Numbers MATCH ....... see VIDEO, 4-Speed, working Air Conditioning, in TX
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Chevelle
- SubModel: Super Sport
- Trim: Super Sport
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 83,644
- VIN: 138177Z136300
- Engine size: 396
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4-Speed
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super SportDetails are below the VIDEO & 60 PHOTOs …. please allow TIME for loading.
Original Motor & great OPTIONS
This is a very ORIGINAL California Chevelle SS396 with most of its factory installed components still in tact including the original VIN numbers matching engine block and what appears to be an all "original body" including the correctly stamped “138” quarter panels. This is a true factory California car with the factory SMOG equipment still in tact. It is also a California built car with factory Air Conditioning - very hard to find. The colors, riginality, ptions and California pedigree make this Super Sport highly prized by collectors.
* 396/325hp Super Sport performance package
* Air Conditioner .......... R12 and still blowing COLD air
* 4-Speed Transmission
* Power Steering
* Power Brakes
* Am/Fm Radio
* Vinyl Roof
* Red Line Tires
* Rally Wheels
* Tinted Glass
* Floor Mats
* Seat Belts
History / California Car !!
This car was assembled at the Freemont California plant in March of 1967. This is documented by Trim Tag, in Tag and engine pad stamp. Also, t retains its unique California SMOG equipment which is of course highly sought after by collectors.
A friend of mine purchased at a 2008 Barrett Jackson auction for $56k plus buyers fees (this history is documented in a couple places on the internet - lot #947.1). From there the car went into his building with the rest of his collection. During the last eight years of his ownership it has been started on a regular basis but actually driven less than 100 miles.
The history prior to his 2008 purchase is unknown, ncluding who restored the car, he age of the restoration and the mileage on the drive-line (although believed to be rebuilt with very low miles). What is known is the obvious, hat being that this is a very original car that at some point benefited from a quality freshening up and has been pampered from that point until now.
My educated GUESS based on an inspection of this car is that it has been driven very little since its restoration. There is simply very little observable evidence of wear or usage on the restoration. The odometer shows 83k, hich could be original for the car but I have no way to verify this (and due to the age of the car it will be sold as mileage exempt).
The following items come with the car. Extra set of red-line bias-ply tires, ar cover, pare, ack, wners manual and what might be the original “license plate frames” from a dealer called GOOD Chevrolet in Napa California, s well as, California black plate. It is interesting to note that the owner’s Manual has a stamped notation inside it that shows the exact vin# of this car and states …. “Floor Display, S-396 Tahoe TRQS.”
Numbers, astings & Date codes
This car appears to have most of its original components all the way down to the California Smog Equipment. The only noted exception is the changing of the transmission from a automatic to a manual. The transmission currently in the car is a PERIOD CORRECT 1967 Munci 4-Speed tranny with a February 5th 1967 code P7B05. However, ccording to the "EV" stamp on the engine pad, his car would have originally come with a Turbo 400 automatic tranny.
The motor has a matching vin# stamped on the pad (TOI31EV 7Z136300) as well as a correct block casting of #3902406 and A187 date code which translates to Jan 18th, 967.
The "12-bolt" rearend is stamped CY 03 23 which translates to 3:07 gear dated March 23, 967 which would be correct for the car.
Performance & Condition
It drives much like it would have the day it was new. It accelerates, teers and stops like a quality “stock original” should. I have found it to be easy to start, asy to shift, asy to clutch and easy to drive in general with the Power Steering and Power Brakes. Other than the clock, verything seems to be working fine including the original AmFm radio. I am amazed by the fact that the AC is still blowing cold, lthough I am not sure it would cool the entire cabin on a really hot day or how long the current charge might last. The windows go up and down nicely and mate well with each other and the top.
Paint & body
WOW is what I hear most when people see this car!
The car is laser straight and appears to have its original sheet metal including the “138 stamped” rear quarter panels. The floor appears to be original as well. The lines, it and finish are all within factory specs. The paint of course is much nicer than the factory paint. The paint has a high gloss with that deep wet highly reflective look. It is obvious that this was a high dollar quality job when originally done. The paint remains show quality, owever like most cars once perfect, t now has a few minor flaws. I took photos of the 4 minor issues I found …. they are “close up shots” of minor imperfections that most people would never even mention, et alone highlight in close up pictures. These minor blemishes in no way detract from the over all fantastic paint job which is much nicer than the vast majority out there.
