1991 CLASSIC SUBURBAN RESTORED AS BUGOUT (BUG OUT) BOV WITH 5000 MILES WENCH EMP
Price: US $23,750.00 Item location: Bethpage, Tennessee, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Suburban
- Year: 1991
- Mileage: 5000
- VIN: 1GNEV16K5MF102796
- Color: Gray
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1991 Chevrolet Suburban1991 Chevrolet Suburban 4X4 BUGOUT VEHICLE - BUG OUT BOV.
THE RESERVE IS WAAAAAAY BELOW THE "BUY IT NOW."
This has been a 3 year project. You may have seen this Suburban on our YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8owZ2aeOC8&list=PLyVBi3yMHBUNByUikwFNsghJr4ucc5P8X )
The previous owner did the engine and then got caught up with a project on an old Toyota FJ that consumed his time. We purchased this from him, a Sheriff in Texas. This Suburban apparently spent most of its life in Texas as it had NO rust when we went to pick it up and was in pretty decent original shape as you can see from the videos. We discussed doing a frame-off but this truck really did not need it so we redid virtually everything you can think of and made it affordable. You should not have to do ANYTHING to get into it and drive it across the country. Please note, it is almost a 30 year old classic. We made a bugout (bug out) vehicle out of this with some very key BOV features.
The Cool Stuff on the List is the following:
- Night Vision Driving for blacking out and driving in 100% darkness
- EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse) proofing with the EMP Shield Device
- Gun Rack overhead for securing gear and equipment
- New 250 lb. rated rack on the top of the Suburban
- New Gun Holsters on every door that carry's most types of pistols
- Completely fabricated Front bumper with Warn Wench
- Completely Fabricated Rear Bumper
It is going to be a long list of improvements as we went through en entire vehicle to get it right. This project was mainly for a YouTube project. We began working with a veteran's group that has since dissolved and were going to auction this off as a partial fund raiser to help them.
Here is the list of things that should be the most important.
- Engine Replaced in 2017 (approximately 5,000 miles on engine)
- All exterior parts were replaced at that time including alternator and radiator
- Transmission Replaced in 2019 (approximately 500 miles on transmission)
- Completely new Front end in 2019 (approximately 500 miles on front end)
- Overhaul of AC system in 2019Power Steering Motor and steering box in 2019
- New Dash and Dash Lights
- Front and rear bumpers replaced in 2020
- New Paint - Raptor Liner with Customized Color
- New VooDoo Tactical Seat Covers with Molle attachments
- New LED strip lighting on the inside with new LED broadcast light in the rear cargo area
- New Windshield (one week old)
- Some new Window motors
- New weather striping around all 4 passenger/driver doors
- All new weather stripping around all 4 passenger windows
- Some new Chevy and 350 decals for fun
- Stinger Magnetic Door Holsters for most pistols
- Adjustable Overhead Cargo Net for gear
- Small Cargo Nets installed on rear Doors
- Inside Detailed by professional
You always have to make the disclaimers for those things that are not perfect or that could have been done better. We made a recent decision to change the rubber seals around all the windows and now the seals are very tight. Two of the windows are slower now but still work fine. Our painter is a professional painter, but it was our first time working with Raptor Liner and I'd say the paint job it a 8.5 out of a 10. If you watch the YouTube channel, you will see why we had some setbacks and problems. Actually, we almost had to get nasty with Upol (the manufacturer of Raptor Liner) because their stock color was terrible. We redid it. That is why it is a custom gray color. We ended up being very happy with the finished product but it set us back 3 months. We thought long and hard about putting on more aggressive tires but they are still in great shape. There are some stripping areas around the rear doors that could have been changed to look a little better but would not have changed functionality at all and we opted not to put in that detail.
We may take trades up to 5,000 in fun stuff. If you watch our videos, you will know what "fun stuff" means. We are also looking for a nice bumper pull trailer in the $5,000 range. At this we are not interested in projects. We already have another BOV to work on. If you are looking for a "COOL" classic suburban that won't need work to drive anywhere or to put on a hunting lease, this is it. Don't keep looking. Buyer can pick up or arrange for a carrier to pick up the Suburban and we will assist with arrangements with carrier.