1970 Chevy C/K 10 4x4 Long Bed Truck - Daily/Work Driver - Reliable
Price: US $6,500.00 Item location: Mill Valley, California, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C-10
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 115000
- VIN: CE140Z119931
- Color: Brown two tone
- Engine size: 350V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Options: sliding rear window added, 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Chevrolet C-101970 C/K 10 4x4, 4" suspension lift, 8' long bed, 350 V8,- new Edelbrock 1406 4bbl w/electric choke- strong oil pressure and compression. no unusual noises from motor
- sm465 4 speed manual transmission (with granny gear) - shifts smoothly. The granny gear has been noisy since I got it, but I don't use it at all- NP 205 ratio 196 transfer case- Dana 44 front differential, GM 12 bolt rear diff - 3.73 ratio- 33" Cooper Discover tires (50% tread left)- 15" aluminum powder coated black aluminum bead bolt wheels- Wheels and tires alone could sell for close to $1000 in current condition- Manual front disc brakes (50% left), rear drums (50%). Was planning on adding a vacuum brake booster when I bought but stops well enough without.- Power Steering - starting to make a little bit a squealing noise turning very sharply at slow (5mph) speed But handles well at driving speeds - nice tight front end with no pull, shake, wobble - hands free wheel at 70 - 75 mph- Has fresh oil change/filter and tune up, air filter, plugs, points and the new carb idles smooth at both low and high idle.- Frame is straight and rust free. Cab has a few rust issues but relatively minor. Rocker panels were replaced and floor panels were patch welded. One of the cab mounts and surrounding metal has rust but not a structural issue. Bed has only very light surface rust, no areas of weakness- Exhaust pipe/muffler/manifold are older with surface rust but no rust through or leaks- Just got a new front drive shaft (you can see from the pictures I haven't installed it yet but will...the old one had a slight wobble and cracked mounting plate)- Has a Rack-It cab over contractor rack. These cost $1500 bucks new for an 8 foot bed.....and good luck finding a used one anywhere, they don't seem to exist- new sliding back window with new rubber- Trailer hitch and wired for trailer brakes
Keep in mind that all comments on condition are relative to a 50 year old heavy duty truck, not a more modern vehicle!
The truck makes a solid daily work driver (short distances better since gas mileage on these things is brutal) and a great base for something prettier. I have owned for 2+ years and never had a mechanical issue while putting about 12,000 miles on it. Total mileage unknown. Don't hesitate to email with any questions. I have many more pictures so just ask. Also have video. And a list of stuff I would fix if I had time/money. I am gonna put it for sale locally in a few days also so auction can end at any time.