1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS396, 4-Speed Convertible Replica. Excellent Condition.
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Chevelle
- SubModel: SS396
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Black Bucket Seats
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 22,257
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 396/350hp
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Rear Wheel
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS396To start with, et me first say that I understand that there is a lot of information in my ad. I also understand that this may be boring to the person who is just looking and not buying. However, or the person who is looking to buy and spend their hard earned money, feel that there is never too much information. As to myself, am not a dealer, ust a (65) year old kid that loves muscle cars. For my work, recently retired from managing a Correctional Facility here in Maine and had worked for the Maine Department of Corrections for (40) years. I am also a respected member of my community. I mention this only because of the value of this car and so that prospective buyers will have some idea as to who they are dealing with. Also, lease check out my eBay feedback which is 100% with (1,136) transactions.
INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS ARE WELCOME WITH A DOWN PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL AND THE BALANCE VIA WIRE TRANSFER ONLY.
I ALSO HAVE INTERNATIONAL BUYER REFERENCES FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CHECK.Hypothetical question: If you were to visit your local weekend car show, hat’s the most common mid-size muscle car you would most likely see in attendance? The answer: Chevelle, nd there’s a very good reason for that. The Chevelle was one of Chevrolet’s most popular models it has ever sold, t was one of the best selling cars of its era, nd it remains to be a model that is coveted by hot rodders and collectors alike.
Introduced on September 26, 963 and built between model years 1964 and 1977, he Chevrolet Chevelle was available in a wide array of body styles; everything from a two-door sport coupe to a four-door estate wagon. Chevrolet, fter realizing that their Impala model was seemingly growing by the foot, eeded a mid-size model to fit in between it and the recently-released compact Nova/Chevy II.
Chevrolet, anting to get their point across that this was a driver’s car, nd not a stripped-out racer, ncluded every comfort and convenience Chevelle option available, ncluding a tachometer, o the driver could keep a close eye on his revs that the L37 provided, 160mph speedometer (presumably to help keep Johnny Law out of his or her rear view mirror), nd deluxe front and rear seat belts to help keep occupants safe and in place, n the event that the vehicle’s owner ever decided to go crazy and engage in any extracurricular activities. An AM/FM radio, added dash, nd a remote driver’s side mirror came as standard equipment as well.
1968 delivered a whole new redesign for the Chevelle and its A-body cousins. Featuring a shorter wheelbase, he immensely popular long-hood, hort-deck styling, long with a sculpted body and tapered front fenders, he new body style gave the Chevelle the muscular appearance that it rightfully deserved.
What would become the final year for the Chevelle, 977 added up to a miserable year. The sole “performance” option was a 170horsepower, our-barrel 350, hile a Chevelle SE (Special Edition) offered front and rear spoilers, urbine II wheels, pecial graphics and decals, ront and rear sway bars, 41 sport suspension and a deluxe interior, esulting in 50 of these being built.
As GM downsized its intermediate models for 1978, he Chevelle name was dropped, eaving the Malibu as the nameplate for all models. Today, he Malibu name is synonymous with Chevrolet’s desperate attempt to compete with the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord, ot exactly the platform to bring the fabled Chevelle back with. Today, he Chevelles of the past are the greatest symbol of Chevrolet’s strength during these tumultuous years.Although it existed a mere 13 years before it morphed officially into the Malibu, hevrolet’s Chevelle remains a beloved muscle car. The Chevelle SS was the carmaker’s high performance version of the Chevelle. Featuring its own line of performance products and engines, he Chevelle SS boasted the most powerfully rated engine of all the muscle cars. For your consideration is this beautiful 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS396 4-speed replica convertible. Excellent body paint with black vinyl bucket seat interior. If you ever wanted a real Chevelle SS convertible, ou know that they are pretty much out of reach for the average person. This replica is as close to the original as you can get at considerably less money. Look closely at all of the photos as well as the video and see if it might be right for you. VIN Number: 136678B221232VIN Decode: 1 Chevrolet 36 Malibu V8 67 2-Door Convertible 8 1968 B Baltimore, aryland Assembly Plant 221232 Sequence Number Trim Tag: 06D 136140 203569 ST 68 13667 BAL 05083 BDY TR 765 C2 PAINT Trim Tag Decode: 06D
