1962 CHEVROLET IMPALA SS RESTO-MOD
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Impala
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: SUPER SPORT
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 1500
- VIN: 0000000
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: LS1
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Steering, POWER DISC BRAKES, Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Power Disc Brakes
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Chevrolet Impala SUPER SPORT
1962 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport
This is anImpalayou are drawn to as soon as it comes into your view... It's a fact that thisBentleySilverImpalanever looked this stunning coming directly from the factory in 1962.
If you take a very close look at the pictures and written description of thisImpalawill see that when the term â€œTotal Restorationâ€ is used that the term will apply to this beautifulImpala.
While thisImpalainvolved more than4years of restoration, performance building, and â€œspare no expense" to complete, it is priced well below what you would spend to buy an unrestoredImpalaand start from scratch to build this samebeautiful example.
ThisImpalaneeds nothing but a new owner that will appreciate the quality of theworkmanship, attention to detailand is ready to enjoy all the performance improvements that are part of thisImpalanow that were not available in 1962.
Below is the detail of the work completed during the restoration period to deliver this classic & stunningImpalathat will make the potential new owner the envy of anyone who lays eyes on it.
Summarizing the efforts that were put into the body & exterior of theImpalademonstrate that this was going to bea beautifulclassic when the entirecar iscompleted:
EVER SINGLE PART OF THE CAR IS EITHER NEW OR RE-CONDITIONED. MOST EVERY PART IS POWDER COATED.
1. First, all the main components of the body are original:BODY-DOORS FENDERS HOOD.No reproductionparts.
2. Next thecarwascompletelydisassembled...EVERY SINGLE NUT, BOLT, SCREW AND PANEL WAS TAKEN APART.Every bodypart was media blasted for inspection, andepoxycoated. Frame was sand blasted and powder coated.
3. Next,thecarwas assembled and body parts fitted to perfection to get all the lines & gaps just right. There weremany,manyhoursspent on preparing the body & parts for paint. Factory fitting could not compare to thisfinished vehicle.
4. Prior to final paint, the entire underside of the car, inside of body, doors and trunk area were powder coated.
5. Next was paint. Coloris 2014 Bentley Silverbase coat/clear coat.Note: paint was not just done on the parts that show, many parts were painted on both sides which takes considerably more work but makes the job a real restoration.This includes under the hood, inside all doors andundersideof trunk lid.
6. All the stainless,chrome, aluminum bright work have been professionally refinished/re-chromed.
7. ALL NEW TINTED WINDOW GLASS AND RUBBER.
1. NEW LS1 CRATE MOTOR
2. 4L60 GM Electronic Transmission
3. CamaroPosi-tractionrear differential
4. New custom driveshaft-Polyurethane bushing and slip yoke
5. 605 POWER STEERING
1. NEW HOTCKHIS TUBULAR FRONT AND REARSUSPENSION
2. NEW HOTCHKIS SWAY BARS AND CONTROL ARMS
3. NEWFOUR WHEELPOWER DISC BRAKES
4. NEW SHOCKS
5. ALL NEW POLYURETHANE BUSHINGS/BODY MOUNTS
6. ALL NEW SPRINGS
7. ALL NEW STAINLESS BRAKE LINES
1. NEW STAINLESS FUEL TANK- EXTERNAL ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION PUMP
2. NEW ALUMINUM RADIATOR WITH SPAL FAN
3. ALL STAINLESS FUEL LINES
4. VINTAGE AIR GEN IV AIR CONDITIONING
5. VINTAGE AIR FRONT RUNNER ASSEMBLY
1. ALL NEW CUSTOM STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, INCLUDING HEADERS, PIPES, CLAMPS,
2. POLISHED STAINLESS MUFFLERS
1. POLISHED STAINLESSFLAMING RIVER TILT STEERING COLUMN
2. CUSTOM RETRO-SOUND STEREO WITH POWER AMP IN TRUNK- BLUE TOOTH
3. CUSTOM IMPALA SS STEERING WHEEL
4. ALL NEW CUSTOM STITCHED INTERIOR, INCLUDING FACTORY BUCKET SEATS AND CONSOLE AND CARPETS
5. ALL SEAT FRAMES SAND BLASTED AND POWDER COATED.
6. CUSTOM FINISHING OF THE TRUNK COMPARTMENT, INCLUDING CARPETS, PANELS & CUSTOM TRIM
7. ELECTRIC-LIFE POWER WINDOWS
8. VINTAGE SW GAUGES
9. COLOR MATCHED FRONT AND REAR SEAT BELTS
1. COMPLETE CUSTOM REWIRE, USING COACH CONTROLS SYSTEM. FUSE PANEL IN TRUNK.
2. OPTIMA BATTERY IN TRUNK WITH REMOTE PIGTAIL FOR TRICKLE CHARGER
1. ALL NEW STAINLESS SCREWS AND FASTENERS USED THROUGHOUT
2. CUSTOM EMS BILLET HOOD HINGES
3. ENTIRE INSIDE OF CAR, INCLUDING BODY, FIREWALL,ROOF,DOORSAND TRUNK PROTECTED WITH DYNAMAT SOUND DEADENING PRODUCT.
4. ALL NEW RUBBER AND WEATHERSTRIPPING, INCLUDING WINDOW RUBBER, SEALS, GASKETS, DOOR RUBBER, TRUNK RUBBER, BUSHINGS. ETC.
1. AMERICAN TORQUE THRUST M ANTHRACITE WHEELS- 17"
2. BF GOODRICH TIRES-
FRONT: 225/50 ZR17
REAR: 275/40 ZR17
THIS CUSTOM BUILD IS FULLY SUPPORTED BY EXTENSIVE PHOTOGRAPHS DOCUMENTING THE PROGRESS OF THE BUILD FROM START TO FINISH. THERE IS ALSO AND EXTENSIVE PORTFOLIO OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, RECEIPTS. CAR HAS LESS THAN 1500 MILES SINCE COMPLETION
INTERESTED PARTIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO INSPECT THE VEHICLE AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
VEHICLE IS LOCATED IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, EAST BAY
SELLER WILL ASSIST WITH SHIPPING IF DESIRED
PLEASE CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS