1972 Corvette LS5 BB 454 4Speed A//C No Reserve!!
Price: - Item location: Christiansburg, Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 105983
- VIN: 1Z37W2S503662
- Transmission: Manual
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Chevrolet CorvetteNO RESERVE - HIGH BIDDER WINS!!!
1972 LS5 454
THIS IS A NUMBERS MATCHING VETTE WITH THE ORIGINAL 454 ENGINE(Eng DYN - 419.1HP@ 5100 RPM)
ALL HAS BEEN RESTORED IN THE PAST 20 YEARS.
The paint is in great condition and the car has no rust. Interior is exceptional.All work was performed by professionalCorvette facilities. It is rebuilt to be driven and is presently being driven. It is restored to originalfrom under the hood to the interior with few modifications. Completely disassembled frame on restoration - Have folders of photos documenting start to finish. Upgraded the radiator to direct-fit aluminum radiator. Also, upgraded A/C from old R-12 to new R-134 along with all necessary A/C parts to make it cool efficiently. (August 2020) Have all original parts. The original custom wheel covers are in exceptional condition. Interior was rebuilt, includingwiring, as a result all lights, wipers, and instruments work as they should. Overall, everythingwas done so the car can be driven reliably, safely and looks outstanding.
1972 LS5 Corvette Stingray is the last year of the front and rear chrome bumpers - these options make this a most desirable car.
- LS5 - 454ci
- N51 - Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- A85 - Shoulder belts
- C60 - Air conditioning upgraded to R-134 - August 2020 Blows cold
- N40 - Power steering - original refurbished
- J50 - Power brakes - original refurbished
- M21 - Manual transmission (wide ratio) - original refurbished
- PO2 - Custom wheel covers - original refurbished
- U79 - AM/FM radio, stereo
- 972 - Factory exterior - Classic White - newer repaint
- 407 - Factory interior - Red - new
- UA6 - Factory alarm
This is a no hit car - 4th owner car all documented with pictures and names and title copies of all owners. The frame was cleaned prior to priming and painted - was an all original no rust Vette from 2nd owner in Tennessee 1999. This numbers matching Corvette was restored true to the original form and no detail or expense was overlooked or spared. The aim of the effort was to make it as road worthy as a factory fresh Big Block Vette with new and refurbished original components. Approximately 6,800 miles have been driven since restoration. Owners manual and all documentation is provided with the Corvette!
Mechanical Component Numbers:
- VIN: 1Z37W2S503662
- Block: Cast 125503662 9-9-71
- Heads: L 39999241 Date 7-71; R 3998241 Date 3-71
- Intake 1 20 071 casting #6263783
- Transmission Cast- 125 503662 P 2P 15 a 9-15-1972
- Differential Cast A W W 230 E= 1971 3.08 Warren, Michigan 230th day of year Eaton Posi
- Exhaust manifold R 3880828RH Casting #A23174; L 3880821LH Casting #?A177
- Original numbers matching Engine retains many originals hard to find components including distributor, it has original braded spark plug wires.
- The engine was professionally rebuilt when the restoration began.
- The engine has about 6,800 miles since rebuilt and runs very strong
- The carburetor was professionally rebuilt with all new shaft bushings and components.
- The distributor is original with the car and tach-drive gears are perfect.
New fan clutch, plugs, distributor cap, rotor, Mallory electronic, water pump, power steering pump, Aluminum radiator, belts 2/2015 due to age.
- New trans and motor mounts, factory style heat riser and exhaust
New battery, starter, and alternator
Manifolds were blasted and coated.
New AC compressor, accumulator, hoses.
- Professionally rebuilt, new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, flywheel cut/balanced and new shift linkage.
- Shifts smoothly with no rattles
- Rebuilt with all new bearings, seals, breather and posi clutches.
- Filled with correct limited slip fluid.
Propeller and half shafts:
- All were professionally balanced.
- All have new universal joints.
- The trailing arms were completely disassembled, blasted and painted.
- All new bearings, seals, dust guars, emergency brakes, bushings and correct French- locks were used.
- Front and rear stabilizers received all new bushings.
- New Koni front and rear shocks.
New stainless front and rear calipers, rotors, hoses, power booster, parking and brake shoes.
- Front spindles also received new bearings, seals, cork gaskets, etc.
- All wheel covers polished, painted and new medallion
- Tires were replaced 2/2015 due to age.
- NO RUST ANYWHERE!!! is the best way to describe the frame on this car.
- The frame was cleaned prior to priming and painted satin black.
- This is a body that has never been removed from the frame
- All body mounts are in good condition
- All fender lips are perfect
- All chrome bumpers were reconditioned and plated; exterior handles, badges and emblems were replaced.
- The panel fit is typical of this year Corvette with most seams being a consistent width.
- This car drives like a dream! It is a great tight ride! Everything works as it should. I would not hesitate to drive this care anywhere near or far.
- No disappointments here!! Please see all the pictures
- This car is still in pristine condition, always stored inside.
- The engine compartment and underside still look like the pictures.
- New correct cut-pile carper, jute and insulation
- New seat belt retractors, buckles and latches.
- Seat frames were blasted and painted.
- New seat foams.
- New seat covers in correct style.
- Upper dash and console were replaced.
New door panels, window crank handles.
All dash gauges including clock were cleaned and calibrated with new lenses.
Original AM/FM stereo comes with the car replaced with (Corvette) Kenwood AM/FM cassette.
- New headlight, wiper, climate, ignition, horn relay, light, brake, and door switches
I am listing the Vette at a very reasonable opening price with No Reserve (about half of what is invested.) High bidder wins!!You don't have to reach a hidden reserve - you just have to outbid the other guys. Please ask questions before you bid. If you win the auction the car is yours and you are expected to follow throughwith the purchase. Original trim tags and VIN Tags are intact. I have a clean title. The pictures tell the story - but the car looks even better in person. You absolutely will not be even slightly disappointed with this Big Block Vette.
The car is sold "as is" - with no warranty of any kind. I reserve the right to end the auction at any time before the reserve is met. I will keep the Vette in climate controlled storage until transport is arranged. Will help set up transport if you need - at buyers expense. If you win the auction, you must complete the purchase within 3 days - $1,000 PayPal non-refundable deposit is due at end of auction. Wire transfer preferred method of payment.