High-End 1953 Chrysler Town & Country Factory Hemi Estate Wagon Wood & Leather
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chrysler
- Model: New Yorker
- SubModel: Estate Wagon
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Town & Country
- Year: 1953
- Mileage: 71,993
- Color: Blue/Green
- Engine size: 331 HEMI
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1953 Chrysler New Yorker Estate WagonNew Page 1
A true barn find. A very high-end 1953 Chrysler Factory highly optioned Hemi Station Wagon. She is very complete & very scarce find. perfect base for restoration project. Currently a roller, ot running yet. Been stored in a barn & car port for over 50 years.
This wagon has the 331 hemi and fluid drive automatic. Original Lizard patterninterior. The engine looks as complete as you will find. Tires hold air. OK for transport. The car rolls and steers for shipping.
BODY: The body is solid for a project and very straight, ut does need some clean up. It has very little serious rust overall. The floors are solid, howing surface rust. but I will detail it: Front floorpans have rust in the same spot. Very fixable without a new pan. Floorpan in front of rear seat has minor rust also where the pillar meets the floor. Also not major. As you can see in the pics, he pans are nice for the most part but will need some patch work. Cargo area looks fine and solid. Rust under where the battery sits. Its just flat metal, o will be easy to repair. Door skins have rust of varying degrees: Very light pinhole rust on passenger front, ust on passenger rear skin, ust on drivers rear door, light pinhole rust on drivers front. There are only two spots of filler on the car. Neither was put there to hide rust. They are both for minor dent repair. One spot is on the rear corner of the drivers front door and you can see it in the pics. The other is above the drivers rear quarter. When I chipped it off, he metal looks new underneath.
No sign of any collision damage ever or any other heavy bondo. No other filler at all that's cracking or chipping. Metal on floors looks new from underneath where the undercoating has fallen off. Frame, ambs, ood, oof, irewall, ront fenders, uarters, nner fenders, heelhouses, eader, ash, tc. all look nice and rust free. Windshield is usable but chipped, ubbling and scratched. Some flat glass cracked/bubbling. Rear tailgate has minor rust but a VERY NICE complete replacement tailgate is included.
Extra parts include extra set of floor wood for the cargo area, ncluding a very nice tire tub cover. Also, ice side wood panels are included for the cargo area. TONS of other extra parts/trim are included. Really, robably as much as I can fit in the car, including extra windows etc. etc. Overall, he body needs restored, ut is mostly rust free and very straight. It was originally seamiest Green/Blue, but has been repainted, ost of which has flaked off.
INTERIOR: The interior is complete, ith the exception of the carpet and headliner being removed. It needs completely re-done. All hardware is included and tons of extra interior parts are included. Extra cargo area wood is included. Seats are usable and the rears are actually pretty nice. Front has tears in driver's side like most do. Gauge area in good shape. Door panels are still in it.
Tried very hard to be as accurate as possible. With any early 50's classic are tough and have less work then the newer ones. A FACTORY HEMI WAGON all in tact & complete is a VERY scarce find. Its all here. Reach out anytime.IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
- Many of the items we list are used and display wear and tear we do our best to accurately portray each item withdetailed photos and descriptions. Sold as it is with out liens or warranties. All sales final.
- Please ask any questions or concerns you have before bidding. Feel free to schedule a visit to inspect anytime prior to the auctions end.
- Non-refundable deposit of 1000 is due with in 24 hours or you will loose your item. Full payment for auctions is required no later than 4 days from auction end.
- I accept wire, hecks (allow time to clear) and good old green backs.
- This motorcycle is available locally and the auction can be ended at any time.
- With advance notice this car may be picked up in Flagstaff, Arizona. Shipping is the buyer's responsibility. However, e can arrange wholesale shipping to any location in the United States, Canada or worldwide. Send us your address and we will get you a price for transport.
- Before bidding please do your own research regarding shipping and handling charges to your country. We can give and approximate weight and dimensions to assist you in your estimates.
American Muscle restoration project charger, ury, Plymouth, hallenger, opar, /p>