1972 Datsun 1200 Project with F20C engine swap
- Condition: Used
- Make: Datsun
- Model: Other
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 200,000
- VIN: LB110423743
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Datsun Other
1972 Datsun 1200 2-Door Sedan Project with F20C/6-speed swap
I’m juggling several project cars at once and won’t be able to get back on this one for awhile. I don't have the time nor skills to do it myselfand I can't stand to see it sit and collect dust. For2 years prior it was at a shop that installed the engine and trans but ended up letting it languish so I pulled it out and decided to have the body work done before continuing mechanical.I recently pulled it out of the paint prison in California after 2 years, partially complete again. Unfortunately, the only shops I trust nowadays have a lengthy backlog soI’m putting it out there to see if someone else wants to take it to the next level.
If you're reading this you are aware the LB110 Datsun 1200 has become exceedingly rare nowadays.
Exterior bodywork is 90% complete, all dents, etc. have been pulled and straightened.
It is a solid original southwest car (originally from Tucson, Arizona) but still a 45-year-old Japanese vehicle. Rust that needs repair is a small area on the trunk floor in spare tire area.
Items completed or included:
- Rechromed front and rear bumpers
- New Weatherstripping
- F20C engine/transmission/ecu/harness from 2002 Honda S2000 mounted/installed with modified crossmember (approx 90k miles)
- OEM S2000 ECU
- S2000 dash cluster
- Tunnel clearanced/modified for S2000 AP1 transmission
- Engine bay painted Porsche 997.1 GT3 RS orange
- Perrier Mesh 14x6.5 +10 offset with Nexen 185/55R14 tires
- All glass including NOS windshield
- 280ZX brake conversion for the front that uses larger rotors/calipers from rear of 280ZX (not installed, but included)
- Not running
- Wiring/electrical (F20C harness is complete but not completely wired in)
- Driveshaft (I will include the original S2000 driveshaft that you will need the front part from to custom build a new one with to mate to a solid rear end)
- Radiator (there's one in the pics, but the hood won't close with it)
- Rear end to handle the added power
- Front lower valance (went missing)
- General Reassembly and fabrication
- Some trim missing
$10k+ in parts/labor were spent to-date,
If you have the skills and/or a trustworthy shop, finish this car to its fullpotential
Don't ask for the reserve.It is not far off from the cost of the engine/trans alone.I don't need the money, space isn't an issue and the wife doesn't care either way so I will refuse all off-ebay lowball offers.
Contact me if you are seriously interested in the car and prefer it without the F20C. I'd can sell it with the original A12. Just keep in mind the crossmember and trans tunnel were modified for the F20C engine.