Simply put, his is one of the most beautiful ’67 Super Sports I have ever seen. I absolutely love the color, specially in full sunlight where it comes alive. Tahoe Turquoise really turns heads. I have noticed in my years of playing with collector cars that people really seem to enjoy the unusual colors.
This may be the nicest original interior I have ever seen in any 1967 model car. While the carpet and dash pad appear to have been replaced, verything else appears to be original and in mint condition.
The vinyl top
The vinyl top is also very nice and in my opinion completes the LOOK on a 67 Chevelle. From inside the trunk area looking up beneath the rear glass the metal looks to be in great shape. I did not see any of the issues that sometimes go with vinyl top cars. I guess this is why people love California cars.
The Engine Bay and Trunk
Both are bone stock in appearance and are both are presented very well. The engine bay included the original style California Smog Equipment which collectors and investors value.
The tires are new BF Goodrich radial REDLINES with less than 50 miles. Should you prefer the original type “bias-ply” redlines, set comes with the car.
Everything else.The glass, hrome and stainless are all very nice. The undercarriage is clean but not detailed or restored for showing with mirrors. The exhaust system and gas tank were replaced presumably when the restoration work was done. My eBay “seller feedback” My name is Michael and my eBay Seller feedback is below. I can be reached at 817-992-seven 99 one. I am easy to talk to and will do my best to help you decide if this is the car for you. Please take time to read my eBay “Seller” feedback below, elling NOTHING but quality classic cars. ABOUT US ….. My son and I are “serious car guys” that are passionate about what we do. We are super particular and only buy the cars we could personally consider as keepers. If you are a seasoned car buff, ou know that there is a huge difference between quality and everything else. If you would like to learn more about us, lease feel free to check out our site MyRod.com Location & Shipping The car is located approximately 30 minutes from either Dallas, X airport. Fly in for the drive home of a lifetime or I can coordinate shipping anywhere in the world. my eBay “Seller” feedback Please take time to review the eBay “seller feedback” on me selling NOTHING but quality Classic Cars like this one. You can see by the price points and the feedback, am selling premium quality cars.
* Great car as described. Paid $43,000 & I’m pleased
* Great car. $38,500. Car as described. Thanks Michael* 67 Mustang S Code 390, 42,9500, eautiful Car, ichael is passionate & trustworthy.
*$54,750 1969 Firebird 400 Conv. Amazing car & transaction, ichael is excellent.
* Bought a $50,000 Mustang. Great car! Excellent communication. Thanks Michael!
* $44,000 and 2nd purchase from Michael. Very Recommended.
* $34,950 for 66 Mustang Conv. Incredible service from Michael. I’ll buy more. Thx
* Paid $42,500 and the car is PRECISELY as Michael represented it to be. Great job!
* 2nd car I purchased from Michael, lways as described. This one for $38,500
* I purchased my car from Michael Chance for $44,950. Love the car. Helpful seller.
* Thanks Michael, ell worth the $45,000
* Michael has the BEST CARS on eBay. Paid $58,500 for my stunning 67 GT 390!
* Had an AWESOME car Buying experience! Bought a $49,500 Camaro & LOVE it!
* Michael went above and beyond to assist me. Very good communication. Excellent ! (….$18,950 classic truck purchased by this buyer)
* Traveled from AUSTRALIA, et seller. Unbelievable setup, uality people, uality vehicles, uality service (….$35,000 classic truck purchased by this buyer)
* Paid $65,000 for my GTO convertible, ery pleased, REAT CAR. Thanks Michael !
* Michael sold me this GEM, or $49,950 . It is everything I ever wanted and more.
* My expectations were totally blown out of the water on this $42,000 Camaro, XCELLENT !
* I was Very pleased with car, reat seller to do biz with, aid $41,000
* $65,000 1956 Corvett, Amazing transaction, asiest ever, ichael did everything
* Purchased $37,450 Car from Michael and he was the best to work with A+++++”
* Purchased $49,950 Classic Car from Michael and love it! Topnotch experience
* “Superb to deal with! Had absolute confidence in buying a $45,000 classic from Michael”
* “Great to deal with. Michael has Great Cars, ill deal again, AAAA+”
* “Purchased a $38,000 classic car from Michael, ery pleased, ighly recommend
* “Michael just delivered my 64 F100, ver $20,000 grand purchase, assle free”
* “One of the best I have ever dealt with on Ebay. I would buy from again” (….. $58,100 Trans Am purchased by this buyer)
* “Michael is top notch, 21,000 Classic Car is awesome!”
