1972 Chevy C-10 Custom Long Bed 350/350 Automatic
Price: - Item location: Sheridan, Wyoming, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C-10
- SubModel: Custom
- Type: RWD Long Bed
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 99,999
- VIN: CCE142J126151
- Color: Orange
- Engine size: 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gas
- Transmission: 350
- Drive type: Automatic
- Interior color: Orange
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Chevrolet C-10 CustomFor sale is my 1972 Chevy C-10 Custom Long Bed RWD. I bought this truck in July and usually drive it a few times a week when the weather is nice. I am looking at building a new home so unfortunately this beauty has to go. It has a clean title in my name.
What I can tell, t looks like the pickup had a complete restoration about 10 years ago. The truck runs and drives great. It starts every time and sounds ohhhh so good. :) When I first bought it, took it on a 600 mile trip and it ran great. I kept it at 75 - 80 on the interstate without any issues. Since then, have only driven it around town and on local highways without any problems at all. It does have power steering and disk brakes.
I don't have much mechanical or vehicle knowledge but I will try and mention all areas of the truck below. If I miss anything or need further information let me know.
- The color of the pickup is orange and I would call it driver quality to a little better then driver quality. The paint job is very nice and shows great but to be on the safe side I will call it 7 out of 10 maybe 7 1/2. During its restoration, he truck was spray coated so the frame and wheel wells are in excellent shape. The body is very, ery straight without any dents or dings that I can see. There are some paint chips on the doors and hood. There is also what appears to be a rust bubble on the passenger side door. There are 2 areas on the inside of the cab that are starting to rust. There is some surface rust on the under side of the bed. The rest of the body appears rust free. It has a spray on bed liner so I can't tell what condition the bed is underneath so it would be safe to assume it has some surface rust too. The truck did have graphics on the sides that I took off. After a few wax jobs, he shadow of them is barely visible but still there. In fact, ou might not even notice them if I didn't mention it and it doesn't show up in pictures. I actually looks like they were added into the paint job and it looks really cool if you ask me.
- The engine is a 350 that sounds very, ery good. The transmission is also a 350. There are no leaks what so ever. I was told they both had around 5000 miles on them when I bought it but actual mileage is unknown. When I bought it, took the truck to my engine and transmission mechanic. He fixed 3 seals that were leaking and went through the entire motor and transmission. He said everything looked really good. For whatever reason, he cooling fan is controlled by a separate switch (pictured). Not sure why they did this but its never been a problem. It has never overheated or come close to overheating but my mechanic says it could use a radiator flush. Other then that, here are no issues at all....its ready to get in and go.
- New BF Goodrich tires that make the pick up look really good. I bought them in August (receipt included) and have about 800 miles on them. The rims are older Crager rims. The truck does drift a little to the right so it could us an alignment.
- The interior is very nice. All gauges, ights, ents, ans, ipers,horn, tc, ork other then the dome light. I have a new bulb in there but it won't light up. I added the correct aftermarket radio and added floor speakers (box and receipt included). The radio has mp3, pod, r cd changer capabilities. It can also be bluetooth but you would have to buy the adapter. Unfortunately I have to cut the inside the glove box to get the stereo in but its not visible with the glove box closed. The bench seat, loor, eadliner and trim and in excellent shape. There are two rust areas in the cab that I mentioned above and are pictured.
$500 bank wire or paypal within 48 hours of winning the bid. Full payment expected in 7 days. Serious buyers only. If you don't plan on buying it, lease don't bid.
You are responsible for setting up and paying for shipping. I will be there when the shipper shows up to help make sure this beauty gets to its new home safely. Call me at 406-690-6565 if you have any questions. Leave a message if I don't answer and I will get back to you asap. Thanks and good luck bidding.