92 Chevy S-10 Pickup 4.3L V6
Price: - Item location: Liberty Lake, Washington, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: S-10
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 112,900
- VIN: 1GCCS14Z0N2159747
- Color: White
- Engine size: 4.3
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Chevrolet S-10What is right with it?
- Starts every time and runs
- Has the long bed with rubber mat
- Includes spare tire and jack
- Includes extra set of studded tires and wheels
- Has brand new Bluetooth radio and USB outlets
- New spark plugs
- New air filter
- Recent transmission and engine oil/filter change
- Clean body for the age
- Low miles for the age
- Has clean title
- A/C and heat are working
What is wrong with it?
- It spits out white cloud on cold starts, but smoke stops right away.
- It runs very rough. Something is out of balance or breaking soon. Starts every time on first try but faster you go the more it shakes and wobbles.
Here is what one mechanic said:
"Smoke from exhaust is engine oil. Duplicate shudder, found shudder changes with engine speed, not vehicle speed, also shudders sitting still when engine revved up. Inspect rear suspension, axle and driveshaft, found no faults. Scope test ignition and do cylinder balance test - inconclusive. Needs further diagnosis to determine cause of engine roughness."
Here is what another mechanic said:
"Noise in rear differential. Recommend rebuild rear end."
Bottom line: I am not sure what is wrong with it.
Here is a video of engine start and runninghttps://youtu.be/xq0VB_THu9Q
This is the sought after 2WD model. Could be a great project car to drop a small block in and restore. Or, just identify and fix the current issue and use as daily driver.