1971 Datsun 510 2 Door Sedan
- Make: Datsun
- Model: 510 2 Door Sedan
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 72,365
- VIN: PL510217922
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2000cc
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Datsun 510 2 Door Sedan
Life is too short to drive boring cars! Drive this stunning and sporty 510 and be the only one on your block! These little beasts are rapidly appreciating in value. Buy this one now before they become out-of-reach!
This beautiful andrare 1971 Datsun 510 2 door sedan is completely rust free and ready to show and go! Completely strippedand rebuilt using new components, and only driven 800 miles since the completion of its restoration!
With 72365 original miles on its odometer and having never suffered from corrosion, this stunning little car has a clear and clean current registration and has been carefully restored over a 3 year period, having been only recently completed and put back into road service.
The frame, floors and body are remarkably clean and the vehicle was obviously well cared for throughout its life. The previous owner spent an extensive amount of time, effort and money restoring this little Japanese beauty and while he was at it, he added many performance enhancements. These include improvements to engine performance, and tuning and tweaking of the suspension and braking.
The car runs and drives beautifully and its lucky new owner will be proud to own "the car" that beat BMW and Alfa Romeo - against all odds - in the early 1970s TRANS AM racing series! The spirit and race history of this legendary model makes it a perfect car for 'spirited drives' with snappy performance! Weighing in at an impressively light 890 kg (just under 2000 lbs.), the power-to-weight ratio is excellent, and the car remains nimble and light-footed in corners.
The owner of this terrific little Datsun is 'down-sizing' his collection and this magnificent 510 sedan is now available. In very 'stock' condition, but with just the right combination of upgrades to not be 'left behind'.
Take the plunge! You know you want it! Enjoy it at club events and car shows... but mostly, get in and let her rip on 'weekend' drives! These are becoming scarce and although many were built...very few survive. This one is a great example... Ready and raring to go!
- Completely rebuilt 2000 CC Datsun L20 engine with Rebello cam. This motor is strong and pulls hard! - 147 HP
- 5 speed transmission has been rebuilt and has no 'synchro' issues
- Clutch is strong
- Universal joints are as new
- New twin webers and manifold
- Magnaflow exhaust system
- Coil-Over suspension
- Willwood braking system with vented rotors on all 4 corners
- 15 inch 'period correct' mag wheels with tires which are as new
- Aluminum radiator. It runs cool.
- New battery
- New ignition
BODY AND FRAME
- Rust free floor, no rust ever, razor-straight body
- Excellent paintwork (paint code is a non-DATSUN color), No dents on body
- Chrome is beautiful, with no dents or scratches
- All glass is scratch free
- Newly re-upholstered
- New headliner
- Dash is 'crack-free' and in excellent condition
- Rare "SSS" steering wheel, unrestored with nice patina, wood shift knob
- Sony sound system with detachable front plate and 2 6x9 speakers (unfortunately, these were cut into the door panels but concealed with speaker grills)
- New carpeting
- comes with owner's handbook, 2 complete set of keys, mechanic's manual
- Passenger inside door handle missing
- Fuel gauge stopped working
This 1971 Datsun 510 has always been carefully maintained, has been recently restored and is in excellent condition. Please feel free to call514-771-9513or email@example.com you have any questions.
TERMS OF SALE
1. Placing a Bid: Your bid constitutes a legally binding contract to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement.
2. The Seller reserves the right to end this auction early or to cancel bids and shall not be held liable for any such cancellation.
3. The winning bidder is required to contact the Seller within 24 hours of the close of the auction to finalize details of the transaction.
4. A $500 (US Dollars) Paypal deposit is required from the Winning Bidder immediately upon close of the auction. The Paypal deposit is non-refundable. Any refunds will be at the sole discretion of the Seller. If the Winning Bidder does not contact the Seller and submit the required deposit within 48 hours of auction close, the vehicle may be made available to the next highest bidder or another qualified buyer on a first come, first serve basis.
5. For the balance of payment, we will accept bank wire transfer (preferred), cashier’s check, or personal check (vehicle pick-up will be delayed until the check [cheque] clears).
As an international buyer, it is as easy to purchase a vehicle as it is for any domestic buyer. You, or your agent, are responsible for Custom clearing the vehicle and registration in your own country.
Please be aware that all pre-owned vehicles, regardless of age, mileage, or manufacturer are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure. I encourage all bidders to have a personal inspection completed to help ensure satisfaction. All inspections are to take place prior to the end of the auction.
This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.
1. I am not an expert in the construction, engineering, finishes, materials, or components of this particular car. While I do my best to perform an extensive visual inspection, I do not disassemble vehicles or components for inspection purposes and therefore it is always possible that there is hidden damage that is not readily apparent.
2. This auction and all advertising information may be updated without notice whenever new information is obtained and may contain mistakes and inaccuracies. Information is provided to the best of my knowledge, and I make no warranty or representation regarding the accuracy, truth, or reliability of such information. I cannot be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies contained in information provided by any third parties.