240Z Low Reserve
- Condition: Used
- Make: Datsun
- Model: Z-Series
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 100,000
- VIN: HLS3052976
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 388cid Small Block
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Datsun Z-Series
1972 Datsun 240z drag/street legal car, only one in the world and real head turn
Thecar is currently licensed & insured in the state of California and driven to local shows on the weekends, the body is all steel except for the fiberglass hood, all windows are factory glass with working crank door windows.
This car was completely restored in 2011 and you can not find any used parts through entire car,not even a small nuts and bolts
The engine was rebuilt July 2014 and the car needs nothing, always draws a crowd where ever its taken, it has very beautiful glossy paint but has a small imperfections behind gas tank as shown on the picture, other than that itstill boast it's glory.
No rust issues and is one of the cleanest z's you will find anywhere, the car runs and drives excellent, the paint color is red fire which is a ford color on the 06 mustang GT.
The car has 12.5 to 1 compression and runs on race fuel, I have two carburetor set ups for the car, the carb on it now is a new light weight gas 750 HP.
I also have a methanol carburetor that goes with the car, on methanol the car runs mid 9's and on race fuel it will run high 9's.
Here is list of the parts installed and works done.
1.388cid Small Block Chevrolet 4 bolt billet splayed main caps
2. All ARP fasteners
3. 7qt pan
4. Dart 215 aluminum heads, roller cam setup
5. Ceramic coated Super Victor Manifold intake
6. Fluidyne balancer
7. Roller rockers & stud girdle
8. Moroso Vacuum Pump
9. Power Master Alternator
10. MSD 7al-3 ignition, MSD billet distributer, MSD pro power coil with MSD stree
fire spark plug wires with stainless wire seperators
11. Triple chromed brackets and fabricated chrome valve covers
12. 4 core aluminum radiator & electric fans ARC flat touch switch panel
13.Weather pack connections used where applicable.
Entire car has been wired very meticulously throughout and all lights, blinkers, reverse lights etc. works.
14. Power-glide transmission with aftermarket SFI bell housing & aluminum deep trans pan, trans-brake
15. Electric shift valve-body
16. Little wizard delay box
17. Braided cooling lines ran in the frame rails exiting in front radiator support into cooler. Very clean installation.
18.Billet oil & transmission dip stick
19.Dana 44 Rear-end with mini spool/ 373 gears
20. Aluminum rear end cover
21. Ladder bar setup
22. 31 splined Moser axles
-Brakes, suspensionsand and etc.
23. Wilwood brakes
24. $3500 spent on converting front of car to 5 lugs and larger disc brakes
25. One off Stock location Koni drag struts
26. Weld alumastar 2.0 fronts & bogart beadlocks on the rear
27. Custom billet aluminum battery hold down with Z insignia
28. Ceramic coated hooker super comp headers
29. Single chamber flow master mufflers ran to the rear end
30. Hurst quarter stick shifter
31. All silver face auto-meter gauges with speedo & fuel gauge
32. Throttle stop controller TSC-2
33.Corbeau seats with simpson harness
34. Interior is very close to perfect
35. Sound deadener through out on the floor & fully carpeted with head liner
36. Paint is flawless and straight color matched roll cage
37. Custom aluminum fuel tank and fuel neck in stock locations
38. All stainless steel braided fuel lines, radiator hoses are top quality braided hose, stainless & braided brake lines
39. All stainless steel fasteners under hood, very detailed
-Every piece of the interior was purchased new or reworked at the upholstery shop
-Factory dash recovered and recreated with Auto-meter gauges in factory location
-Several very rare items for Z cars reworked with no expense spared
-The car is super clean
-Great car for the right person(like Mr. Donald Trump lol)
-You'll be hard pressed to find another one like it anywhere
-Pictures do not do it justice