1958 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 392 Hemi Rare Mopar Forward look
- Make: Chrysler
- Model: Imperial
- SubModel: LeBaron
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1958
- Mileage: 108,507
- VIN: LY14782
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 392 hemi
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1958 Chrysler Imperial
For sale is a COMPLETE 1958 Imperial LeBaron with matching 392 hemi and torqueflite trans. No rust. No missing badges or trim.
Power steering, power brakes, Power windows, 6 wayPower front seat, air conditioning, rear window defroster, power antenna, leather interior.
The only options that aren't in the car that were available in 1958 are cruise control, power locks, highway hifi record player, instant heater.
Only 501 imperial Lebaron sedans were built in 1958. I drive the car around town on occasion but not enough to justify keeping it due to space. The car gets a lot of attention and looks good.
I did a few things to make ownership and maint a little easier. Currently has an electric fuel pump installed near the gas tank. I have a mechanical pump that goes with the car that I purchased from hot heads recently if you want to reverse that and go stock.
I put a remote oil filter on it to make oil changes easier, the stock canister comes with the car if you want to reverse what I did. K&N filter installed in the stock cleaner, it fits and is a part K&N made for the car so no need to reverse it unless you are going to be entering in shows that judge originality.
Here is a list of what doesn't work or needs some help.
1. Interior seat cushions are crusty as are doors. rear window interior piece was rotted and removed. Front seat has a tear where driver sits.
2. radio doesn't work
3. paint has blemishes and chip marks etc. looks like it was painted black from the factory, then white, then black again. It needs a sand and paint to be of show quality currently ok for a driver.
4. few dents in front bumper see picture they aren't big but are there.
5. 1 muffler isn't correct.
6. tires not correct but work. The wheels are correct and I have the correct hub caps just keep them off in case a thief wants them or they fall off.
7. I do not know if the Air conditioning system works I didn't charge it or check for leaks. Heat works great however.
8. trim has a few dings or dents mostly on passenger side rear.
9. jiffy jet bag is there but hoses not run.
10. chrome has pits or surfacerust here and there.