Bob Sharp and Pete Brock of BRE were racing roadsters by the end of the 60's along with a handful of privateers. Nissan went so far as to set up an official competition department in the US to supply parts for the team's that were racing roadsters. Nissan/Prince combined speed shops were also instituted in Japan. The roadster, long with 410sss and 411sss Bluebirds, ere the backbone of Nissan's rally efforts in Monte Carlo. Roadsters and their drivers have actually racked up quite an impressive number of racing victories, ncluding several SCCA titles.
By the time production ceased in 1970, 600 and 2000 Fairlady Roadsters had been built. a few were titled as 1971 versions. This is one. The 240z was destined to replace the Roadsters as Nissan's "Flagwaver" marquee model. The roadster technology was getting old, s was that of most of its competitors. Within a few years, ery few roadsters would remain in production as the GT style cars took over. The Roadster turns heads to this day, isplaying a certain classic elegance that few other Japanese cars do.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
- Vintage vehicles are used and display wear and tear. I do my best to accurately portray each item withdetailed photos and descriptions. Sold as it is with out liens or warranties. All sales final.
- Please ask any questions or concerns you have before bidding. Feel free to schedule a visit to inspect anytime prior to the auctions end.
- And if you need permission from your Mom, ad, ife or Husband to buy this vehcile. Get their OK First before bidding and waisting our time.
- Non-refundable deposit of 1000 is due with in 24 hours or you will loose your item. Full payment for auctions is required no later than 4 days from auction end.
- I accept wire, hecks (allow time to clear) and good old green backs.
- This motorcycle is available locally and the auction can be ended at any time.
- With advance notice thisvehcile may be picked up in Flagstaff, rizona. Shipping is the buyer's responsibility. However, e can arrange wholesale shipping to any location in the United States, anada or worldwide. Send us your address and we will get you a price for transport.
- Before bidding please do your own research regarding shipping and handling charges to your country. We can give and approximate weight and dimensions to assist you in your estimates.
Nissan, 40Z, 60Z, 80Z, 00Z, GB, G, riumph, T6, pitfire, W, 11, 14, oyota, onda, R2