1965 Chevrolet Malibu Chevelle Wagon
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Malibu
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 999999
- Color: Yellow
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Chevrolet Malibu
1965 Chevrolet Malibu/Chevelle Wagon. These long-roof survivors are few and far between and have now become one of the most sought after Malibu/Chevelle models. This particular example can be an easy rolling restoration. It starts, stops, and drives nicely. It's mechanical needs are few, so you can be enjoying it while the exterior and interior are completed to whatever level you choose. It has a 350 replacement engine (total miles unknown), a THM350 automatic and an open 10 bolt rear. It has an aluminum radiator and the front has already been converted to disc brakes.
- Believed to be lifelong California car
- Unbelievable chassis and floor pans.
- Decent dash bezel and gauges
- Very nice front and rear seats and upholstery
- Nice front and rear bumpers
- Nice, not perfect, but nice glass
- Clean, rust-free spare tire well
- 350 engine with no bad habits - no noise, no knocks, no smoke - reliable
- THM350 automatic with clean red fluid and shifts as it should
- Clean/Clear California Title - on no-op. NO Salvage nonsense or back fees
THE NOT SO GOOD:
- Paint and prior bodywork is okay for a driver, but looks better in pictures than it actually is.
- Needs the usual restoration parts - carpet, door panels, headliner, etc.
- Most essentials work, but it's the original wiring harness which has gone through a few ham-handed owners - should be replaced at some point
- Rear tailgate window is in-op and just raised up into place. Needs a tailgate motor and weather stripping
- Needs some moldings installed and would benefit greatly from a new grille kit
- There are some spots that are showing bubbling under the paint and cracking filler. Most is found on the tailgate and several places on the side of the roof where the roof rails were shaved - prep appears to have been lacking before it was originally painted.
If you are reading this, you already know that the price for nicely finished wagons has gone insane. Most of us can't shell out $30-45K so the only option is to build it. This one would do great as a daily driver, but it's also a great candidate for a full restro-mod.
Study the pictures carefully and ASK ALL YOUR QUESTIONS prior to buying. This comes with a CLEAN / CLEAR CALIFORNIA TITLE IN MY NAME, and the title matches the VIN plate in the door jamb. In California this is not smog exempt - it is PRE SMOG so if you want to stick a blower through the hood; no problem.
All transportation arrangements whether by carrier or any other means are the responsibility of the buyer. I will do everything on my end to assist your carrier in meeting their scheduling issues. For any overseas buyers, the car is approximately an hour from the Port of Los Angeles and should not present any problem for your broker to arrange easy transport and shipping to your location. A $500.00 deposit is required via Paypal immediately. Failure to post the deposit as indicated will lead to sale cancellation. The balance is payable in cash, or wire transfer within 3 days of auction close. Vehicle needs to be picked upwithin 2 weeksof auction close. All funds must clear my bank before the vehicle leaves without exception. Should go without saying but....the vehicle is sold AS IS, WHERE IS, and is WITHOUT WARRANTY of ANY kind. Only you can determine if it is suited for your intended use, and there are no returns or refunds under any circumstances. You buy it, you own it.
Thanks for taking a look!