THE LEGENDARY FIRE BREATHING L89 CORVETTE...
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: L89
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 89635
- VIN: 194378S420621
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 427
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Chevrolet Corvette L89
This is an overall original unrestored car with a high quality repaint in the original color in the 90s. It was recognized very early on as a special corvette and maintained in an absolute beautiful cosmetic and mechanical condition. Most recently in August 2018 all fluids were drained, carbs rebuilt, fresh tune up, with the engine dialed in on a dynamometer all by a very experienced racing engine specialist. The car starts quickly, drives, handles, and stops beautifully as it should. The car has 89K original miles.
This is an unmolested factory delivered Aluminum Head 427CI 435hp (1 of 634), Tri-power, Close Ratio 4- Speed, 3:70 Rear Posi car. This is NOT a â€œperiod correctâ€ drive train, a â€œCE blockâ€ replacement, or a "restoration" from the dead. This is simply an original beautifully maintained born with numbers matching no hit L89.
Undeniable traceability authenticates this historically significant Corvette, including but not limited to:
- Original Purchase Order. The car was delivered by Clippinger Chevrolet in California and sold by the legendary Bloomington Gold Great Hall of famer Bob Wingate (Really) (greathallpeople.html). Bob was named by Chevrolet in 1970 as â€œCorvetteâ€™s #1 Salesmanâ€. At the time, he was a Club Organizer, Promoter and Racer. Bob was instrumental in the development of the famous James Gardner L88 Racing Team that ran in the 1968 Daytona 24 hour race (airl88.com)
- Topflight NCRS Certification
- Original Window Sticker, authenticated by NCRS Historic Document Services
- Original Fully Legible Tank Sticker, authenticated by NCRS Historic Document Services
- Chuck Bergâ€™s comprehensive inspection report notarized.
- Owners history, including NCRS Judge
- Ownerâ€™s Manual
- Numerus judging sheets (NCRS, Concur, etc.) back to 1997!)
- Record of PNs, SNs of important L89 components, etc.
- Dyno Sheet from August 2018
Factory Installed Options:
2986AA SILVERSTONE SILVER
2986AA 4-SPD CL RATIO TRAN
2L89AA ALUM CYL HEAD EQUP (1 of 634)
2J50QA POWER BRAKES
2U69EE AM/FM RADIO
2A31AA POWER WINDOWS
2A01AA TINTED GLASS
2K66DA FULL-TRANISTOR IGN
2N11AA SPECIAL OFFROAD EXH
2F41AC SPEC-PUR SUSPENSION
2PT7AA F70X15X2 PLY W STRP
2G81PA POSITRACT AXLE 370R
2L71AA 435HP TURBO-JET V8
XXXXXX What I believe are 1968 clear vinyl dealer mats
Car is sold as is without warranty. All information is to the best of my knowledge based on the condition of the car and documentation including expert authentications. You are encouraged to inspect it all in advance of the sale. A winning bid is a binding sale.
Car is located in University Place, WA 98466. I can hold the car for up to 30 days and assist to load in your covered truck. I suggest the documentation package is shipped express mail. $1000 PayPal or wire transfer deposit is required within 48 hours of purchase, with balance due in 7 days by cashierâ€™s check or wire transfer only. Car will not move until funds clear.
It is time for the next person to enjoy this beautiful (blue chip) muscle car. Need space, price to sell...Pics & YouTube video (YouTube Search > 134474 1968 Chevrolet Sting Ray Corvette) credits courtesy of RK Motors & airl88.com because they take better pics than I do. (I have put 145 miles on the car at the time of this ad). It has been ~ten years since I used ebay to sell a car, but please check out the buyers feedback back then on a ~$80K 66 GTO.
PLEASE DO NOT contact me to help sell the car. I am a private collector that sells my cars directly to other loving collectors.
Buyers, please contact me as needed for more details, additional pics, etc.