1949 Chrysler Royal Woodie must sell- !!! make an offer will consider trade!!
- Make: Chrysler
- Model: Royal
- SubModel: royal
- Type: Cab & Chassis
- Trim: white ash wood
- Year: 1949
- Mileage: 39,000
- Color: red maroon
- Engine size: 251 ci
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1949 Chrysler Royal white ash wood
May I present a beautifully restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Woodi, probably one of 4 or 5 existing out of 850 made in the world according to antique automobile forums. This woodie automobilehas a 251 spitfire, 6 cylinder engine naturally aspirated by a carter one barrel carb resulting in 116 horsepower. All brand new tires have been installed are Coker, 3+1/4 inch radial, anew brake master cylinder and brake cylinders on all wheels, new front floor boards 16 gauge steel andrebuilt tranny tunnel.. The transmission is a fluidmatic which can run partially without a clutch, and has the shift on the column - hi low reverse- . This car is a one owner besides me (the restorer), has mostly new white ash wood installed-unstained but left for the new buyer to select the color of their choice. The car requires a few small finishing details that are being completed. I have worked on this car almost 5 years, rebuilt moto, transmission gone through by Rob's Transmission of Warwick for almost $3000.0, new interior front seats, mid row, and rear seats with cost over $8000, new wood inside panels and roof.
If you google 1949 Chrysler royal wagon for sale you will see that they sell for $179,000.00 or more. I am not asking anywhere near this price although I have put in 4 years of work and parts and rebuilding on this car. There's the exact same model and color(1949 Chrysler Royal for sale for $120,000 in Hemming's, mine is almost half price.This is a great buy and an even better investment so bid!!!!
* Spitfire 251 cc engine
* One previous owner
* 8 passenger station wagon
* 850 made in 1949 maybe 4 or 5 in existence
* Fluidmatic transmission
* New glass windows except one with inspection sticker on it from1972
*new front metalfloor boards
*mostly new white ash wood
* wooden head liner
* Freshly painted
* hand made rear wheel wells
*mostly new wiring replacing old cloth wire
*new rings pistons valves valve spring points rotor valve clips plus more
*new interior red and white seats
* rebuilt radio
* new points and condenser and plug wires and spark plugs distributor
*new bulbs in interior and panel lights
* structural steel at drivers and passenger door at bottom
*rebuilt starter and voltage regulator and generator from ace armature
*resanded and restained mahogany trim around doors and door panels.
* marine mahogany panels
*rebuilt carter bb carb by California carburetor
*4 brandnew coker wide whitewall tires 3+1/8 inch
*dependable electric fuel pump
*extra set of hub caps
*electrical labeled and rewired
* wood is not stained or varnished to accommodate buyer's choice
* brand new rear wheel wells fabricated by Robert's custom metal over
* marine mahogany door panels
* priced to go way less then the $179,000.00 other one for sale.
*you will love riding down the street or going to a car show in this beauty!!!
* some rare chrome on this car -rear fender chrome over $600
* Transmission just redone and motor work by Robert's transmission of Warwick
* new maroon rug in front and back
5 years of learning and building