1926 CHRYSLER ROADSTER HOTROD
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chrysler
- Model: Other
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1926
- Mileage: 10,000
- VIN: R95987
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 302 Ford Fuel Injection
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: C4 automatic
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1926 Chrysler Other
You are bidding on a1926 CHRYSLER ROADSTER HOTROD.
The body, fenders, and all other sheet metal are original Walter Chrysler steel and in excellent condition.Chrome is also in great condition.Paint is black with a deep gloss.There is some very minor road rash on the front fenders and one dime size dent on the front fender near the running board. The original deep section Chrysler frame was retained and improved with some very beefy cross members and transmission mount. This unique hotrod was originally built by a former auto shop teacher in the southern California area and was in the same family since 1994. This body style has the original golf club door in the quarter panel for the jaunt to the country club.The trunk is set up for a rumble seat with original polished alum steps on the bumper and rear fender.Rumble seats are not included, this area is used as a traditional trunk providing plenty of storage for a car this size.You won’t need a trailer for your suitcases in this roadster. The wheel base for these cars was considerably longer than say the Ford Model A or B giving a much smoother ride and more interior leg room.The top bows and supports are original, beautifully refinished.The cloth top is new and gorgeous. Handling is precise and the turning radius is tight.Tracks straight down the road. The car stops on a dime. The frame has been painted as well as most of the underbody items and looks great.Wheels are chrome with chrome hubcaps.The interior is cloth and is in great condition, seats adjust and tilt to access the golf club storage area.
You will not see many of these at your next car show or rod run.Always draws a crowd.
1. The drive train is all Ford and includes:85 Mustang 302 fuel injected engine. The engine hasFord SVO GT40aluminum heads.The engine was recently aggressively tuned in a profession shop including all new injectors and a couple of sensors. Compression was verified at 150psi on all cylinders. Mileage is unknown.
2. A rebuiltC4 transmissionwith independent oil cooler was installed by the previous owner.
3.Lincoln Versailles rear endwith triangulated four bar system and coilovers.
4. Four wheeldisc brakeswith dual master cylinder
5. An aftermarketindependent front suspensionwith rack and pinion steering was recently checked and aligned.
6.Uniroyal Tiresare new with less than 1000 miles on them, 14” in front, 15” in back.
7.All newFlaming Riverpolished stainless steel steering u-jointsand DD shafts.
8. Recent upgrades includenew water pumpand hoses, anew SPAL electric fan, a refurbished andtested radiator,new valve covers, and stock Fordheaders were ceramic coated.
9. The original gauge cluster was retained but only the speedo and amp meter continue to work. NewStewart Warner oil pressure, gas, temp gaugepackagehas been installed on the floor with a custom cluster made from a cut down ribbed alum air cleaner.
We invite you to see this car in person or have an inspection service review it.You will not be disappointed.
The car is located on Santa Barbara, CA and is for sale locally.
Call (805) 3two4-454seven(leave a message please).
SHIPPING IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF BUYER.
Asking $39,500 OBO, might consider trade plus cash.
Keywords: hot rod, convertible, roadster, coupe, 1924, 1925,1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1932, model A, model B, deuce, Chrysler, DeSoto, Dodge, Plymouth, Maxwell, classic car, street rod.