1980 Corvette - Silver - Drives Awesome
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- SubModel: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: T Top
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 77840
- Color: Silver
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Oyster
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 Chevrolet Corvette T Top(Being re-listed due to some buyer who made an offer, then never contacted me)Be sure you have the funds to pay for this car and be ready to pay the $500 deposit requiredimmediately upon wining the auction. Please check with the wife and/or accountant, orfinancial advisor beforecommitting to this, and you can followthrough. Thanks.
This is a Really nice driving 1980 Corvette in Metalic Silver Exterior paint with Oyster/Light Gray interior. Smooth running Corvette. Starts right up without hesitation and drives great, torque response and acceleration are excellent.Has tilt and telescopic steering wheel. (these 80-82 Corvettes showed a speedometer with maximum 85mph, but it was done to discourage racing- actual top speed is closer to double).
All brakes works as they should. Power windows, vintage cassette stereo also work well.
As do the Lights, interior lights, wipers, and gauges; (except for the clock) which is an easy fix.
Current CA registration with clean title. No rust on this car.
These Corvettes are simple straightforward cars that are built to last. They require minimum maintenance and all parts and trim are readily available.
I have owned several Corvettes from 1971-1982 and can attest to their reliability.
Here are some of the brand new items just installed:
1) front/rear carpet kit in correct color,
2) battery with cut off switch,
4) seats have new foam and upholstery in original Oyster color- seat hardware has also been cleaned and painted.
5) recent tune-up and oil change (passed CA Smog inspection about 4 months ago)
6) color correct floor mats just cleaned.
7). Interior was professionally cleaned and detailed and spot colored where needed
8) original heat shield in currently under the new carpet.
9) Wheels have been polished.
10) The engine was replaced sometime in the past with a GM Crate Engine, not sure of the size but believe it to be a 350 small block or similar size.
11) comes with a dash cover/protector as well as one for the steering wheel. 12) Engine was power washed and detailed
12) seems to have had a re-paint in original color some years ago.
Here are the current negative points on this car:
1) The light switch needs replacement - has a vacuum leak at the switch which prevents the headlights from flipping up (you can make them stay in the up position with the manual over-ride)
2) The speedometer works but the needle "dances" a little and causes a small noise.
3) the nose has some paint damage which is typical but not too noticeable
4) the battery compartment closes and opens but the hinge is broken.
5) the seatbelts are dirty due to the light color, and the driver's side is frayed in a small area.
6) horn not working.
7) weather stripping on the t-tops is worn.
8) There are a few paint chips on the car, but for the most part the paint is good with great shine.
9) the AC is not working nor the blower fan controls. - the heater seems to work as the rear defogger.
10) crack in the interior trim piece by the sun visor.
11) T-Tops has some paint flaws and if I were the new buyer I would have them re-painted sometime in the future.
Also: The smog pump and smog equipment have been removed from the car, but will be included separately with the car. Most people end up removing the smog equipment anyway as it is always a bother.
I'll acceptPayPal for a $500 deposit and will work with you forthe balance.
Buyer makes alltransportationarrangements. Car is sold as is and without any warranty. You are welcome to come and inspect the car. Located in the Los Angeles area.
I also have a 1972 Corvette that I am finishing therestoration after 2 years that will probably sell in the near future. Ifinterested let me know, probably asking $35,000
(This vehicle is listed locally and I reserve the right to end the auction early)