· 06 June 1968
· D 4th Week in June 1968136140 Data Processing Number 203569 Data Processing Number ST Style 68 1968 13667 Malibu 8-Cylinder 2-Door Convertible BAL Baltimore Assembly Plant 05083 Body Number BDY Body TR Interior Trim 765 Black Vinyl Bench Seat with Armrest C2 Ermine White with Black Convertible Top
· Block Casting Number: 3969854 1969-1972, 96/402/454ci, -Bolt and 4-Bolt
· Carburetor Number: 1973 Rochester Quadrajet 7044202
· LH Exhaust Manifold Casting Number: 3909879 1968 396ci
· RH Exhaust Manifold Casting Number: 3916178 1968 396ci
· Transmission Casting Number: 3925661 1973 Muncie M21
· Transmission Stamping: P3R25B
R October 1973
25 23rd Day of October 1973
· Rear Axle Casting Number: 3969278 1970 12-BoltAs of September 1 2015, agerty values the 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 327/250 convertible at: Number 1: $46,700 Number 2: $34,500 Number 3: $27,100 Number 4: $19,900 As with all of the cars that I sell on eBay, he easiest way for a prospective buyer to get a sense for my cars is with tons of information and loads of photos and a video. Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them and respond ASAP. Here is the link to the video: Engine: The engine is a 1969 – 1972 396ci. It has a Rochester Quadrajet carburetor mated to an Edelbrock intake. The correct exhaust manifolds are present. Please look at the engine photos to see how nice the engine compartment looks. The engine starts and runs excellent with no overheating or messy leaks or drips. Transmission: The transmission is a 1973 Muncie M21. Shifts up and down the gears fine.Exterior: The exterior is exceptional. The chrome and bright work are in very good to excellent condition. All glass is very good with a one small chip on the driver’s side front window. Interior: The interior is in good condition overall. There is one rip on the top of the driver’s side quarter panel. The convertible top is excellent as is the convertible top back window. There is a convertible top boot that goes with the car. The carpet is in good condition and has floor mats. The dash has no rips or tears. Door panels are in good condition as well as the console. All original seat belts are present. Door locks and windows are in good working order. Rear Axle: The rear axle is a 1970 12-bolt and has no leaking, lunking or funny noises. Undercarriage: The undercarriage is clean and shows to be in very nice overall condition as you will see the photos. The exhaust system is in good condition. Electrical: All exterior lights are in working order to include the headlights, ail lights, unning lights, linkers and the plate light. (The backup lights are not connected.) The speedometer, ibbon tach, ipers, orn and gauges are all functional with the exception of the clock. The heater works fine. The interior lights and the glove box light works. The Sony AM/FM radio works great with a nice set of speakers under the seats. The electric power top works great. There is also a rear power antenna. Trunk: The trunk is in very good rust free condition but does not have the spare wheel or the jack assembly. Mechanical: The brakes to include the emergency brake work correctly. The steering is very good with power steering. The suspension is very good with no issues. Tires and rims are excellent. The SS starts, hifts and drives down the road great but be sure to hold on as it is fast.Misc: I have tried very hard through description, hotos and video to present this 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS350 Reproduction honestly and fairly.Having said that, sk any and all questions before bidding and not after the auction ends and you are the winner of this 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS350 Reproduction. Terms of Sale:This pre-owned vehicle is being sold "as-is, here is" with absolutely no warranties and/or guarantees either expressed or implied. Winning bidder must contact seller within (48) hours of auction close to confirm purchase by e-mail. A $1,000 non refundable deposit is required within (3) business days of auction close. Down payment may be made by Paypal. Balance due within (5) business days of auction end. Funds must be in the form of a wire transfer, ashiers check or certified bank check. Paypal will not be accepted for the balance. If there is no confirmation, he seller has the right to offer the vehicle to other bidders. Buyer is responsible for all transport costs. This auction and your bid/participation in this auction are binding contracts and will be dutifully and lawfully enforced. Seller also reserves the right to end this auction early without any liability to the seller. I do not have a Maine title for this 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS350 Reproduction as Maine does not issue titles for vehicles that are more than (15) years old. I have sold cars all over the country as well as Canada, ngland, witzerland and Australia and have never had a problem. The car will come with a Bill-of-Sale, he Maine registration signed over to the new owner and a copy of the Maine law regarding titles which is on a form issued by the Maine Motor Vehicle Department. Thank you again and good luck bidding.