* “fast ship As Described” (…. $33,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
* “What an amazing Impala SS427! U made this a great transaction!! Honest ebayer!” (…. $69,950 Impala purchased by this buyer)
* “Michael is a honest seller. Thank you for my $59,950 Bel Air”
* Great Seller, hanks (…. $42,500 Firebird 400 cvt purchased by buyer, is 2nd purchase from me, irst was a $50,000 L78 Camaro)
* Car arrived as described. Michael was excellent to work with. (….$25,500 Grand Prix purchased by this buyer)
* 2nd car I’ve bought from Michael. Very helpful & correct descriptions. (…. $24,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer, is 2nd purchase from me, st was $28,000 Mustang)
* Easy to deal with. Quick buy now transaction (….. $24,200 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
* As described, asy to deal with, ood communication, hanks for the FIREBIRD (…. $36,000 Firebird HO cvt purchased by this buyer)
If you require financing please connect with the following lenders:
(My collection has been financed at one time or another with each of these folks!)
JJ BEST Banc & Co. - New Bedford, A
Woodside Credit in California
LightStream - a division of SunTrust Bank and a sponsor of Mecum Auctions!Terms & Conditions of this sell & all legal stuff Although my eBay experiences have been very positive, am aware that much goes on within the eBay community that is not positive and therefore requires direct language. Do NOT make a bid or offer until you read everything below. Any bid or offer is a legal acknowledgement and agreement on your part to be bound by the Terms and Conditions put forth below and additionally specified within eBay itself. Have FUNDS ready PRIOR to bidding or making an offer. Full payment must be received within five (7) business days of the end of auction/sale unless I agree in writing to alternative terms. WIRE TRANSFER IS PREFERRED for US buyers and required for all buyers “outside” the United States. Cashier’s check, irect deposit or cash in person are acceptable but in ALL cases this vehicle and its title will NOT be released until complete payment is received and all funds have irrevocably cleared BOTH Banks. If paying by Bank Cashiers Check, must receive a copy of any Bank Cashiers Check in ADVANCE along with your “internal bank contact information” for confirmation of your Bank Check by my Bank. Bank Cashiers checks MUST BE classified by my bank as having irrevocably cleared both Banks prior to my release of vehicle and title. Loan checks must be agreed to by me PRIOR to you making a bid or offer. Money Orders are NOT accepted. I have an agency relationship with a Licensed Texas Dealer and all cars will be sold through this Dealer. Texas buyers will have to pay Texas sales tax and license/registration fees. Out of state buyers are responsible for taxes in their own states. This is a very nice vehicle. However, here is no such thing as a "PERFECT" vehicle...especially when dealing with vintage vehicles. This is not a new vehicle; it is decades old. Even a restored or partially restored vehicle can and will have flaws and normal wear and tear congruent to its age and/or mileage. This vehicle may have minor dings, cratches (or, ther imperfections) and indications of wear and use because it has been used. This vehicle is sold AS IS - NO WARRANTY This vehicle is being sold as is, here is with no warranty, f any kind expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the buyer and/or buyers agent to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle (prior to the end of the eBay listing), nd to have satisfied themselves as to the condition and value and to bid or offer based upon that judgment solely. Arranging for an independent third-party inspection is a great way to validate a seller's claims about a vehicle's condition. There are many companies and individuals who offer such a service. These services are listed on the internet and can be found in most collector car magazine publications. Of course your personal inspection and scrutiny are suggested and most welcomed. Any and all inspections must occur PRIOR to the end of this eBay listing. The seller has made a diligent effort to accurately describe any known material defects associated with this vehicle. Additionally, he seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose at the “buyer's request prior to the end of the eBay listing” any additional specific details important to the Buyer. However, ny descriptions or representations from the Seller are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. Everything stated in the description is to the best of the seller’s knowledge. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, uthenticity, enuineness, r defects herein, nd makes no warranty in connection therewith. The Seller does not expressly, r implicitly, uarantee the accuracy of the description including authenticity or genuineness of the vehicle and/or its components and assumes no responsibility for any repairs or defects regardless of any oral or written statements about the vehicle. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, mperfection, efect or damage. Any and all claims or disputes arising from or related to this transaction, ther than a claim for injunctive relief, hall first be submitted to mediation in Denton County, exas in accordance with the then governing rules of the American Arbitration Association. If the parties cannot resolve their dispute through mediation, hey shall have the issue resolved through arbitration with the then governing rules of American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon an arbitration award may be entered in the District Court for the County of Denton, tate of Texas. Parties shall bear their own costs related to any mediation or arbitration proceeding.