1970 Datsun 2000 Roadster (SRL311)
- Condition: Used
- Make: Datsun
- Model: Other
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Convertible
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 34,100
- VIN: SRL311-13284
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 2.0 L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Datsun Other
I am selling my 1970 Datsun 2000 Roadster, SRL 311. The interior and exterior are black.. I’ve owned the car since 2011 and it has always been garaged. Runs very strong.
About the car:
· Mileage: Odometer shows “34,100”. Purchased car in 2011 with “29,800”.
· 2L Engine (1982 cc)
· 5-speed manual transmission
· Body and engine numbers match
o Car/frame #: SRL311-13284
o Engine #: U20-13878
· No body damage or dents. Very straight car.
· The paint is in very good condition. Very few rock chips and paint bubbles.
· The condition of chrome throughout is very good condition.
· Original duel Mikuni carburetors
· Panasport rims/wheels with locking security lug nut. Falken, 195/55/15 tires.
· Glass pack exhaust/muffler resonator. Sounds great.
· Blue running headlights. Perfect for those summer dusk drives.
· Aftermarket steering wheel
· Soft convertible top in good and workable condition. I’ve only used it once.
· Electric radiator “cool down” fan
· Original AM radio. Uncut console.
· 4-point seat belts
· Original oil pan
· Historical Washington State license plate (don’t have to pay annual fees)
· Clean title
After purchasing the car, I have spent a considerable amount of time and money on repairs to make the car very dependable and comfortable to drive for my wife and I. Below is a list of items I’ve repaired/replaced:
· Interior of car was redone in 2011
o New vinyl shifter boot
o New cigarette lighter
o New rear view mirror
o New sun visors
o New interior door panels (both sides)
o Strip off old seat upholstery., clean, and paint frames. Install new seat and headrests (both seats) and new foam was added.
o New emergency brake boot cover
o New side mirrors (left and right)
o New convertible top boot cover
o Fixed choke knob., now works as designed.
· Fuel tank drained, removed and cleaned. Welded/reinforced to ensure tank wouldn’t sag. (2011) (common problem with this model)
· Flush clutch and brake hydraulics (2011)
· Front suspension overhaul (upper and lower ball joints, boots, etc.) (2011)
· New radiator cap and reservoir tank cap (2011)
· New battery (2012)
· Front suspension alignment (2012)
· Replace rear axle bearings (new rear axle bearings, collars, and seals) (2012)
· Alternator replaced (2012)
· Coolant system power flush (2014)
· Rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders replaced (2015)
· More than regular oil changes
I’ve kept all documentation, receipts, etc. for repairs which I have had performed and those which were provided to me by the previous owner.
The car has an interesting history. It was the actual car in the Datsun Dream Garage Poster. Picture of the poster is shown in picture section. Also, it was featured in a commercial in the 1996 Superbowl (at about the 0:50 sec mark ) as shown in the link below:
The Roadster is a 1989 restoration by Les Cannady at Classic Datsun Motorsports. One the best names in the business. An owner in California sold it in 2001 to an owner in the Seattle area. I purchased the car in 2011.
Included with purchase of the car:
· CoverCraft car cover made of Kimberly-Clark Block-It 380 breathable, UV-resistant,, and water resistant material. Includes cable/lock and also cover bag..
· Battery charger.
· Original user’s manual.
· Spare tire
· Original car jack
I have a reserve that needs to be met. Please email me if you are interested or have questions. I have more pictures than that posted in this listing.