'79 Z28 383 Stroker, Trick Flow alum. heads,350 turbo auto,12 bolt posi. Project
Price: US $6,500.00 Item location: Sierra Madre, California, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 10
- VIN: 1Q87L9L601761
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 383 stroker, 400 crank, 350 small block
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Chevrolet CamaroThis Z28 was driven and is now stored in LA, California. Originally purchased new in '79 by my Uncle and I started driving it stock in '81. Black on black with T-tops, this is my first car I drove to high school.
- This is a project car with a new 383 stroker engine with a 400 crank, the bottom end blueprinted and built by Blair's Speed Shop.
- Compression test (cylinder/reading): 1/220, 3/225, 5/210, 7/210, 2/230, 4/215, 6/205 & 8/215
- Trick Flow aluminumheads
- Body is straight, with the exception of a bent in the lower passenger door. (A past gf's mom backed into it while it was parked.) This vehicle has never been crashed. There is some paint cracking by the driver's side t-top roof. Driver's side t-top is scratched.
- The suspension is upgraded. HO racing coil springs, heavy-duty upper a-arms and fiberglass leaf springs from Vette Brakes, and front and rear performance sway bars.
- 11" MP Brakes rear drum brakes kit and stock disc brakes in front. The rear brakes still need to be dialed in. I had purchased a rear disc brake kit, a dual diaphragm brake booster and master cylinder for a Corvette in attempts to setup the rear with disc brake power. We couldn't get it to work so I purchased the 11" drum kit.
- 12 bolt Positraction rear end
- American Racing 5 stoke 16" wheels
- New Fuzion 245/50 16R set of 4 tires
- This Z28 has been covered and stored in a carport on blocks.