1968 Camaro SS Pro Touring
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- SubModel: SS
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 1,200
- Color: Black
- Engine size: GM 454
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS
1968 Camaro SS
Pro-Touring / RestoModVehicle Summary This is my personal car; I am not a dealer. This is a great pro-touring 1968 Camaro SS that has undergone a complete restoration. This build was commissioned by a celebrity with the intent of creating a best in class pro-touring car that perfectly combines the original styling with modern technology/equipment. The concept was to construct a 1968 Camaro with largely original appointments and details, hough set up like a road race/Can Am car and able to enjoy as a streetable car or compete in Autocross or Track Day events, hich it ultimately has never done. There is well over $125k invested and it would likely cost more to reproduce this project. Mechanicals, uning and fabrication completed by Bill Andrews at HRE Racing, reeport NY (famed Cobra builder). You simply could not replicate this build for the reserve price. If you are educated on these pro-touring machines, ou will appreciate the thoughtful design behind this project and the careful attention to detail in building it.
Engine, ransmission, uel and Exhaust
· NEW GM crate 454 motor (480 HP) with factory warranty - less than 1000 break-in miles
· Aluminum heads, id RV cam, erpentine belts, M big block manifolds
· Rebuilt Holley 650 carb, tainless lines
· New steering pump and rack.
· Massive Be-Cool radiator with thermo/ electric fans...the car never overheats.
· Ancillaries, uch as water pump, lternator, tc. all brand new. The drivetrain is new.
· Custom aluminum driveshaft and joints
· New Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed transmission with double overdrive feature.
· Complete 3" custom built exhaust, D Magnaflow turbo mufflers - conservative downturned tips, leanly under the rear valance - Tuned sound with the ability to get instantly loud and nasty.
· New fuel tank and fuel lines front to backSuspension and Brakes
· 3M Schutz undercoated undercarriage presents nicely - functional and clean
· New Heidts 4 link rear suspension kit with Heitz coil overs and Ford 9" diff. - 3:50 ratio
· New front with Heitds coil overs
· Adjustable Heidts tubular control Arms
· Subframe connectors (welded in)
· Complete Wilwood big brake kit - 6 piston calipers up front, piston in rear
· Slotted and drilled rotors
· New master cylinder, ew booster
· New stainless steel brake lines
· Power Steering with Rack/Pinion steering
· 9 inch rear end with 3.50 gearsBody and Electrical Black paint with classic white SS stripes (cleared over). I cannot say enough about the quality of the bodywork and paint. This was a very thorough and detailed aspect of the project. The car was meticulously disassembled, repped, ainted, leared, anded and polished. It cost $2500 just to wet sand and buff the completed car.
· The original body was in very nice shape and stripped/prepped with careful attention, ll hinged panels removed and engine bay and firewall prepped and nicely finished (motor out)
· Painted in Bentley Masons Black with correct spec Super Sport stripes painted in Gran Prix white - under 8 + coats of clear.
· All body lines sharpened - all paint was sanded and polished to a black mirror like finish - Running a standard GM Cowl Induction style hood, S rear spoiler and a1969 custom modified valence/fog lamp panel, rille and headlamps
· All chrome refinished to excellent quality spec. All new accessories, ounts and stainless hardware utilized in the build.
· Detroit Speed windshield wiper kit
· New radiator support with radiator and electric fan
· New header and deck lid emblems
· New fuel gas cap
· Hotchkis hood pins
· New rubber body bumper set
· Original bumpers re-chromed ($900) with new hardware
· New glass
· New wiring - new parking light grommets, ew led flashers, ew tail light housingsInterior
· Brand new interior
· All seats finished in black leather with original pattern leather – very nice touch, astefully done.
· New panels, arpet, eadliner, point belts - mainly stock materials and patterns except for the instruments. Original mounts - no holed drilled in the dash. Interior floors bed lined and tidy.
· New Grant 15" leather rally steering wheel
· Hurst shifter with ivory 6 speed pattern knob
· Full array of new AutoMeter instruments - all functioning perfectly and nicely configured into the largely original looking dash and console
· New McIntosh stereo system– high end components
· Dynamat sound deadener installed
· New decals, ew GM door tags
Wheels and Tires
· Complete new Wheel Vintiques steel Rally wheels – they look stock but are oversized to accommodate the massive brakes.
o Rear: 17x9
o Front: 17x8
· New Michelin Pilot Sport tires
· I have a clear PA title in hand in my name. Feel free to ask questions. I do not need to sell the car and although I realize that the car will sell for far less than what it cost to build, will not give it away. Inspections in person are encouraged. The car is finished and sold as is. No warranty. The car will not leave until funds are secured.I might consider trades for c10, orvette,chevelle, ova, uda, rans am, emi, opar